LSU player trouble.

sandyclawedtiger

Colleges need to raise the academic expectations of potential players. Do that & you cut out most of the scum.

Scum? Many kids, regardless of intellect or social standing, make mistakes. Most, do not necessarily have those mistakes made public.

I don't know if I would call them scum, but making a mistake compared to committing a crime are two different things.

Also, when a non famous person commits a crime their name will at least appear in the news paper etc..

No offense intended but, I think you are wrong.

Criminal offenses vary. The nature of the offense matters. A sense of responsibility and remorse matter.

A listing under "arrests" in a local newspaper is hardly comparable to being posted all over the internet.

No offense taken, but you are wrong unless you have more sympathy for the criminal than the victim.

I prefer to sympathize with the victims of crimes at any level of the law. If you prefer to sympathize with the criminals the city of Baltimore would love to have you.

I think your logic is highly flawed. I do not understand how my sympathies have anything to do with the actions of, consequences for, and feelings of someone who commits a criminal act? If you never allow young offenders to overcome the stigma of being a criminal, can you really expect them to learn from their mistake. Perhaps we should consider all of the relevant circumstances before making such generalizations?

They learn from their criminal acts (which you insist on calling mistakes) from suffering the consciences of their criminal acts. Yes, there are some that never learn.

They would learn not to commit such crimes in the first place, from seeing others suffer consciences. But when the only conscience is

a slap on the wrist full of sympathy, they will never learn.

I think you mean consequence on multiple occasions....other than that, carry on. Most criminals have very little if any "conscience"

If this guy got ripped off and knew who did it, and called the police and reported it and got no help......well, stealing does not go down well with this old redneck, and he probably wouldn't even have been prosecuted in a simpler time. In my world, just because it's legal, doesn't necessarily make it right. The converse is true,too. Assuming his story is true, I can sympathize.

Colleges need to raise the academic expectations of potential players. Do that & you cut out most of the scum.

Scum? Many kids, regardless of intellect or social standing, make mistakes. Most, do not necessarily have those mistakes made public.

I don't know if I would call them scum, but making a mistake compared to committing a crime are two different things.

Also, when a non famous person commits a crime their name will at least appear in the news paper etc..

No offense intended but, I think you are wrong.

Criminal offenses vary. The nature of the offense matters. A sense of responsibility and remorse matter.

A listing under "arrests" in a local newspaper is hardly comparable to being posted all over the internet.

No offense taken, but you are wrong unless you have more sympathy for the criminal than the victim.

I prefer to sympathize with the victims of crimes at any level of the law. If you prefer to sympathize with the criminals the city of Baltimore would love to have you.

I think your logic is highly flawed. I do not understand how my sympathies have anything to do with the actions of, consequences for, and feelings of someone who commits a criminal act? If you never allow young offenders to overcome the stigma of being a criminal, can you really expect them to learn from their mistake. Perhaps we should consider all of the relevant circumstances before making such generalizations?

They learn from their criminal acts (which you insist on calling mistakes) from suffering the consciences of their criminal acts. Yes, there are some that never learn.

They would learn not to commit such crimes in the first place, from seeing others suffer consciences. But when the only conscience is

a slap on the wrist full of sympathy, they will never learn.

I think you mean consequence on multiple occasions....other than that, carry on. Most criminals have very little if any "conscience"

My bad, sorry. Misspelled it and confused the Iphone. Again, my bad.

If this guy got ripped off and knew who did it, and called the police and reported it and got no help......well, stealing does not go down well with this old redneck, and he probably wouldn't even have been prosecuted in a simpler time. In my world, just because it's legal, doesn't necessarily make it right. The converse is true,too. Assuming his story is true, I can sympathize.

I wouldn't have even called the police, especially if I knew who did it. I would have gotten everything back by any means necessary.

• 1 month later...

Charges dropped by the victim. Expect all 3 players to be back reinstated by next week.

Surprise, Surprise...just in time for fall camp. Been saying that all along. Typical operating procedure for LSU to suspend players during the summer, but "work out" a way to get them "re-instated" in time for fall camp.

Breaking and entering, theft of property....meh Jennings needed that back up to get his stolen property back b/c the police were taking too long, and yes he needed to take that guys shoes on top of it. <_<

Charges dropped by the victim. Expect all 3 players to be back reinstated by next week.

Surprise, Surprise...just in time for fall camp. Been saying that all along. Typical operating procedure for LSU to suspend players during the summer, but "work out" a way to get them "re-instated" in time for fall camp.

Breaking and entering, theft of property....meh Jennings needed that back up to get his stolen property back b/c the police were taking too long, and yes he needed to take that guys shoes on top of it. <_<

WOW, I had no idea LSU had the equiviliant of the infamous "Red Elephant Club." I know LSU has a great law school and one of the most corrupt state governments in the country, but dang I didn't know they were so closely related to the UAT folks. This incident is similar to the Jordan Jefferson (beating the Marine at the bar) situation....get all charges dropped just to get the player on the field.

WOW, I had no idea LSU had the equiviliant of the infamous "Red Elephant Club." I know LSU has a great law school and one of the most corrupt state governments in the country, but dang I didn't know they were so closely related to the UAT folks. This incident is similar to the Jordan Jefferson (beating the Marine at the bar) situation....get all charges dropped just to get the player on the field.

Yup

WOW, I had no idea LSU had the equiviliant of the infamous "Red Elephant Club." I know LSU has a great law school and one of the most corrupt state governments in the country (you can say that again), but dang I didn't know they were so closely related to the UAT folks. This incident is similar to the Jordan Jefferson (beating the Marine at the bar) situation....get all charges dropped just to get the player on the field.

It's been standard operating procedure for them after the summer for awhile now.

Archived