JACOBS IS THE AD

woods1110

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWSV5...ryV5break22.htm

Jacobs named Auburn AD

Montgomery Advertiser

AUBURN -- Auburn University interim president Ed Richardson made his long-awaited decision on the school's next athletic director early this morning, selecting senior associate athletic director Jay Jacobs for the position.

Jacobs becomes Auburn's 14th athletic director and replaces the retiring David Housel.

A former Auburn football player, Jacobs was the only internal candidate of the four finalists for the job. The other candiates were LSU athletic administrator Dan Radakovich, Florida athletic administrator Greg McGarity and NBC-Universal executive Scott Etheridge.

“I am extremely excited about the opportunity of directing Auburn’s athletic program,” Jacobs said. “We have a great tradition of success here and I look forward to helping Auburn continue to achieve positive results on the playing field and in the classroom.”

As senior associate athletic director in charge of Tigers Unlimited, Auburn’s development arm, Jacobs oversaw the fund-raising efforts that secured approximately $60-million in gifts in the last three years. He is spearheading a $90 million capital campaign which is the largest in Auburn athletic history.

The school scheduled a 2 p.m. news conference to officially introduce Jacobs.

“The search for an athletic director attracted a number of very qualified candidates, making this a difficult decision," Richardson said in a news release. "I believe that Jay’s experience with Auburn athletics, his tenure with Tigers Unlimited and his strong desire to serve the University as athletic director are solid indicators of the skills and leadership he will draw on in guiding athletics. I look forward to his every success.”

Jacobs is a native of LaFayette.

Amen Brother....Preach on ! ! ! :au:

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

WAR EAGLE!!!

Now...let's get the baseball and basketball teams inline with the football and swimming programs....as for em all!

Archived