Attended Practice Today

AUesquire

I had the privilege of attending AU's practice today and just wanted to give a few comments and give my perspective. (Oh great esquire, we've hardly been able to contain ourselves and we're hanging on your every word) :P Got to walk the field with the players and coaches and meet quite a few of them.

They went through numerous drills with light contact. It was a spirited practice and there was even a good scrap that went on between M. Pitts and another DB during a drill. It went on for a good minute and the coaches and players didn't do anything but encourage it and cheer em' on. No bigee and it fired everyone up.

The most impressive athlete on the field, bar none, is Carlos Rogers. They ran many drills with one on one coverage and there's no one on the team that can shake him. He owns the WR's. The coaches call him Jim Thorpe.

The LB's did some heavy hitting in their drills and it's easy to see why some play and some don't. Travis Williams is heads above all of them and he gets wherever he's going in a huge hurry and always has a can of whoop ass when he arrives.

JC is so far ahead of the other QB's that it's scary. Watched all the QB's go through tons of reps and JC is so smooth it's ridiculous. Cox looked good at times but floated way too many passes. Booker is a good lookin' kid with a strong arm. He was a little inconsistent but had some flashes of brilliance.

WR's: Aromado is built like a friggin' gazzelle. He's smooth as silk. Mix is HUGE and looks 40 years old. Someone check that kids birth certificate. All the receivers looked great and all caught the ball exceptionally well. Jamoga Ramsey stood out as well. He's quick as a cat.

Did not see Tommy Jackson or Wayne Dickens at all and I don't know what was up with them. Maybe someone has an update. Josh Thompson got the reps at NG and looked good.

The future: The running backs all looked good including C. Stewart, Watson and Lester. Again, Ramsey was exceptional today at WR. Lorenzo Ferguson, red shirt DB is tall, fast and built like a train. He got a lot of reps and good praise from the staff. We definitely need some size and numbers at LB.

Got to stand on the edge of the huddle at the end and hear CTT speak along with Chett Williams. They will practice tomorrow and break for Christmas. It was a great day and I called as many friends as possible from practice to gloat.

And then we went to Hooters. :big:

You lucky Tiger :angry:

Thanks for the update.

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

VERRRRRY cool...thanks for sharing. Were the wings as good as usual...cause I'm sure that's all you were interested in.... :big:

Hey TU21, are practices open to the public still? If so, what time will you all be practicing today? I am headin up to Auburn to do some Chrismtas shopping and wanted to stop by and check it out...

I hope the guys can pick up some pointers from Carlos before he heads off for the NFL. I honestly think Booker may give Cox a run for this money in the spring but time will tell. Thanks for the practice updates.

The food was...uh...well...it was....

Dang, I can't remember what I had.  But I'm sure it was good and I highly recommend it.

133398[/snapback]

And I bet the Janet Jacksons weren't bad either :big::big:

That's good news about the high morale. I was a little worried about them not bein gpumped up because it is sort of a letdown game for them since it's not the NC. I think they'll be excited though, and even more so when they get to New Orleans!!! I can't wait. Only 12 more days!!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE AND BEAT THE HOKIES!!!!

One thing I forgot to mention and I'm not giving away anything here because it's just a general comment. Expect a little razzle-dazzle. A couple of pretty cool things were worked on. Hey, why not? Let em' have some fun.

The food was...uh...well...it was....

Dang, I can't remember what I had.  But I'm sure it was good and I highly recommend it.

133398[/snapback]

And I bet the Janet Jacksons weren't bad either :big::big:

133412[/snapback]

You liked the Hooter's there? I thought that CTT could have done a better job recruiting waitresses than they did. "Woof woof" if you know what I mean.

A question for those who have been to the AU hooters. I'm just guessing that the girls there are a cut and a half above the average hooters restaraunt. Are they?

Archived