Softball vs. lsu game 2

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walters lines it right to the pitcher for out #3. Auburn leads 1-0 going tot he bottom of the 7th. 3 more outs Auburn.

Rachel Walters in to pitch the 7th for Auburn. Let's close this one out.. no base runners..

AU playing the game under protest due to the inability to substitute in the 6th.

Wow. I wonder if we'll ever hear about the resolution.

Forgive my ignorance but what does it mean to play under protest? If we loose then what? How do you find out about the protest post game? Anyone know what the rules are?

AU playing the game under protest due to the inability to substitute in the 6th.

Wow. I wonder if we'll ever hear about the resolution.

If AU gets these 3 outs without giving up a run, it won't matter.

Two on, no outs for LSU after the walk. Though the batter struck out twice before walking.

Forgive my ignorance but what does it mean to play under protest? If we loose then what? How do you find out about the protest post game? Anyone know what the rules are?

I not 100% sure, but if the protest stands, then the game is replayed from the point of the protest with whatever rule interpretation that was wrong now corrected. If AU wins, the protest is dropped.

The SEC or NCAA office will rule on the protest over night if necessary. I think if they agree with AU, the game will start back where AU filed the protest under the same circumstances but AU will be allowed to make the substitution.

Man, I hate that I dont have the ESPN+ to be able to watch these games. Apparently missing some questionable calls by the umpire.

I not 100% sure, but if the protest stands, then the game is replayed from the point of the protest with whatever rule interpretation that was wrong now corrected. If AU wins, the protest is dropped.

So I wonder what happens to the officials? Would we ever hear about any reprimand?

Thanks for this info. I had no idea it would get dropped with a win.

Agree with the announcers there, LSU batter shouldn't have been first pitch swinging for sure.

So I wonder what happens to the officials? Would we ever hear about any reprimand?

No.

Archived