Hillary Emails/Private Server (THREADS MERGED)

TheBlueVue

http://www.dailymail...on-started.html

So in the link above is what looks to be a copy of a Memo and not an email. If this was in her emails then she is guilty of putting classified information on her server and should be prosecuted. This wasn't an email from Collin Powell it was a memorandum. There is nothing in that memo that says that there is treason being committed by Bush as it clearly states that Blair thinks that the threat in Iraq is real. Clearly someone trying to distort the facts. Again the only way this was on her server if someone took it out of a folder or a secure server scanned it and put in on her server. So again, if this was on her server then she is clearly guilty as this is clearly marked.

From your article..

Bush took the highly unusual step of inviting Blair to sit in on his daily CIA briefing, and drove the Prime Minister around in a pick-up truck.

CIA briefings are NOFORN...

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So in the link above is what looks to be a copy of a Memo and not an email. If this was in her emails then she is guilty of putting classified information on her server and should be prosecuted. This wasn't an email from Collin Powell it was a memorandum. There is nothing in that memo that says that there is treason being committed by Bush as it clearly states that Blair thinks that the threat in Iraq is real. Clearly someone trying to distort the facts. Again the only way this was on her server if someone took it out of a folder or a secure server scanned it and put in on her server. So again, if this was on her server then she is clearly guilty as this is clearly marked.

Guess you missed the DECL marking?

No I didn't but you did...It wasn't supposed to be declassified until 2022 in its original form. The state dept declassified it after taking out the other info...Hey I thought you were a pro at this classified stuff...Maybe you need to go back through some training....either way if it was on her server it was classified...as the state dept didn't make it unclass until 2014...

No I didn't but you did...It wasn't supposed to be declassified until 2022 in its original form. The state dept declassified it after taking out the other info...Hey I thought you were a pro at this classified stuff...Maybe you need to go back through some training....either way if it was on her server it was classified...as the state dept didn't make it unclass until 2014...

Going to get all salty huh?

Powell classified it in 2002. DECL was 2012. Those other markings are from State review before release.

From your article..

Bush took the highly unusual step of inviting Blair to sit in on his daily CIA briefing, and drove the Prime Minister around in a pick-up truck.

CIA briefings are NOFORN...

Not necessarily...they can be downgraded for cases...Nice try though...sorry I don't have a piffy picture that you like to put in these threads...

but in honor of your pictures...here you go

coversheet_futile.jpg

Powell classified it in 2002. DECL was 2012. Those other markings are from State review before release.

Read on the right side where it says to declassify on 2022. I know you are just trying to argue a point even though as you state that you know about classification that you are grasping at straws. This if GFI and as such falls into the standards. If it was on her server, it should have never been there and if you believe that it was declassified in 2012 you really need to go through refresher on classification rules. I am through pointing out the obvious to someone who has stated on other threads that they know about classification, etc because you hold a clearance.

Now you're making assumptions. I never said Hillary was innocent. But fact of the matter is, it does look very much like she will "skate 100% free and clear." As for Bush and Cheney, they got away with their crimes too.

And FTR, I don't smoke. But there are some days when there isn't a big enough pipe in the world.

You never SAID she was innocent, but you do buy she'll skate. What's that tell you ?

And as for Bush/ Cheney...they've committed no crimes, so you can deep six your Leftest fantasies.

Ok real slow.

Powell writes memo. Classifies it Secret/NOFORN with DECL 2012.

Clinton possibly places it on her server after declassification occurs.

State reviews Clinton server and classifies the memo confidential. DECL 2022

Under court order to release emails , State redacts confidential parts and reclassifies it UNCLAS.

You get to see it.

Read on the right side where it says to declassify on 2022. I know you are just trying to argue a point even though as you state that you know about classification that you are grasping at straws. This if GFI and as such falls into the standards. If it was on her server, it should have never been there and if you believe that it was declassified in 2012 you really need to go through refresher on classification rules. I am through pointing out the obvious to someone who has stated on other threads that they know about classification, etc because you hold a clearance.

Oh and Mr. Salty, Powell classified the memo under E.O. 12958. That E.O. is revoked.

Ok real slow.

Powell writes memo. Classifies it Secret/NOFORN with DECL 2012.

Clinton possibly places it on her server after declassification occurs.

State reviews Clinton server and classifies the memo confidential. DECL 2022

Under court order to release emails , State redacts confidential parts and reclassifies it UNCLAS.

You get to see it.

Powell wasn't the originator of the Confidential material and therefore couldn't have shortened the declass date. Normally 25 years. The confidential part was attached to his memo to Bush. The confidential memo was classified by Glyn Davies. Funny that she would have put it on her server post 4/1/2012 if we go with your theory and she was out of office the following January...and this was about Iraq...and notice that the State Dept reclassified it in 2013 to extend to 2022. You well know that you have to go back to the originator for changes on the classification. Even if Davies worked for Powell at the time it would have to have been done or Powell wasn't following the rules. All I am saying this should have never been on her server period which wasn't under the control of the Gov. But it would have been interesting if this was on her server to see it in context of the email chain so that we can see when it was sent to her since we can't see that call me skeptical that this wasn't a ploy to deflect attention off of her and try the old game...."See they did it too! So why blame me!" game...

Oh and Mr. Salty, Powell classified the memo under E.O. 12958. That E.O. is revoked.

and when was it revoked?

• 3 weeks later...

This apparently came about late today. Bryan Pagliano was the staffer personally paid by Mrs Bill Clinton to setup the private Clinton email server.

Interesting that Mrs. Clinton and Gen. Prateus are using the same attorney (David Kendall) and this attorney also represented Bill Clinton

https://www.washingt....html?tid=sm_tw

The Justice Department has granted immunity to the former State Department staffer who worked on Hillary Clinton’s private email server as part of a criminal investigation into the possible mishandling of classified information, according to a senior law enforcement official.

The official said the FBI had secured the cooperation of Bryan Pagliano, who worked on Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign before setting up the server in her New York home in 2009.

As the FBI looks to wrap up its investigation in the coming months, agents will likely want to interview Clinton and her senior aides about the decision to use a private server, how it was set up, and whether any of the participants knew they were sending classified information in emails, current and former officials said.

The inquiry comes against a sensitive political backdrop in which Clinton is the favorite to secure the Democratic nomination for the presidency.

So far, there is no indication that prosecutors have convened a grand jury in the email investigation to subpoena testimony or documents, which would require the participation of a U.S. attorney’s office.

Spokesmen at the FBI and Justice Department would not discuss the investigation. Pagliano’s lawyer also declined to comment.

In a statement, Brian Fallon, a spokesman for the Clinton campaign, said: “As we have said since last summer, Secretary Clinton has been cooperating with the Department of Justice’s security inquiry, including offering in August to meet with them to assist their efforts if needed.”

He also said that the campaign is “pleased” that Pagliano, who invoked his Fifth Amendment rights before Congress, is now cooperating with prosecutors. The campaign had encouraged Pagliano to testify before Congress.

As part of the inquiry, law enforcement officials will look at the potential damage had the classified information in the emails been exposed. The Clinton campaign has described the probe as a security review. But current and former officials in the FBI and at the Justice Department have said investigators are trying to determine whether a crime was committed.

“There was wrongdoing,” said a former senior law enforcement official. “But was it criminal wrongdoing?”

Clinton has since apologized for what had happened: “Yes, I should have used two email addresses, one for personal matters and one for my work at the State Department. Not doing so was a mistake. I’m sorry about it, and I take full responsibility.”

Any decision to charge someone would involve Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch, who told Congress when asked earlier this month about the email inquiry: “That matter is being handled by career independent law enforcement agents, FBI agents, as well as the career independent attorneys in the Department of Justice. They follow the evidence, they look at the law and they’ll make a recommendation to me when the time is appropriate.

“We will review all the facts and all the evidence and come to an independent conclusion as how to best handle it,” she added.

Current and former officials said the conviction of retired four-star general and CIA director David H. Petraeus for mishandling classified information is casting a shadow over the email investigation.

The officials said they think that Petraeus’s actions were more egregious than those of Clinton and her aides since he lied to the FBI, and classified information he shared with his biographer contained top secret code words, identities of covert officers, war strategy and intelligence capabilities. Prosecutors initially threatened to charge him with three felonies, including conspiracy, violating the Espionage Act and lying to the FBI. But after negotiations, Petraeus pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of mishandling classified information.

He was fined $100,000 and sentenced to two years of probation. FBI officials were angered by the deal and predicted it would affect the outcome of other cases involving classified information.

Petraeus “was handled so lightly for his offense there isn’t a whole lot you can do,” said a former U.S. law enforcement official who oversaw counterintelligence investigations and described the email controversy as “a lesser set of circumstances.”

The State Department has been analyzing the contents of Clinton’s correspondence, as it has prepared 52,000 pages of Clinton’s emails for public release in batches, a process that began in May and concluded Monday. The State Department has said 2,093 of Clinton’s released emails were redacted in all or part because they contained classified material, the vast majority of them rated “confidential,” the lowest level of sensitivity in the classification system.

Clinton and the State Department have said that none of the material was marked classified at the time it was sent. However, it is the responsibility of individual government officials to properly handle sensitive material.

The email investigation is being conducted by FBI counterintelligence agents and supervised by the Justice Department’s National Security Division.

In a letter filed earlier this month in federal court as part of ongoing civil litigation over Clinton’s emails, the FBI confirmed that it was “working on matters related to former Secretary Clinton’s use of a private email server.” The agency declined to publicly detail the investigation’s “specific focus, scope or potential targets.”

On Tuesday, FBI Director James B. Comey said he was “very close” to the investigation.

Former federal prosecutor Glen Kopp said it is not surprising that agents want to interview Clinton and her aides.

“They are within the zone of interest of the investigation,” he said.

A request to interview her would have to be reviewed by top level officials at both the FBI and the Justice Department, a former official said.

As part of those interviews, the FBI would also seek to establish that Clinton and her aides understood the policies and protocols for handling classified information, former officials said.

Clinton’s lawyer, David Kendall, declined to comment. Kendall, who also has represented President Bill Clinton and Petraeus, has navigated similar issues in other cases. During the investigation of President Clinton by independent counsel Ken Starr, for instance, Kendall rebuffed several requests for interviews.

The president was then subpoenaed to appear before a grand jury. In a deal brokered by Kendall, the subpoena was withdrawn and Clinton testified voluntarily in 1998.

Former prosecutors said investigators were probably feeling the pressure of time because of the election. Take action before the election, they said, and you risk being perceived as trying to influence the result. Take action after and face criticism for not letting voters know there was an issue with their preferred candidate.

“The timing is terrible whether you do it before or after,” Kopp said.

The issue of Clinton’s use of a private email server was referred to the FBI in July after the Inspector General for the Intelligence Community officials determined that some of the emails that traversed Clinton’s server contained classified material.

Emails that contain material now deemed classified were authored by Clinton but also by many of her top aides, including Jacob Sullivan, who was her director of policy planning and her deputy chief of staff. He is now advising Clinton’s campaign on foreign policy and is thought to be a likely candidate for national security adviser if she is elected.

The State Department has said that, at the request of intelligence agencies, it has classified 22 Clinton emails as “top secret” and will not release those emails, even in redacted form. “Top secret” is the highest level of classification, reserved for material whose release could cause “exceptionally grave damage to the national security.”

I. Charles McCullough III, the inspector general of the intelligence community, has indicated that some of the material intelligence officials have reviewed contained information that was classified at the time it was sent; the State Department has indicated it has not analyzed whether the material should have been marked classified when it was sent, only whether it requires classification before being released now.

Man I hope to see Hillary in an orange pants suit.

Not going to happen in this administration. Everyone knows she broke the law and shouldn't be able to hold a security clearance at the very least. Over 2000 emails contained classified material. She emailed instructions on how to take off classification headers and send the email unclass. She knew what she was doing and we still don't know how much co-mingling of emails with the clinton foundation that was on this server since she erased a lot of emails. Not all were recovered.

Predicted comments to come from the partisan peanut gallery -

Blah blah blah FOX News...

Blah blah blah Rush Limbaugh is fat ...

Blah blah Bush / Cheney / Halliburton.

So, why would anyone need immunity if Hillary was 100% above board, transparent and did everything completely and totally legal ?

So, why would anyone need immunity if Hillary was 100% above board, transparent and did everything completely and totally legal ?

And the liberal Washington Post of Watergate fame is reporting on this extensively............

Any reasonable attorney would insist on immunity given the political agendas at play-- look at you guys, aka, "the base" chomping at the bit for a certain outcome before the investigation is over and convinced that anything short of a felony conviction would be a travesty of justice.

TexasTiger - she's lied. That's not even up for debate. And look at you, the dutiful base, chomping at the bit to exonerate her from any and all wrong doing, despite what is already known. You're convinced that even though she'd done far worse than General Petraeus, she's Hillary! , and is as pure as the wind driven snow.

TexasTiger - she's lied. That's not even up for debate. And look at you, the dutiful base, chomping at the bit to exonerate her from any and all wrong doing, despite what is already known. You're convinced that even though she'd done far worse than General Petraeus, she's Hillary! , and is as pure as the wind driven snow.

No objective knowledgeable person believes her actions are even marginally worse than Petraeus. Just crazy haters like you that don't need no stinkin' facts.

No objective knowledgeable person believes her actions are even marginally worse than Petraeus. Just crazy haters like you that don't need no stinkin' facts.

Actually Petraeus only had a notebook that was contained, H's server may have been breached and contained over 2000 emails that contained classified info (and those are the ones that she didn't destroy). They were on a private server that also was accessed by some of her staffers one of which worked for both her foundation and the state department at the time. Also, we don't know if she passed along any of those classified emails to people not in government but part of her foundation (we don't know what she deleted). She knowingly had classified material on her server (not up for debate as it was proven). Also she laid out how to put classified info on unclass system to one of her staffers (this knowingly is wrong and she knew it and the staffer knew it). All of this combined is far worse than what Petraeus did period as far as handling of classified material. Also, she gave a copy of all of these classified emails to a lawyer who didn't have proper clearance nor a secure approved government container to store it in.

Any reasonable attorney would insist on immunity given the political agendas at play-- look at you guys, aka, "the base" chomping at the bit for a certain outcome before the investigation is over and convinced that anything short of a felony conviction would be a travesty of justice.

the Justice Department doesn't go around granting immunity to people unless the person getting the immunity may be able to shed light on an important part of the investigation. If Pagliano a) knew nothing or did nothing wrong, why would he need immunity to talk to the FBI? He's already taken the 5th, he knows about this mess and he's afraid. He should be very afraid and all of Mrs Bill Clinton's minions should be afraid as they at a minimum could be charged.

the Justice Department doesn't go around granting immunity to people unless the person getting the immunity may be able to shed light on an important part of the investigation. If Pagliano a) knew nothing or did nothing wrong, why would he need immunity to talk to the FBI? He's already taken the 5th, he knows about this mess and he's afraid. He should be very afraid and all of Mrs Bill Clinton's minions should be afraid as they at a minimum could be charged.

People often plead the 5th to avoid incriminating themselves. I would be interested in knowing what possible laws Pagliano violated.

Seriously?

:roflol: !!!!!

:roflol:/> !!!!!

I know you don't actually read articles, and you clearly didn't read this one.

:roflol:/> !!!!!

I know you don't actually read articles, and you clearly didn't read this one.

No need to. Hillary is guilty as hell, and everyone knows it.

There's no version of this where a guy who pleaded the 5th and then cuts an immunity deal doesn't turn out horribly for Hillary.

Archived