Hillary Emails/Private Server (THREADS MERGED)

TheBlueVue

DiGenova said the case would be extremely difficult for the Justice Department to ignore, notwithstanding Hillary’s status as the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination.

"You cannot bury this," he said. "If they are going to give her a pass on this, they had better have a very damned good reason, and one does not quickly come to mind."

She will get a pass whether she deserves it or not? One of her aids will fall on the sword for her. It is a shame that others will do less and face more jail time. But again since she is teflon, and the front runner they will not let her get charged. I hope I am wrong and justice will be served.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiGenova said the case would be extremely difficult for the Justice Department to ignore, notwithstanding Hillary’s status as the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination.

"You cannot bury this," he said. "If they are going to give her a pass on this, they had better have a very damned good reason, and one does not quickly come to mind."

She will get a pass whether she deserves it or not? One of her aids will fall on the sword for her. It is a shame that others will do less and face more jail time. But again since she is teflon, and the front runner they will not let her get charged. I hope I am wrong and justice will be served.

That's a good bet but I join you in hoping we are wrong.

She may try the Richard Scrushy defense, "Everyone that worked directly for me is a crook and I know nothing about it".

However Scrushy was smart, he never wrote anything down directing the illegal activities. Of course he had a stacked jury that cleared him.

Y'all are gonna be so disappointed...

You should be too, if one running for the highest office in the land committed felonies and didn't get punished for them.

You should be too, if one running for the highest office in the land committed felonies and didn't get punished for them.

Digenova makes a living feeding your delusions:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/analysis-hillary-clinton-commit-crime-based-today/story?id=36626499

Lol, I'm just gonna copy and paste this for the next 4 years on this forum.

I voted for Kasich and he was my top choice. The Republicans knew Hillary was next in line. They had 8 years to plan, primp, promote, and give America a viable candidate and they failed and gave us GOP Apprentice.

A former intelligence analyst who worked at both the CIA and the State Department explains how different approaches to classifying information sits at the heart of the scandal that threatens to undo Hillary Clinton.

http://warontherocks.com/2016/03/were-hillary-clintons-emails-classified-where-you-stand-depends-on-where-you-sit/

ALL that matters now is what the FBI decides. Even if the DOJ doesn't pursue indicting her, the FBI's findings will be known.

Another definition of what " IS " is. :laugh:

She deleted , that we're told , some 30,000+ e-mails. Right ? That right there is proof that she broke the law. Had she only used a Gov server to conduct govt business, she'd not have to had deleted ANY.

She's guilty as hell.

They found TS, SAP, Secret, and Confidential classified information in her emails. Pretty much sums it up. Also, as sec of state she should have known what type of information is classified and what is not and at least question it. Since she didn't question it and kept up the practice even to go so far as to send an email to a subordinate instructing him how to get classified information onto an unclass server so he could email her the document when her secret fax wasn't working properly is evidence enough that she knew what was going on. So she is either incompetent or complicit in breaking the law.

They also found FGI in her emails which is automatically classified. Thus those are from cables. She had DoD classified information in her emails which State cannot nor she could have downgraded to unclass. So if you believe that she is not guilty then either you are not looking at it clearly or you are so biased you cannot see what was going on.

A person or persons also removed classification markings from the classified information being sent through her private e-mail system. Who did that and who told them to do that?

I think this is the start of Hillary's problems with e-mail. I don't think she was hiding her e-mail from Congress. She got used to the convenience of using a Blackberry smartphone to read her email anywhere at anytime while campaigning in 2008. When she went to State, they declined to allow her the use an official Blackberry in her office for security reasons. So she bypassed the government systems and had her own email systems with Blackberrys for wireless email setup for herself and her immediate staff. Basically she did not listen to the government security people who warned her. She made it worse by routing the email with classified information through an unauthorized private email server.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/APFN_US_CLINTON_EMAILS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Newly released emails show a 2009 request to issue a secure government smartphone to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was denied by the National Security Agency.

The messages made public Wednesday were obtained by Judicial Watch, a conservative legal advocacy group that has filed numerous lawsuits seeking the release of federal documents related to Clinton's tenure as the nation's top diplomat.

The Democratic presidential front-runner has come under scrutiny for her decision to use an email server located in the basement of her New York home to route messages, including some containing sensitive information.

Clinton's desire for a secure "Blackberry-like" device, like that provided to the president, is recounted in an exchange between a technology manager at State and an NSA official. The specific reasons she was rebuffed remain secret.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/weekly-updates/shut-up-and-color/

National Security Agency Rebuffed Clinton Request for Blackberry

Apparently, there is at least one government agency that understands Hillary Clinton is not above the law and must follow the rules like the rest of us. Your JW has just obtained State Department documents revealing that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton repeatedly sought to obtain “Blackberry-like communications,” but was rebuffed by the National Security Agency due to security and cost concerns. The National Security Agency’s Information Assurance Directorate response was “shut up and color.” The emails show that Clinton demanded Blackberry devices that could be used by her and her staff in her office’s Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF).

The documents were obtained in response to a court order in an April 28, 2015, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit, filed after the Department of State failed to comply with a March 10, 2015, FOIA request seeking following:

Any and all records of requests by former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton or her staff to the State Department Office Security Technology seeking approval for the use of an iPad or iPhone for official government business; and

Any and all communications within or between the Office of the Secretary of State, the Executive Secretariat, and the Office of the Secretary and the Office of Security Technology concerning, regarding, or related to the use of unauthorized electronic devices for official government business.

In an email dated February 13, 2009, Senior Coordinator for Security Infrastructure, Bureau of Diplomatic Security Donald R. Reid reveals that the request to obtain secure Blackberry technology for Clinton was denied. When Clinton aides sought to compel the NSA’s cooperation by asking about the security arrangements for President Obama’s Blackberry, the exchange apparently became heated. According to Reid:

[W]e began examining options for S [secretary Clinton] with respect to secure “Blackberry-like” communications …
the current state of the art is not too user friendly, has no infrastructure at State and is very expensive
…each time we asked the question “What was the solution for POTUS?” we were politely told to shut up and color … NSA opened the door for us to establish requirements and they would try to help…

While our noses are out of joint for how this was handled, the issue will be what kind of support will NSA be offering to meet S demands (basically, wireless comm in Mahogany Row) …

In a subsequent email from Reid dated February 18, 2009, Clinton’s penchant for Blackberry technology is described as an issue of “personal comfort” growing out of her becoming “hooked” on her Blackberry during the 2008 presidential campaign:

Here’s the results of our meeting yesterday… as I had been speculating, the issue here is one of personal comfort …
S [secretary Clinton] does not use a personal computer so our view of someone wedded to their email (why doesn’t she use her desktop when in SCIF?) doesn’t fit this scenario … during the campaign she was urged to keep in contact with thousands via a BB … once she got the hang of it she was hooked … now everyday [sic], she feels hamstrung because she has to lock her BB up … she does go out several times a day to an office they have crafted for her outside the SCIF and plays email catch up … Cheryl Mills and others who are dedicated BB addicts are frustrated because they too are not near their desktop very often during the working day…

The February 17, 2009 meeting details showed that Hillary Clinton was personally pushing for a special Blackberry device:

Meeting: Ms. Mills described the requirement as chiefly driven by Secretary Clinton, who does not use standard computer equipment but relies exclusively on her Blackberry for e-mailing and remaining in contact on her schedule, etc. Ideally, all members of her suite would be allowed to use Blackberries for communication in the SCIF; [Redacted] was not the primary driver, but if possible would be a plus.

Apparently, Blackberry security waivers were issued during the tenure of former Secretary of State of State Condoleezza Rice, according to an email from an unidentified, redacted source dated February 17, 2009. But because the high volume of these waivers became an issue, they were phased out over time. Theunnamed source wrote:

Ms. Mills has witnessed the use of Blackberries in other sensitive (but perhaps not SCI fed spaces); she asked some excellent questions about what might be possible and prudent. She also asked about precedent; former Secretary Rice had received waivers for her staff; however, use expanded to an unmanageable number of users from a security perspective, so those waivers were phased out and Blackberry use was not allowed in her suite …

Yesterday, Judicial Watch filed a plan in federal court for “narrowly tailored discovery” into Clinton’s email. Reid is among the proposed witnesses.

These documents show that Hillary Clinton knew her Blackberry wasn’t secure. So then, we have to ask, why did she use it to access classified information on her illicit email server? The FBI and prosecutors ought to be very interested in these new materials.

These new revelations received much deserved attention – and tell you why Hillary Clinton is obsessed with attacking us as “right wing.” The Associated Pressaccount of our find was devastating, with simple factual reporting:

Newly released emails show a 2009 request to issue a secure government smartphone to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was denied by the National Security Agency.

A month later, she began using private email accounts accessed through her BlackBerry to exchange messages with her top aides.

By the way, she used these “private” accounts despite additional warnings on security! Recall, we reported a few months ago, that in March 2009, Clinton was personally warned on the issue. It is worth quoting our prior report to you at length:

Judicial Watch released new
documents
obtained
as the result of a federal
court order
, containing more than
50 State Department internal emails from 2009 and 2011 warning of serious security concerns involving the use of “highly vulnerable” Blackberries by then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and her staff in the executive offices of the Foggy Bottom headquarters.

Keep in mind what this means for our nation’s security. An un-secured Blackberry or other Internet device (iPhone, iPad, etc.) are vulnerable to all sorts of hacking that could create opportunities for hostile foreign powers and non-state actors.

The new State records included
a March 2, 2009, internal memorandum
from Assistant Secretary for Diplomatic Security Eric Boswell entitled “Use of Blackberries on Mahogany Row,” in which he strongly advised that the devices not be allowed. According to the Boswell memo, sent to then-Secretary of State Clinton and her Chief of Staff Cheryl Mills, “the vulnerabilities and risks associated with the use of Blackberries in Mahogany Row [seventh floor executive offices] considerably outweigh their convenience.” Clinton has admitted she
used a Blackberry
during her early days in office despite Boswell’s memo with explicit written objections.

When Boswell’s
internal memo
was issued on March 2, 2009, it strongly warned of the security risks involved in the use of Blackberries by Clinton and her staff:

INFORMATION MEMO FOR CHERYL D. MILLS – S

SUBJECT: Use of Blackberries in Mahogany Row

Our review reaffirms our belief that the vulnerabilities and risks associated with the use of Blackberries in the Mahogany Row [REDACTED] considerably outweigh the convenience their use can add to staff that have access to the classified OpenNet system on their desktops. [RECACTED] We also worry about the example that using Blackberries in Mahogany Row might set as we strive to promote crucial security practices and enforce important security standards among State Department staff.

I cannot stress too strongly, however, that any unclassified Blackberry is highly vulnerable in any setting to remotely and covertly monitoring conversations, retrieving e-mails, and exploiting calendars.

Leaving no doubt that Clinton was fully aware of the deep security concerns surrounding the Blackberry security issue early on,
a March 11, 2009, email
reads, “
After this mornings ‘management meeting’ with the A/Secys, Secretary Clinton approached Ambassador Boswell [united States Assistant Secretary of State for Diplomatic Security] and mentioned that she had read the IM and that she ‘gets it.’ Her attention was drawn to the sentence that indicates we (DS) have intelligence concerning the vulnerability during her recent trip to Asia.
” [Emphasis in original]

Is there more to come? Yes. More documents on this issue came in today, and we will report and share the details with you next week. In the meantime, consider this report from John Schindler, “a security expert and former National Security Agency analyst and counterintelligence officer,” who writes at The Observer:

The State Department has not released the full document trail here, so the complete story remains unknown to the public. However, one senior NSA official, now retired, recalled the kerfuffle with Team Clinton in early 2009 about Blackberrys. “It was the usual Clinton prima donna stuff,” he explained, “the whole ‘rules are for other people’ act that I remembered from the ’90s.” Why Ms. Clinton would not simply check her personal email on an office computer, like every other government employee less senior than the president, seems a germane question, given what a major scandal email-gate turned out to be. “What did she not want put on a government system, where security people might see it?” the former NSA official asked, adding, “I wonder now, and I sure wish I’d asked about it back in 2009.”

Schindler also confirms that Sidney Blumenthal, a Clinton confidante at the Clinton Foundation, sent her classified information on Sudan:

Specifically, this information was illegally lifted from four different NSA reports, all of them classified “Top Secret / Special Intelligence.” Worse, at least one of those reports was issued under the GAMMA compartment, which is an NSA
handling caveat
that is applied to extraordinarily sensitive information (for instance, decrypted conversations between top foreign leadership, as this was). GAMMA is properly viewed as a SIGINT Special Access Program, or SAP, several of which from the CIA Ms. Clinton compromised in
another series
of her “unclassified” emails.

Currently serving NSA officials have told me they have no doubt that Mr. Blumenthal’s information came from their reports. “It’s word-for-word, verbatim copying,” one of them explained. “In one case, an entire paragraph was lifted from an NSA report” that was classified Top Secret / Special Intelligence.

I know there’s a lot of troubling material here to process – as the implication of it all suggests Hillary Clinton should face prosecution.

A former intelligence analyst who worked at both the CIA and the State Department explains how different approaches to classifying information sits at the heart of the scandal that threatens to undo Hillary Clinton.

http://warontherocks...-where-you-sit/

I'll put it this way. At one time I worked in an environment where I had access to classified information. If anyone in my department had set up a personal email server in their home that would have received or could have received classified emails, we would have been fired and lost our clearances. Plain and simple. So to me, it's more than monumentally stupid of Hillary to do this. She had to know that there was at least this potential. If she didn't, I don't want that sort of ignorance in the office of the presidency. If she did and just didn't care, that's an entirely different problem that's even worse.

I'll put it this way. At one time I worked in an environment where I had access to classified information. If anyone in my department had set up a personal email server in their home that would have received or could have received classified emails, we would have been fired and lost our clearances. Plain and simple. So to me, it's more than monumentally stupid of Hillary to do this. She had to know that there was at least this potential. If she didn't, I don't want that sort of ignorance in the office of the presidency. If she did and just didn't care, that's an entirely different problem that's even worse.

II think she knowingly did it believing that she was untouchable.

Don't know if you read the article, but this was addressed in the second paragraph:

Let’s start off by stipulating that having an email server in your home for the purposes of doing your job is a monumentally bad idea if you are a government official, even if you never put a single classified fact on it. Any intelligence service would love to have access to the private emails of the foreign minister of a target country. When intelligence analysts are trying to assess something like a country’s foreign policy, any insights they can get into the personality, state of mind, priorities, or thoughts of a senior policymaker are helpful: precisely the sort of thing that personal emails can provide.

Don't know if you read the article, but this was addressed in the second paragraph:

Let’s start off by stipulating that having an email server in your home for the purposes of doing your job is a monumentally bad idea if you are a government official, even if you never put a single classified fact on it. Any intelligence service would love to have access to the private emails of the foreign minister of a target country. When intelligence analysts are trying to assess something like a country’s foreign policy, any insights they can get into the personality, state of mind, priorities, or thoughts of a senior policymaker are helpful: precisely the sort of thing that personal emails can provide.

I did read that and agreed with it.

So that troubles me in a couple of possible ways:

1. She (and the people who surround her) were dumb enough to think this was ok given the amount of sensitive and classified info she gets via email. They literally didn't see any security risk.

2. She understood the security risks but didn't give a s***. She knew the risks but didn't really care if some of this info got into the wrong hands or she wanted certain things to run through a server under her control so that she could delete things to avoid FOIA requests. These possibilities are more sinister and far worse than #1.

Either way, it's something that should give anyone casting a vote for her serious pause.

The Federal Records Act requires agencies hold onto official communications, including all work-related emails, and government employees cannot destroy or remove relevant records.

FOIA is designed to "improve public access to agency records and information."

The NARA regulations dictate how records should be created and maintained. They stress that materials must be maintained "by the agency," that they should be "readily found" and that the records must "make possible a proper scrutiny by the Congress."

Section 1924 of Title 18 has to do with deletion and retention of classified documents. "Knowingly" removing or housing classified information at an "unauthorized location" is subject to a fine or a year in prison.

Take your pick from the above. While she/state violated the first two. She violated the third. She is not the sole determiner of what and what isn't classified. She had the ability to classify certain things in her purview but she couldn't declassify stuff coming from the DoD.

We also don't know what she deleted so there could have been more critical things that were deleted that might point directly to illegal activities. State should have decided what was personal and what was gov vice her and her aides.

Clinton is either ignorant or arrogant or both. She is technically ignorant as many people in higher management are. She is arrogant as she refused to accept the recommendations of the people around her who understand the rules and the technology. (Reminds me of Marketing types).

She had always got away with breaking the law and unethical behavior in the past because she was the wife of the Arkansas Attorney General and Governor and a US President.

I also think she has been given a lot of protected status because she could have brought down the Democrat party in 1998 by walking out of the White House and publicly dumping her husband. They owed her.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=36626499

I voted for Kasich and he was my top choice. The Republicans knew Hillary was next in line. They had 8 years to plan, primp, promote, and give America a viable candidate and they failed and gave us GOP Apprentice.

The RNC and it's big money donors and political insiders gave us Bush III as a choice. They thought they could buy their way into the white house with him. They couldn't even win primaries or debates with him much less the white house. First it was Bush failing, then Rubio failing, and now Kasich who can only play spoiler for the RNC. That said, if the RNC and their elected candidates had done or tried to do what they promised for the last 6 years, Bush might have been accepted by the voters. The RNC has lost its voter base, that's what led to Trump and Cruz.

If a football team quits winning and year after year new coaches come and promise to win, but don't, the fans quit buy buying tickets and eventually the management of the team gets fired. The RNC is in the process of being fired by the GOP base. Perhaps the GOP will do like a loser NFL team does, move and rename itself.

But past SOS's also had private email servers.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/03/07/state-dept-concludes-past-secretaries-of-state/209044

And from what I understand all documents makes as classified don't necessarily contain information that could pose a security risk.

That said, I'm not saying she's innocent.

The RNC and it's big money donors and political insiders gave us Bush III as a choice. They thought they could buy their way into the white house with him. They couldn't even win primaries or debates with him much less the white house. First it was Bush failing, then Rubio failing, and now Kasich who can only play spoiler for the RNC. That said, if the RNC and their elected candidates had done or tried to do what they promised for the last 6 years, Bush might have been accepted by the voters. The RNC has lost its voter base, that's what led to Trump and Cruz.

If a football team quits winning and year after year new coaches come and promise to win, but don't, the fans quit buy buying tickets and eventually the management of the team gets fired. The RNC is in the process of being fired by the GOP base. Perhaps the GOP will do like a loser NFL team does, move and rename itself.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical"

thomas jefferson

Having Mrs Bill Clinton plea bargain for a federal misdemeanor with a large fine and probation would be interesting..........

Obama could then pardon both Mrs Clinton and Gen Petraeus at the same time

Is information always classified in real time at this level? Is she using the technicality of the law? Is it blatant?

I have the feeling that we are going to hear those famous words, "ethical boundaries have been violated but,,,,,,the letter of the law has not been", IF it even goes that far.

But past SOS's also had private email servers.

http://mediamatters....of-state/209044

And from what I understand all documents makes as classified don't necessarily contain information that could pose a security risk.

That said, I'm not saying she's innocent.

Some past SoS's only used personal e-mail accounts to conduct some official functions. They did not set up private e-mail servers and systems at private organizations owned by their families as Clinton did. They also apparently did not use those accounts to discuss classified information. The past SoS also did not handout e-mail accounts from their own private e-mail servers to their personal staffs like Clinton did.

Clinton and her personal staff also linked their non government Blackberry devices to obtain wireless email from the Clinton e-mail server. Since the Blackberry devices were not administered by the government it is unknown if they were properly secured mobile devices. A mobile device is easily lost or stolen making security of the mobile device and its email content even more important.

Some of the information sent in e-mails was classified as it was sent, but not marked. It is the responsibility of the sender to ensure that classified information is not sent over unsecured channels. (messenger, paper, electronic, etc. ) Just as you are not suppose to discuss classified information in front of a unknown or uncleared person. The Clinton e-mail system in use was not cleared for the handling of classified information.

One of the purposes of having a government controlled email system is to secure the email. If information that is classified is accidentally or on purpose put into that system, then at least the government has some control and can track where and when it went out. With the the use of a private email system, that control is lost.

Archived