2015 Spring Practice - Day 8 (Scrimmage)

RunInRed

:flag: Defense had the upper hand! That's a start and that's encouraging news this early into spring practice having to install a new scheme.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"They were coming down, hitting hard," Auburn quarterback Jeremy Johnson said. "It was fun watching them."

Seems to me that's a lot easier to say when you're wearing an orange jersey. :abmbu::dunno:

I thought early in Spring, the Defense usually has the upper hand? I am encouraged, but also proceeding with Caution.

That's the normal situation. When it's like the past couple of years at AU and the defense doesn't have the upper hand right now, you know you're in big, big trouble.

I thought early in Spring, the Defense usually has the upper hand? I am encouraged, but also proceeding with Caution.

That's the normal situation. When it's like the past couple of years at AU and the defense doesn't have the upper hand right now, you know you're in big, big trouble.

Exactly. Seems like the defense always had the upper hand in scrimmages under Tubs but since 2008, it's been the other way around. Very encouraging to hear but it needs to continue.

Is hosely injured?

No, he's excelling tremendously at the CB position.

i thought so. Talking tigers with uncle at Easter dinner, he said torn acl. He might have mistaken for Tj.

"They were coming down, hitting hard," Auburn quarterback Jeremy Johnson said. "It was fun watching them."

Seems to me that's a lot easier to say when you're wearing an orange jersey. :abmbu::dunno:

I was thinking the same thing. ;);D

Surprised no one has mentioned how much more jacked Carl Lawson is now than he was his freshman year. Dude is huge! (Standby for fat comments... I kid)

Excellent reading about Moncrief stepping it up. IMO one of the oddest 2014 story lines was his not being a superstar on the field. The man has enormous ability.

fwiw, my favorite part of Malzahn Springs is watching how every year he molds a fearsome, customized O out of ever-changing players at his disposal.

57 yards. Nice, very nice.

Here is the link of the ESPN interview with Jeremy Johnson and Carl Lawson: http://espn.go.com/v...lip?id=12625021

Carl Lawson talks like a man 10 years his elder. His observations on the team leadership during his freshman year was insightful for such a young man. Once his NFL career wraps up he will likely have a career in sports television.

BER, I'm guessing you're strange number sequence....

79...year you were born

82...year your spouse was born

97...year you graduated high school

Did I get it? Just strange to have a 6 number sequence and I just had to take a guess!

Sorry for late response...

Nope, not right... Care to take another stab at it before I tell??

BER, I'm guessing you're strange number sequence....

79...year you were born

82...year your spouse was born

97...year you graduated high school

Did I get it? Just strange to have a 6 number sequence and I just had to take a guess!

Sorry for late response...

Nope, not right... Care to take another stab at it before I tell??

79 to 82 were your 4 years at Auburn. 97 post grad degree. Did I win?

If a picture is worth a thousand words, this is an essay on our defensive coaching changes:

CBw8F9qWgAAVJOQ.jpg

His Coach Hothead persona works well for a DC. Head coach, not so much.

Archived