Freddie Gray possibly had back surgery a week before his death.

cooltigger21

" thug " has been migrated on purpose, by those who object to their actions being called out . They feel they we entitled to " act out " as the world, the USA, etc.., is racist , so they are with in their rights to act like thugs.

They are wrong.

"Thug" has been co-opted by bigots to perpetuate the old black brute stereotype.

You are wrong.

It hasn't.

It has. What is that like when you put your hands over your ears and say "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!"

There has been a nationwide generational shift for this word.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That quote you added was way too long Bens.

I skimmed it though, it is interesting to think about how the evolution of language might change with today's technology.

Yes, but the big issue is that their story isn't holding up to scrutiny. For instance (don't give me crap about the source, deal with the facts it points out):

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/04/30/1381400/-A-complete-takedown-of-the-lies-spread-by-the-Baltimore-Police-Washington-Post-on-Freddie-Gray

The story that he thrashed around and hurt himself doesn't hold water. You don't get to all just clam up and shrug and act like you can't fathom how someone had the injuries he ended up with when he was entirely in your custody the whole time. I think at least some of them are going down.

That quote you added was way too long Bens.

I skimmed it though, it is interesting to think about how the evolution of language might change with today's technology.

Indeed, it is. Understanding a concept can be an arduous process.

Very interesting, indeed.

unless these officers turn on each other, i dont think this will stick. Too much unknown.

There's a lot that we don't know. What's been released to the public and what the prosecutors office knows are generally two entirely different things. Now she may just be reacting and doing this to appease people. She doesn't strike me as someone to do that. I'm guessing she's bringing charges because she believes she has enough evidence to get a conviction.

There was no good version for the cops on this . Criminal neglect to murder, this was all on them.

Not crazy with officials talking about justice for Freddie. it's simply justice, for all. Singling it out for an individual comes off as sounding like revenge more than justice.

" thug " has been migrated on purpose, by those who object to their actions being called out . They feel they we entitled to " act out " as the world, the USA, etc.., is racist , so they are with in their rights to act like thugs.

They are wrong.

"Thug" has been co-opted by bigots to perpetuate the old black brute stereotype.

You are wrong.

It hasn't.

It has. What is that like when you put your hands over your ears and say "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!"

It hasn't. See above.

unless these officers turn on each other, i dont think this will stick. Too much unknown.

You may be right, but it appears to me a clear message has been sent. Over policing will not be tolerated. Try it.......and be prepared for consequences.

This is what happens when the grievance industry and the welfare state intersect. Any issue that is perceived as a social injustice by the ignorant is immediately labelled a function of white privilege and systemic racism. Dishonest politicians and stupid pundits stoke those flames because it builds on the left's power base.They look for every possible word spoken to try to justify the rage. The whole debate about the use of the word 'thug" is silly self serving and boring. A thug is a thug and I'd bet my last dollar that the 154 people who had their car burned or the good folks whose businesses got torched would have no problem whatsoever with that descriptor which so aptly fits. I'll never understand why so much effort is exerted to make excuses for vandalism and crime as long as they are black perps. if the Tea Party had a civil non-violent march they'd be so maligned by the same folks making excuses for these thugs its ridiculous.

One brilliant pundit suggested that Obama used the word thug and then doubled down on it because he was half white. Wait what? :Sing:

yep

They are wrong.

You are wrong.

It hasn't.

It hasn't. See above.

Webcam shot of Raptor:

fingers-in-ears.jpg

Now the question...will the riots stop, or will they resume? The last two major incidents have led to charges against the police. In both cases there's sufficient evidence to show probable cause. Will the people involved in the riots (not the peaceful protest) continue to stoke the fires?

Ok so we can't call them thugs because that's racist. What can we call them? choirboys perhaps. poor misguided unfortunate youths perhaps. The left will always take anything and call it racist to keep you from criticizing criminals, unless they're republicans.

Now the question...will the riots stop, or will they resume? The last two major incidents have led to charges against the police. In both cases there's sufficient evidence to show probable cause. Will the people involved in the riots (not the peaceful protest) continue to stoke the fires?

Of course they will. They have too much invested in stoking the fires and not letting things die down. There's a lot of money to be made from keeping the masses stirred up. The race hustlers stand to do very well out of this.

Ok so we can't call them thugs because that's racist. What can we call them? choirboys perhaps. poor misguided unfortunate youths perhaps. The left will always take anything and call it racist to keep you from criticizing criminals, unless they're republicans.

Some options:

Rioters

Protesters

Looters

Criminals

Demonstrators

Just depends on what the individual is doing.

I have said repeatedly i don't know how he was injured. Certainly don't know what happened in the van. I have a serious problem with charging the arresting officers. Their job is to regulate crime. He is a criminal. He gave cause for suspicion, he attempted to elude. .

Some options:

Rioters

Protesters

Looters

Criminals

Demonstrators

I'll stick with thug. Screw the left and their PC BS

I have said repeatedly i don't know how he was injured. Certainly don't know what happened in the van. I have a serious problem with charging the arresting officers. Their job is to regulate crime. He is a criminal. He gave cause for suspicion, he attempted to elude. .

When someone in your custody ends up in the shape he was, you better believe you're going to get charged with something. And he was arrested for possession of a "switchblade" which turned out to be untrue. Sorry, but that doesn't wash.

Some options:

Rioters

Protesters

Looters

Criminals

Demonstrators

You asked for options, then proceeded to give ludicrous ones. I offered you some reasonable alternatives.

I have said repeatedly i don't know how he was injured. Certainly don't know what happened in the van.

Linky

Sources said the medical examiner found Gray's catastrophic injury was caused when he slammed into the back of the police transport van, apparently breaking his neck; a head injury he sustained matches a bolt in the back of the van.

I have a serious problem with charging the arresting officers.

:-\

Their job is to regulate crime. He is a criminal. He gave cause for suspicion, he attempted to elude. .

He still has rights, alexava, and there is probable cause that they may have killed him unlawfully.

Some options:

Rioters

Protesters

Looters

Criminals

Demonstrators

You asked for options, then proceeded to give ludicrous ones. I offered you some reasonable alternatives.

I was being sarcastic to begin with. Should have used the emoticon. Seriously though I'm sick of being told we can't use this word or that word or say this because it may sound racist or hurt someones feelings. You commit a crime and go out and destroy a city like that I think the word thug is very appropriate.

They are wrong.

You are wrong.

It hasn't.

It hasn't. See above.

Webcam shot of Raptor:

fingers-in-ears.jpg

Heh.

Titan, Ben - has Barry apologized for calling the rioters / looters thugs ?

Likely he will, but I won't.

We could be talking about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and eventually, someone would make a snide reference to Obama. Uncanny.

We could be talking about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and eventually, someone would make a snide reference to Obama. Uncanny.

Did Obama talk about pb&j ? And where did I say anything remotely snide about Obama HERE ??????

Archived