Baseball vs. Jacksonville State Game 2

Auburn's 7 game winning streak comes to an end. Sloppy play today. 12 BBs issued by AU pitching. CCC in Montgomery against Bama on Tuesday.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We puked that one away. Gotta have better pitching out of the pen on a day where we plated 9 runs.

Really disappointing after such a great performance last night. I hope this team can find some consistency; although I will say that's the worst AU has looked maybe this year and still was one hit away from tying it up. Weekend was a success with 2 wins, one of them over a top 10 team but just leaves a bad taste after that

We puked that one away. Gotta have better pitching out of the pen on a day where we plated 9 runs.

Bull pen has a long way to go....once we get past the starter and first closer there is not much there it seems. The offense did more than enough to win this game. Guess this offsets that win against Okie State yesterday in the RPI.

I agree. That said Jack. State will prob. play in the postseason because of their offense.

Two steps forward, one step back.

Better than 1 step forward, 2 steps back! But I do hope they can finish the noncon slate at 5-0 going to TAMU in a couple weeks

CSG calling this a "learning experience" after the game. Gotta hand it to him, his interviews have gotten better this year at least, which I think is what turned a lot of people off to him last year.

Bull pen has a long way to go....once we get past the starter and first closer there is not much there it seems. The offense did more than enough to win this game. Guess this offsets that win against Okie State yesterday in the RPI.

FWIW, WarrenNolan just updated theirs. Theirs is unofficial, as there are several "mystery variables" the official ncaa one uses, but WN always is usually very consistent. AU was 48 before, 68 after that loss. Still not a lot of games played in the season so RPI is very volatile, but hopefully we can end the year in the top 40 come Regional picking time

FWIW, WarrenNolan just updated theirs. Theirs is unofficial, as there are several "mystery variables" the official ncaa one uses, but WN always is usually very consistent. AU was 48 before, 68 after that loss. Still not a lot of games played in the season so RPI is very volatile, but hopefully we can end the year in the top 40 come Regional picking time

JMO but we will either qualify or not qualify based on what we do in the SEC....games like this become a factor when the SEC record is marginal. And again, JMO but if it takes wins over the Jax States of the world for us to get to the NCAA, we ain't going far anyway.

We need to win 2 out 3 in most SEC series...and if we can do that, there will probably be post season baseball for us.

Most certain ways to lose a game:

1)Your pitchers don't throw strikes

2) No need to lengthen the list today. Walk 'em and you will lose.

CSG calling this a "learning experience" after the game. Gotta hand it to him, his interviews have gotten better this year at least, which I think is what turned a lot of people off to him last year.

That and the behind the scenes stuff. Hopefully the atmosphere is happier this season and AU can keep moving forward. There has been improvement so that's good to see.

JMO but we will either qualify or not qualify based on what we do in the SEC....games like this become a factor when the SEC record is marginal. And again, JMO but if it takes wins over the Jax States of the world for us to get to the NCAA, we ain't going far anyway.

We need to win 2 out 3 in most SEC series...and if we can do that, there will probably be post season baseball for us.

Going to be tough when we play all the ranked SEC teams and none of the projected bottom tier (UK, UT, or Mizzou).

True...but we can't start the SEC with something 2-12 like last year....and our results against the bottom of the league were not that great. Baseball is pretty much a home field sports (or usually is) and we just need to hold serve when we get the good guys to AU. Vandy comes in early and we have a good home schedule late in the season....the time to build momentum.

Should be some great baseball in AU this year.

I agree with AU64, and this is the good with the bad of the SEC. Because it is such a great baseball league it's not preposterous to believe 10 teams will qualify for the big tournament. Because the league is so good it only takes a .500 mark in league play. Only. 15 conference wins.

Coach Holliday has got to get some quality innings on Sundays. I think he will.

Archived