Softball vs. uat game 3

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a game that was.... Auburn never led in the game until Howard scored in the bottom of the 8th to win it. WOW...Auburn never quits.

Tough series for the Lady Tigers but what a great way to finish it. Two 5 run comebacks and a 2 run comeback in one game against a Top 10 team. Good job Ladies!! WAR EAGLE!!!

That comeback should go down as one of the all-time greats for AU....looked like AU was dead and buried at least twice in that game....and fought back against bama aces to win the game. Gotta be a real confidence builder.

That was a stressful game. I will admit that I'm surprised bama's pitching collapsed in the clutch times, but boy am I glad it did. Winning this final game in the series should do nothing but launch us to the next level going forward and into post-season play. It showed they could pull out the close wins against a top team.

I wonder if the cancellation of the midweek game hurt the ladies in this series. I wonder if that midweek game helps keep them fit or just doesn't really matter. I know that uat pitching is good but I thought our ladies could hit them. If we don't pick up our hitting against the tough pitching, we won't go far in the regionals....but Sure am glad the LADIES came back to WIN tonight! Great Job Lady TIgers and Celebrate the win!

Dang I am worn out. I need multiple beers........................j/k thank goodness we won one game and what a frickin game it was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Auburn moved to 41-8 on the season (Auburn won 42 games all season last year). No mid week game this week. Auburn has Arkansas coming in next weekend. For those that haven't kept up with the standings, Arkansas is the only team in the SEC that is below .500. Arkansas is 1-16 in SEC play and 15-29 overall.

Another note: Jenna Abbott's home run was her first of the season but it was also Auburn's 87 homer of the season. That home run ties an all time Auburn record set last season. Auburn has 6 more regular season games: 3 game series with Arkansas at Auburn then a 3 game series AT LSU.

What do the standings look like? Is Auburn still in first? I know UF was only about a game behind in 2nd.

UF and Auburn are tied at the top with 13-4 records. LSU os 12-4 and uat is 12-4.

Awesome finish! We were on the edge of our seats most of the game. At home. I can't imagine the atmosphere AT the game.

As for sending Draper, she's the fastest player on the team. You are tied and trying to end the game. The catcher's return to pitcher was very slow and sloppy all night. She was also crossing in front of the plate (out of position to tag) nearly every time. Not a bad call, just didn't go our way.

Awesome finish! We were on the edge of our seats most of the game. At home. I can't imagine the atmosphere AT the game.

As for sending Draper, she's the fastest player on the team. You are tied and trying to end the game. The catcher's return to pitcher was very slow and sloppy all night. She was also crossing in front of the plate (out of position to tag) nearly every time. Not a bad call, just didn't go our way.

I had no problem with the call. If Draper was one step closer to the plate when she made her break she would have made it. I love the aggressiveness and guts of Coach Myers to make that call. #WDE

First, Congrats to these lady Tigers and their never quit attitude. AUsome battle to come back and win!

Next, on the attempted steal home. 35Rem (above) is right, not a bad call under the situation. Abbott not a bad hitter but odds against scoring the way games have gone this weekend as our bats overall were not their usual potency. Catch them slightly off guard and what a way to win it. Would have been different of the Draper score was to tie vice to win.

Finally, winning this game, avoiding the sweep and getting some hits off their ace pitcher was a huge psyche win for the ladies. Something just did not seem right with the ladies as we started this series. Not sure if the mid-week game being cancelled, all the hype leading up to Top 10 teams and it being Bama or what but the body language just seemed like they were tight but trying to be loose instead of just being themselves. They finally started getting it back in this final game and you could see them back into their normal selves when it was tied 5-5. I think they learned a lot in the series that will go a long way in the playoffs.

Now, lets sweep Arkansas and LSU and on to the NCAAs and Oklahoma City.

What do the standings look like? Is Auburn still in first? I know UF was only about a game behind in 2nd.

UF and Auburn are tied at the top with 13-4 records. LSU os 12-4 and uat is 12-4.

Actually Florida is in first place by themselves. LSU is 2nd and Auburn is 3rd

Florida 13-4 and 43-4

LSU 12-4 and 40-5

Auburn 13-5 and 41-8

uat 12-6 and 35-10

Actually Florida is in first place by themselves. LSU is 2nd and Auburn is 3rd

Florida 13-4 and 43-4

LSU 12-4 and 40-5

Auburn 13-5 and 41-8

uat 12-6 and 35-10

Those are some very good teams...proud of AU to be in that mix.

Bama has been a national power for a long time....easy to figure that the AU girls could have been a bit nervous with all the publicity of the game, the added seating, the sold-out status and a very vocal bama crowd.

I doubt any AU player had ever been in a game with so much riding on it. A good rebound in game 3. Congrats.....that comeback was one of the all time best for an AU team IMO.

This game could propel them forward. Great comeback.

We all hope so, but this weekend was a good example of what happens when a top team with ordinary pitching runs into a top team with top pitching. We have pitchers, yes. What we don't have is a pitcher or combination of pitchers that can hold a team of solid hitters down to three or fewer runs. The teams we'll run into in tournaments will have pitchers that can hold our scoring down. I don't think we can go far in tournament play until we have the same quality of pitching we'll be facing day after day in tournaments.

We all hope so, but this weekend was a good example of what happens when a top team with ordinary pitching runs into a top team with top pitching. We have pitchers, yes. What we don't have is a pitcher or combination of pitchers that can hold a team of solid hitters down to three or fewer runs. The teams we'll run into in tournaments will have pitchers that can hold our scoring down. I don't think we can go far in tournament play until we have the same quality of pitching we'll be facing day after day in tournaments.

only partly agree with this...we have not seen that much really good pitching this year and in fact, there are very few pitchers out there in the class with that Bama freshman(woman) who looked so good. We are still in to top 5 or so RPI so sounds to me that there are not that many teams out there with more capability/potential.

Probably it depends on the match-ups as to how far we might go in the post-season but I still see us in the regionals at the very least....and hosting some games which always helps.

Archived