Anatomy of an Auburn Championship Team

StatTiger

With a young team, that LSU game will be the major early hurdle. Arky too could be a major problem.

Always difficult to play on the road in the SEC but that lsu team is likely a 5 loss team again. They still have NOTHING at QB and they are even thin at that spot now with the jennings arrest. Remains to be seen if he returns to the program or not. The only thing they have on offense is Fournette.

And the number 1 receiver from 2014 Malachi Dupre. And Brandon Harris.

You think that's a good thing? Did you actually watch him play last year? He is AWFUL. Offensively lsu is TERRIBLE and has very little talent.

Never said it was a good thing, just thought he had potential. You should capitalize your words more often, it really gets your point across.

Exactly, I was wondering what Iowa St had to do with the conversation.

:big:

:laugh:

GREAT (I meant to do that) post, Stat. I'm hoping this team will be able to do what it seems to coaches are focused on -- get better every week. If we do that, we've got a chance to have a special season as we gain more experience.

Is there a 20 and 30 game experience breakdown of the teams in the SEC West anywhere? Not requesting it (due to the insane amt of work it would be to figure that out), just wondering.

Our youth does not bode well for us this season at all considering the history, although I do think having Gus gives us hope that we won't be like those teams that ended up 33-30. Too much youth can be extremely detrimental for a season and this statistic seems to be a solid indicator of how a season will go to a certain extent. I am expecting 9 wins, 10 would be great but anything more than that and I think we should be ecstatic.

Stat actually covered this in one of his podcasts. We're young compared to the rest of the West.

Thanks! I listened to one of his podcasts, it was great. Factual based and not homer talk like on al.com lol. That is not the news I wanted to hear though. This surely makes me steer away from putting money on AU to make it to the CFP. Someone convince me otherwise. What makes this team so much better than the previous teams that went 33-30? History and data are stacked against this years AU team IMO.

The last time we were crazy young up and down the roster was right after the national championship and that team was very much stuck in the mud.

We aren't anywhere near as young as 2011. Plus we're worlds more talented.

Showing that we are young although historically accurate, doesn't factor in the rest of the west nor the SEC this year. LSU, Bama, Miss St. All have major questions this year. Ole Miss is got a great D, but a new QB to go with their average offense. Arky is still a middle of the road team. Outside of Georgia, who have their own issues, The east is still a disaster.

Auburn, while young, I feel they have the potential to be a championship team. Gus adds a factor that isn't injected into the previous years including the 2010 season when he was a OC constrained by Chizic.

With the rest of the questions around the SEC, we have the greatest chance of making the playoffs unscathed or with 1 loss with a young team. My projection is that we win the SEC and if we have a loss will be to TAMU, I don't forsee this loss happening. UGA and Bama always scare me, but having them at home, baring the refs screwing us over we will win.

The conference standings in the last 4 years don't support the stance that the east is a disaster, IMO. In each of the last 4 years, there have been at least 2 teams in each division with 10 wins or more and in 2012, there were 3 teams in each division with 10 wins or more. I think the results in the last few title games have skewed the view of lots of people given the fact the west team has won in a blowout. I don't see the east as being a disaster at all.

Archived