Softball vs. lsu game 2

From what I can gather it seems like CCM tried to substitute Lexi Davis back in to pitch and was denied. Is that correct, so Rachel Walters stayed in to pitch and then Lexi Davis came in to pitch a batter or two later - is that correct?

If so, seems odd to deny Lexi to re-enter at one point and then allow to re-enter shortly thereafter. I know there are some rules that a pitcher must face a complete batter or at least throw one pitch (may be different between High school and college) but that doesn't seem to apply in this case.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STRIKE OUT...

FINAL. AUBURN WINS 1-0... UNBELIEVABLE GAME... Auburn goes for the sweep tomorrow.

STRIKE OUT...

FINAL. AUBURN WINS 1-0... UNBELIEVABLE GAME... Auburn goes for the sweep tomorrow.

Seriously the most excited I've been for a softball game ever. That was a great, great game.

Florida defeated Missouri today so they remain a half game ahead of Auburn in the standings. Auburn moves to 18-5 in conference play. A Florida loss tomorrow and an Auburn win tomorrow will give Auburn the SEC Championship.

I doubt we would hear anything of a reprimand on and official. He/she may not be used at next game and restricted from SEC tourney and such but doubtful we would hear anything.

I guess we are just saving all the hits and runs for the SEC tourney and plan to keep this great defense and pitching!

Way to hang tough LADY TIGERS!!!

I doubt we would hear anything of a reprimand on and official. He/she may not be used at next game and restricted from SEC tourney and such but doubtful we would hear anything.

Thanks for the info.

Wow, LSU pitched a one-hit game AND LOSES TO AU! One sweet hit by Haley Fagan!

The whole substitution thing wasn't nearly as bad as the inconsistency with the strike zone. I will admit that the camera angle probably influences what looks like a strike to me but there were way too many borderline calls on AU batters and very few, if any, on LSU batters, especially in the 6th and 7th. That and the ball that fouled off the bat that the ump ruled as a HBP. Balls hitting a bat sound very different than hitting an arm.

Gents, Thanks for informing me on the protest and painting a picture of the game with the updates. I was unable to watch the game due to being on the road but thanks to all of you putting in writing what has been happening!

Wow, LSU pitched a one-hit game AND LOSES TO AU! One sweet hit by Haley Fagan!

Not only that, they had a ton of base runners and none scored. The defense was phenomenal tonight.

Got back from the baseball game just in time to see the bottom of the 7th...more than enough stress for me...must have been a great game....Walters had some problems to deal with but preserved the win.

Who would have thought our pitchers could have held LSU scoreless?

Got back from the baseball game just in time to see the bottom of the 7th...more than enough stress for me...must have been a great game....Walters had some problems to deal with but preserved the win.

Great win for the baseball team as well. Thanks for supporting in person 64

It's really a remarkable team to watch. PItching wasn't great, but as Jared said, the home umpire was giving lsu the outside corners on left handed batters, but wasn't giving us those corners. LSU does have really good pitching. We have OUTSTANDING defense and hitting. Unfortunately their pitching hasn't given us much to work with at all. Amazing we get only ONE hit but win the game 1-0.

OUR DEFENSE IS AMONG THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY... This series is making a HUGE statement to that fact. I doubt any other team would have 4 hits in 2 games and yet win both games.

Would love to get the sweep tomorrow

Something else needs to be mentioned here. Tomorrow is the end of the regular season. Auburn will finish no lower than 2nd place in the conference. A win over lsu tomorrow and a Missouri win over Florida would give Auburn the conference title. If Auburn and Florida both win or lose, then Auburn finishes 2nd. Auburn can finish no lower than 2nd. uat is in 3rd place but Auburn has a 3 game lead on them.

If Haley Fagan isn't chosen for 1st team All-America at shortstop they shouldn't name one!

Not me, obviously. There has been nothing this season from our pitching staff to indicate they'd be capable of holding LSU down like they have these past two games. Let's hope this can continue! Also worthy of note in this series so far is that, as with all teams, there are games when our bats aren't there. That we won anyway is a big credit to the entire team.

I agree with CCM being named Coach of the Year, I don't think anyone of the other coaches have made as much improvement in two years or from last year to this year.

But the players - wos, that will be some tough choices. Of course I would love for all our ladies to make first team all SEC. But there is tough competition at every position. I don't think we can get a pitcher or catcher on the all-SEC (unless there is a all freshman all-sec then Carlee Wallace would be the catcher). I think our best chances for 1st Team may be at 1st Base with Jade Rhodes, 3rd Base with Kasey Cooper (although Runyion from Bama will be tight race) and Brandi Melero for Right Field and maybe Emily Carosone at 2nd base.

Archived