since the AP is pulling out of the bcs

AUHansel

I was thinking that if we win, a lot of the AP voters may put us number 1 just to say "screw the bcs" one more time. I know pulling out of the bcs does that too, but they obviously don't like the bcs that much. I was also thinking that it may be a good sign that Tuberville got coach of the year from the AP. he got 35 of the 63 votes. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I hope it happens. anyways, we just need to take care of things in New Orleans and either way, it was an amazing season to say the least. WAR EAGLE!

I view the COTY award as a cosolation prize for CTT. I'm very glad he got it ,but, it still doesn't make up for no shot at a NC.

You may be right true blue. However, if they have a nailbiter with ou and win and IF we beat va tech(who almost beat usc) convincingly, I think it is possible too. All it would take is a couple of the right people putting out the word that we deserve a split and it could happen. It is unlikely, but not impossible.

Also, some who have been voting to help their favorite team reach the bcs might not vote with their minds and not their hearts and that could help us out IF we take care of business.

Why would they even consider that, neither oklahoma nor usc have lost. After all isn't that the main criteria for voting? A vote for AUBURN would somehow invalidate their previous votes. You see it is all about their ego's, not the teams on the field.

Guys, We just need to take care of the Hokies first. Just like the regular season, get the job done on the field and let the chips fall where they may.

WDE!!!!! :au:

Weird thought here but bare with me.

Ok doing some math in the coaches poll, we can easily determine that at least a few SEC coaches are not voting us number one (as we have less number one votes than SEC coaches). IMHO I think that :ut: is one of those schools.

In any event, the SEC shares the bowl money among the schools. I think it is *WRONG* to PAY these schools for not being team players. I say, **** the rest of the SEC (that didn't vote for us) and **** the BCS.

I mean think about how much more money they would have got if we were playing for the NC.

Just my ramblings.

Why would they even consider that, neither oklahoma nor usc have lost.  After all isn't that the main criteria for voting? A vote for AUBURN would somehow invalidate their previous votes.  You see it is all about their ego's, not the teams on the field.

133912[/snapback]

Thats how alot of split polls happened in the past if I'm not mistaken. A teamm that hadn't been #1 all year pulled a poll at the last vote.

Like I said, it is unlikely that this will happen. If it did happen I think it would be more about fairness than invalidation.

Nothing that happens or doesn't happen in the polls can take away from our great season. Nothing wrong with a little speculation though.

First, The ap Voters will not pull out untill the 2005 season so for now they are obligated to vote for either one or two...so Auburn could only finish number 2 if OU loses...But we have to beat VT first for sure...So No split Title this year...I saw where some one started the so called Fan Poll...We could get that one ...But other than that i think our chances are slim and none...and Slim left an hour ago... :)

The only way we get voted #1 is for OU to beat USC, but for it to be controversial, like an obvious pass-interference no call on the final play of the game. (Sorta like the Miami, OSU game a few years back) Of course we would've had to have pounded #9 VaTech. By at least 14 points.

Then, the media darlings would be screwed by the refs.

OU would get screwed by the voters, because the media would want revenge on OU.

AU would reign supreme.

First, The ap Voters will not pull out untill the 2005 season so for now they are obligated to vote for either one or two...so Auburn could only finish number 2 if OU loses...But we have to beat VT first for sure...So No split Title this year...

Just to clear things up...

The AP voters are pulling out of the bcs FORMULA next year. They were never required to vote for anybody in the final poll. The coaches poll is the one that is required to vote the champion of the Orange Bowl number 1.

I think we have a slight chance to get the AP title is because a lot of people forget that we were once tied with Oklahoma in the AP poll. We only have 7 fewer 1st place votes then Oklahoma and are 31 points behind.

We have a shot because a lot of voters have it 1. USC 2. Auburn 3. Oklahoma. If Oklahoma beats USC, then it would be natural for some of them to move Auburn up to number 1 and Oklahoma to number 2.

We just have to win impressively enough to gain those 31 points from people who think Oklahoma is better.

With that being said...I think the Sugar Bowl will be a dogfight but that we will come out on top in the end. But it will not be "impressive" enough for the voters because Va Tech isn't getting the respect they deserve as a very very good team. We will finish 2nd in the AP, and I for one, will be absolutely thrilled that we are 13-0!!

WAR EAGLE!

For the first time today I heard someone say something on talk radio. Brando said he would love to see ou squeak by usc and us handle vt well so there would be a split poll and screw the bcs again.

I don't care what anyone says, regardless of the outcome of the OB we should get a split poll IF we take care of business. That is the way it has happened many times in the past. A team was not #1 all year long and was voted ahead of another undefeated or same record team in one of the polls. I don't see any reason why the AP couldn't do it again this year. I know, it's unlikely. We'll know as soon as the Sugar Bowl is over (IF we take care of vt). If it is possible at all people will be talking us up big time by then.

As well as the 5th time we beat a team that ended up compiling 10 wins in the season.

Polls schmolls if we beat VT no one can deny that we had a better season than anyone with any validity. What does usc have 1 victory over a team currently ranked in the top 25 while struggling heavily with several nobodies. ou's credentials aren't much better. If we win and don't get a split poll it will probably be the biggest screwing by the polls ever, except maybe bammies 3 in a row being denied in the 60's. The polls and ranking systems will lose even more credibility as hard as that is to fathom.

I remember Corso's preseason National Champion was West Virginia.

Heck, their strength of schedule was much worse than ours.

134775[/snapback]

Had it not been for a terrible pass interference call, VT would have probably beat SC to open the season. They have a pretty good team.

The BCS should allow teams with only 2 or less loses in

Pitt shouldn't be in.

Florida State shouldn't have been in with 4 loses a couple of seasons ago.

Cut back on conference tie ins

They should dissolve the bcs this year or go to a 4 or 8 team playoff. If they do that and don't take away the big easts auto bid and replace it with an at large bid they are even dumber than I thought.

Archived