2017 4* QB Lowell Narcisse (LSU recommit 12/19/16)

CameronCrazy

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AU will be one of his 3 visits before his Monday decision

Visiting this weekend for the cookout. So I'm told.

Yup. Both AU and LSU staffs are confident.

Sounds like there are a lot of reasons to like AU's chances here; however, I find it a little odd that a player at a high-profile position from a state like Louisiana would commit to an out-of-state school this far in advance. I realize it happens sometimes, but that is a lot of pressure for quite a while.

Sounds like there are a lot of reasons to like AU's chances here; however, I find it a little odd that a player at a high-profile position from a state like Louisiana would commit to an out-of-state school this far in advance. I realize it happens sometimes, but that is a lot of pressure for quite a while.

When you know you know. I'm going with AU on this one. Kid will be a star in Gus's offense. Less competition at lsu but questions on how he fits in their system.

When you know you know. I'm going with AU on this one. Kid will be a star in Gus's offense. Less competition at lsu but questions on how he fits in their system.

Completely agree that Lowell is a great fit in Gus's system. LSU offense has been so bad it is hard to understand if they even have a system, while ours can be lethal.

Completely agree that Lowell is a great fit in Gus's system. LSU offense has been so bad it is hard to understand if they even have a system, while ours can be lethal.

Agreed. When was the last time they actually utilized someone with Narcisse's skill set? He'll shine in Gus' offense.

https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1784869

St. James (La.) 2017 Rivals100 quarterback Lowell Narcisse is announcing his college choice on Monday. He'll choose LSU, Auburn, Alabama or Clemson in just six days.

But before the dual-threat quarterback makes his choice, he'll take three more visits.

Narcisse will trek to in-state LSU on Thursday and Auburn and Alabama both on Saturday.

"I visited Clemson earlier this month so I will have seen all of them again before my announcement," Narcisse said of his four finalists. "I'm going to Auburn Saturday and I'll pass through Alabama on my way home."

Narcisse, ranked No. 57 overall in 2017, last visited Auburn in April for the spring game. Several members of his family joined him, and some will be returning this weekend.

"My mom and my brothers are coming," Narcisse said. "They have seen Auburn before and wanted to see it again. We're coming up to spend the day, see everything again and talk to the coaches."

Narcisse, 6-foot-2 and 205 pounds, is being recruited to Auburn by offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Rhett Lashlee.

"I've been talking to Coach Lashlee and I'm looking forward to seeing him again," Narcisse said. "I just want to get a good feel around all the coaches."

Narcisse's announcement is Monday at 5 p.m. CT.

Rivals ranks Narcisse the No. 3 overall player in Louisiana and the state's top quarterback in 2017.

Agreed. When was the last time they actually utilized someone with Narcisse's skill set? He'll shine in Gus' offense.

Never.

https://auburn.rival...asp?CID=1784869

St. James (La.) 2017 Rivals100 quarterback Lowell Narcisse is announcing his college choice on Monday. He'll choose LSU, Auburn, Alabama or Clemson in just six days.

But before the dual-threat quarterback makes his choice, he'll take three more visits.

Narcisse will trek to in-state LSU on Thursday and Auburn and Alabama both on Saturday.

"I visited Clemson earlier this month so I will have seen all of them again before my announcement," Narcisse said of his four finalists. "I'm going to Auburn Saturday and I'll pass through Alabama on my way home."

Narcisse, ranked No. 57 overall in 2017, last visited Auburn in April for the spring game. Several members of his family joined him, and some will be returning this weekend.

"My mom and my brothers are coming," Narcisse said. "They have seen Auburn before and wanted to see it again. We're coming up to spend the day, see everything again and talk to the coaches."

Narcisse, 6-foot-2 and 205 pounds, is being recruited to Auburn by offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Rhett Lashlee.

"I've been talking to Coach Lashlee and I'm looking forward to seeing him again," Narcisse said. "I just want to get a good feel around all the coaches."

Narcisse's announcement is Monday at 5 p.m. CT.

Rivals ranks Narcisse the No. 3 overall player in Louisiana and the state's top quarterback in 2017.

Have a sneaky suspicion that he does not make the trip to uat.

What an arsenal of weapons this guy has! Nick Marshall smooth. Definitely on the same page with his high school WRs. Lefty Lowell, come on over to the Plains!

What an arsenal of weapons this guy has! Nick Marshall smooth. Definitely on the same page with his high school WRs. Lefty Lowell, come on over to the Plains!

Gus is great friends with Lowell's high school coach. Run's Gus's system.

So the way I read this, is...Clemson - ehhh, "going" to Auburn, and "passing through" Alabama.

Am I doing this right?

So the way I read this, is...Clemson - ehhh, "going" to Auburn, and "passing through" Alabama.

Am I doing this right?

Absolutely. Way to use logical thinking. I think he us our's to lose. I don't think he would visit Auburn again if he didn't plan on signing with us.

I hope you guys are right but logic for me says LSU. Why would Narcisse commit so early and have to put up with 1 1/2 years of pressure to flip . But if LSU quickly moves on and gets a committment from someone they think is better the pressure would ease I suppose. We'll have to wait and see. Maybe his final decision has not been made. In whch case this weekend might seal the deal.

I hope you guys are right but logic for me says LSU. Why would Narcisse commit so early and have to put up with 1 1/2 years of pressure to flip . But if LSU quickly moves on and gets a committment from someone they think is better the pressure would ease I suppose. We'll have to wait and see. Maybe his final decision has not been made. In whch case this weekend might seal the deal.

Hard to say but QBs are typically leaders on the field and off. Many times they become the face of the class and buy in to the program they committed to in a big way. Examples: Shea Patterson, Aaron Murray, Jacob Eason, Watson at Clemson....I could go on.

If he remains uncommitted, I'd think he'd get more pressure. It might be a slightly friendlier version, but it would be relentless and intense. It seems like kids who shut it down early still get their fair share of nastiness, but it seems like a less noisy experience. An open recruitment of a high profile kid is an idiotic circus, as we all know, and some of the kids (like Lawson) don't care for it.

Additionally, it's possible that Narcisse views playing quarterback under Gus Malzahn as a dream come true. And why shouldn't he?

Here's a flipside to the logic conundrum. Why would LN make the long trip to visit AU on his own dime for the weekend the day before he commits and not commit to AU?

Here's a flipside to the logic conundrum. Why would LN make the long trip to visit AU on his own dime for the weekend the day before he commits and not commit to AU?

Interesting point. If Lowell commits to us, will it effect Jake B's choice at all? It would be amazing to get both of them.

I may be wrong here, but it seems like i heard somewhere that he is stopping by Auburn on his way back home. Could be wrong, but it would then be logical to assume he still was a little curious about the good guys. At any rate, it is good to have him back on campus instead of bypassing AU and just going straight home.

I may be wrong here, but it seems like i heard somewhere that he is stopping by Auburn on his way back home. Could be wrong, but it would then be logical to assume he still was a little curious about the good guys. At any rate, it is good to have him back on campus instead of bypassing AU and just going straight home.

He said he was stopping by bama on his way home from AU.

Interesting point. If Lowell commits to us, will it effect Jake B's choice at all? It would be amazing to get both of them.

Only Jake can answer that. The staff want both right now.

I see your point. but if he didn't visit Auburn one more time I don't even think there would be this discussion and him listing AU as one of final two would not even be taken seriously. How many times had he visited Auburn before today? once maybe twice? Anyway I'm thinking his mind is not made up 100%. We all keep our fingers crossed that LN is having the time of his life.

Archived