Delusional Bama players!!!

AURainman

Birmingham News

Alabama's approach on Friday might mirror the Tide's offensive plan in the loss to Auburn. Darby played but was far from full strength, so Alabama emphasized the pass more than it had at any time since Croyle's injury. Pennington handed the ball off 31 times, but he also threw 30 times. The Tide gained 226 yards passing and scored on a fourth-quarter pass from Pennington to DJ Hall.

"I think that kind of shows what we can do when we do the right things and when we execute right," Prothro said.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Birmingham News
Alabama's approach on Friday might mirror the Tide's offensive plan in the loss to Auburn. Darby played but was far from full strength, so Alabama emphasized the pass more than it had at any time since Croyle's injury. Pennington handed the ball off 31 times, but he also threw 30 times. The Tide gained 226 yards passing and scored on a fourth-quarter pass from Pennington to DJ Hall.

"I think that kind of shows what we can do when we do the right things and when we execute right," Prothro said.

134384[/snapback]

Brilliant!

i keep telling you that all bammerboobs should be sterilized at birth to prevent the increase in the idiotcy rate.....they are like ameobas in the fact that they serve no useful purpose other than to multiply....stop the madness

I argued following the Iron Bowl that the problem was not so much the injuries as it was the coaching, or lack thereof. In the Iron Bowl, Pennington didn't exactly set the woods on fire but he showed he could handle himself pretty well. The offensive play calling was atrocious just as it was in the LSU game.

You've got an all SEC calibre line, two fast WR's, Darby, Prothro and Pennington with big game experience and the best they could do was hand the ball off up the middle time after time. You just can't make me believe the play calling didn't cost them dearly in several games. Does anyone honestly think that Alabama, even with the injuries on offense, had less talent than Kentucky? UK sucks but at least they were running reverses, throw backs, throwing the ball down field etc.

I really think UA has some talent but they seemed to be so caught up with #1 defense and time of possession stats instead of giving themselves a chance to win ball games.

That's where it all starts...Coaching, but with Alabama (lack thereof). Alabama can stop the run and that's all Minnisota does....They should Cream The Golden Gophers....But the fact that Spencer's 4th quarter against Auburn solidifies him as the next Broadway Joe makes me Freakin' Laugh....Then again, his receivers could've caught the ball a little better.....Goes back to COACHING...That's why Coach Hula is out after this coming year...along with his assistance, I hope he stays So we can Stomp a Muddhole in the Boys from West Alabama every year. War "BY GOD" Eagle.

Wow, you guys sure did get a lot from that snippet. Im reading all the boards, all the press...nowhere do i see anyone saying spencer is the next anything.

Here again you have that arrogant superiority complex shining through. The whole, "how dare bama fans or players think anything positive of their team". It eats you guys ALIVE when anything goes well for us. We manage to eat up the field and score on a long drive late in the game against the #1 scoring defense in the country...and you get this quote

Yeah he is way off course. How delusional can this guy be? What? we have an 80 drive when we execute...and that makes us delusional...because we mention that good things happen when we execute?

Get over yourself.

Grad, my whole point is that you guys have talent but offensive philosophy, play calling, whatever, is holding you back from having a real chance to win ball games. I don't think SP is Broadway Joe by a long shot(at least I hope he's not drinking that heavily yet :P ) but I do think the coaching staff refused to open it up at all because they didn't trust his abilities. I actually tend to agree with the statement and it may be a bit of a shot at the coaches by saying' "Look, just give us a chance and we can execute".

"BROADWAY SPENSER" PENNINGTON !!!!!!!!!!!!!  I JUST PEED MY PANTS FROM LAUGHING AT THAT....on his best day, BROADWAY SPENCE still *****...he he

134427[/snapback]

agreed, which is why all this BS about how injuries haven't played a big part in our offensive troubles and that it's playcalling is total crap....Get rid of Campbell and your 2 NFL runningbacks and we'd see how good your Offense would be. You all probably wouldn't be making excuses about injuries though would you if that happened? Right.....it would have just been playcalling.

Wow, you guys sure did get a lot from that snippet. Im reading all the boards, all the press...nowhere do i see anyone saying spencer is the next anything.

Here again you have that arrogant superiority complex shining through. The whole, "how dare bama fans or players think anything positive of their team". It eats you guys ALIVE when anything goes well for us. We manage to eat up the field and score on a long drive late in the game against the #1 scoring defense in the country...and you get this quote

Yeah he is way off course. How delusional can this guy be? What? we have an 80 drive when we execute...and that makes us delusional...because we mention that good things happen when we execute?

Get over yourself.

134418[/snapback]

TWO THINGS

1. The writer of the article claims that Bama 'gameplanned' to pass the ball more. I believe Bama was running head on into the teeth of a staunch D which FORCED them to start passing. The writer needs to get his head checked.

2. I never said that this quote implied Spencer was the next best thing. I just think its funny that a Bama player thinks it was 'executing right' because we lined up a few safeties 25 yards off the ball!! Yeah RIGHT!! Where was that 'execution' when the game was in doubt?

Good things happened to BAMA when we took our foot off the gas. Not when Bama suddenly began 'executing.' That's not a superiority complex, that's just evident from the game!!!!

A more accurate quote from a Bama player should read something like this...

"I think that kind of shows what we can do when we face soft coverage, and when we execute right."

Lets not get into that argument again. We all know that last drive wasnt the only time we moved the ball on you. And all the talk about passing in the bowl game has to do with injuries at tailback more than anything.

I seem to remember completing a 50 yarder against your all world corner on the FIRST drive. But im sure that 50 yarder was luck...and the one you guys completed was par for the course. Some of you guys have the most selective memory on the planet. But it wouldnt be fun if we didnt have anything to argue about would it?

I argued following the Iron Bowl that the problem was not so much the injuries as it was the coaching, or lack thereof.  In the Iron Bowl, Pennington didn't exactly set the woods on fire but he showed he could handle himself pretty well.  The offensive play calling was atrocious just as it was in the LSU game.

You've got an all SEC calibre line, two fast WR's, Darby, Prothro and Pennington with big game experience and the best they could do was hand the ball off up the middle time after time.  You just can't make me believe the play calling didn't cost them dearly in several games.  Does anyone honestly think that Alabama, even with the injuries on offense, had less talent than Kentucky?  UK sucks but at least they were running reverses, throw backs, throwing the ball down field etc.

I really think UA has some talent but they seemed to be so caught up with #1 defense and time of possession stats instead of giving themselves a chance to win ball games.

134391[/snapback]

I definetly think that our problems stem from coaching, but we knew what we were getting into when we hired Shula. We knew that he had never been a head coach before, and sadly he is learning while doing. All we can hope for is that in time he will improve, and we feel that he has. I think we're trying to grow our own, and maybe we will be able to keep our coach. Loyalty to a school is a big thing, and the only way you can ever hope to have this with a coach(and maybe not even then) is to have one that graduated from your school(Ask LSU). I hope that we will give Shula the time to develop into the coach that I think(just my opinion) that he can be.

I think, considering our injury situation, the best you can do as a coach is call plays that keep your team in it with a chance to win late...he did that in every game this year. I cant discuss the LSU game because of what happened there...but if we execute on our last drive against UT, we win. We execute (catch the ball on the 5 tyrone) against AU...we are definitely in it. Hell if we just grab the onsides kick. The arkansas and USC games werent his fault. Our QBs were just trying to learn the game. If you saw the USC game, you know why he has called the games conservatively. Put it on your defense to keep it close...and hope you have a shot late in the game. He did that.

They are uat........ WE are AUBURN. :au: Great to see them so overcome with jealousy that they STILL can't shake the hangover from their last defeat! :D:thumbsup:

Brad, I didn't say it was all from playcalling and I do acknowledge the injuries. Hell, we've heard about each and every one of them a thousand times. My point is that there was still enough talent on the field to open it up a little more and get players like Prothro the ball in the open field and not just the occasional run out of the shotgun.

I watched the first half of the UA/LSU game on TV and then listened to the rest on the way back from the AU/UGA game. In the 4th quarter, when Bama needed to get something going, they handed the ball off up the middle 3 straight times and I thought Snake was going to walk down on the field and choke the coaches. You could hear the disgust and disbelief in their voices. Bama did have success against AU in the early stages but proceeded to spend the next 3 quarters handing the ball off up the middle. Glad they did because it was getting stuffed.

Are you telling me you wouldn't be better served by throwing a swing pass to Prothro or a slant in to Brown or even a screen pass or two to Darby? I still say the quote is as much directed at the coaches as anyone else. We can do it, just give us a chance.

I seem to remember completing a 50 yarder against your all world corner on the FIRST drive. But im sure that 50 yarder was luck...and the one you guys completed was par for the course. Some of you guys have the most selective memory on the planet. But it wouldnt be fun if we didnt have anything to argue about would it?

134443[/snapback]

No, the 50 yarder was not luck. It was execution. Of course, that was one of only 18 passes completed on him all year. And, he fell down on the play. But again, let me commend your players for a job well done. You DID get into the endzone on that drive, right?!

Our 50 yarder happened about 18 times (estimate) this year. Look it up. We were the model of execution for the SEC this year.

Birmingham News

134384[/snapback]

Brilliant!

134386[/snapback]

Six beers at a time??? Brilliant!!!

Ahhhhhh...three centuries of dominance at Tuberville Stadium! :big:

:au::homer:

Get over yourself.

134418[/snapback]

WAHHHHHH WAAAAAHHHHH WAAAAHhh

:cry3::cry3::cry3::cry3:

Remember, your on an auburn board....

I think what was delusional WAS THE WHOLE GAME...remember handing off to darby three straight times down the middle not gaining a yard with a chance to score? Y'all could've scored 3 straight times....Thats what was delusional, the fact that y'all had no offensive playcalling at all except for a drive.

Birmingham News

134384[/snapback]

Here's what happens when Bama executes right: 21-13.

Am I missing something here?

Get over yourself.

134418[/snapback]

I think what was delusional WAS THE WHOLE GAME...remember handing off to darby three straight times down the middle not gaining a yard with a chance to score? Y'all could've scored 3 straight times....Thats what was delusional, the fact that y'all had no offensive playcalling at all except for a drive.

134491[/snapback]

Yet you only managed an 8 point win. AU must be really overrated. Which one is it? Either we suck and you guys are 8 points better than a sucky crap team...or we have a good team...and you guys got a good win.

I find it funny that you guys absolutley TRASHED bama all year long...comes to the iron bowl, its a close game, and all of the sudden bama is a good team and that should be considered a quality win in your bcs belt. But now that its all said and done, we suck again? Its fine though, im used to the double speak by now.

I'm not speaking for anyone else on the board. In my view, Bama is ALWAYS a quality win regardless of the records, circumstances or point difference. BG, you help make my point for me on another thread when responding to some ribbing about Troy's 4 point loss to LSU being better than Bama's 16 point loss, ie Troy is a better team. You responded by saying you can't honestly compare the two games. That's exactly what I say about the Iron Bowl. These two teams play that game like no other and the fans live and die on every play.

Regardless of what anyone else says, a 1 point win every time is okay with me. The Iron Bowl is THE GAME.

Get over yourself.

134418[/snapback]

134491[/snapback]

Yet you only managed an 8 point win. AU must be really overrated. Which one is it? Either we suck and you guys are 8 points better than a sucky crap team...or we have a good team...and you guys got a good win.

I find it funny that you guys absolutley TRASHED bama all year long...comes to the iron bowl, its a close game, and all of the sudden bama is a good team and that should be considered a quality win in your bcs belt. But now that its all said and done, we suck again? Its fine though, im used to the double speak by now.

134509[/snapback]

Say what? Now were talking about how good your team is? I thought we were talking about the quote and the delusional thing..... We trashed y'all all year long BECAUSE YOUR BAMA....DO YOU FORGET THAT FACT?!?

Geeze....bg this is getting pretty bad.

Lets not get into that argument again. We all know that last drive wasnt the only time we moved the ball on you. And all the talk about passing in the bowl game has to do with injuries at tailback more than anything.

134443[/snapback]

HOW MANY POINTS DID THAT 50 YARDER GET YOU ???? PLEASE PASS THE KOOL-AID!!!

Archived