Trump fans

TexasTiger

I can tell you what Americans deserve is a debate on the issues without the same old politically correct double speak from both parties, is Trump the right person for the job? I doubt it but I wish others were as open.

Finally, a candidate willing to be a shameless, unapologetic conduit for what Americans who aren't thinking, are thinking.

This begs the question, who is his base? I can't find anyone that would vote for the guy. Can you?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can tell you what Americans deserve is a debate on the issues without the same old politically correct double speak from both parties, is Trump the right person for the job? I doubt it but I wish others were as open.

Finally, a candidate willing to be a shameless, unapologetic conduit for what Americans who aren't thinking, are thinking.

This begs the question, who is his base? I can't find anyone that would vote for the guy. Can you?

Oh yes. More than I care to admit. You must not be looking in the right places.

same here

same here

Guess I run in the wrong circle. :dunno: Can you guys describe these folks you mention? I have some thoughts, but I'll defer to you.

same here

Guess I run in the wrong circle. :dunno: Can you guys describe these folks you mention? I have some thoughts, but I'll defer to you.

Well, he spoke today to what I understand was a packed house at Magnolia Hall in Sun City Hilton Head.

You may call him names and all but at least you know where he stands on certain issues where the others you really don't know how they stand. He isn't a politician so he has that going for him. I think most of his supporters are tired of the way the country has been going and they want someone who will tell it like they see it. I don't think he will win the nomination but could shake things up a bit.

I support him fully. I'm sick of the establishment, especially McCain and Kerry. Graham is just a wuss.

Trump's lead increases: http://www.washingto....html?tid=sm_fb

My view on this is that Trump, despite showing despicably poor taste and judgement in his comments about McCain, is taking the fight to the Left in areas where the GOP has repeatedly given little more than lip service. There is the pop culture appeal, but he's no more a valid candidate, imo, than Ross Perot. He's just giving many Americans the spark and signs of life which has been woefully lacking from the Right.

It's much of the same reason why folks like Chris Christie. Loud, unapologetic, willing to say what needs being said and not care about stepping on toes or hurting feelings.

I happen to agree with him on McCain. I wish he would nail Kerry, too.

same here

Well, he spoke today to what I understand was a packed house at Magnolia Hall in Sun City Hilton Head.

I just have to believe many are there for his celebrity status and others to catch his shock and awe campaign prior to his ouster.

same here

I just have to believe many are there for his celebrity status and others to catch his shock and awe campaign prior to his ouster.

I would like to think you are correct, but I am more afraid that you are not.

His whole campaign appears to be a realty show. I guess you stick with what you know.

The people clamoring to call Jenner's sex change a publicity stunt better be saying the same thing about Trump.

Guest NC1406

His whole campaign appears to be a realty show. I guess you stick with what you know.

The people clamoring to call Jenner's sex change a publicity stunt better be saying the same thing about Trump.

A nice comparison in my opinion. Narcissistic people getting the attention they desire.

A question about Trump's vice president selection if he gets the nomination- How about Gene Simmons?

Because of their equally elegant coiffures, right? :rolleyes:

same here

Nativists. Jingoistic, simple-minded types. If you live in Alabama, I'd say the probability that one supports Trump goes up with the amount of time that has passed since said person has left the state. As Mark Twain said, “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." If you haven't run across a single Trump supporter, I'm envious.

LOL seriously, Donald?

I swear, with each passing day, Donald Trump increasingly reminds me of this:

0d491142666315c6bad34be3021f83c0eb22c5ba2e8c4e913dc07eb68826e2d0.jpg

(…minus, of course, Sheldon’s genius IQ, harmless innocence, fundamentally good heart, affinity for logic, and hair.)

It's a bit more obvious of a charge to make with Jenner. He's got a reality show coming out in the next month or so about his "journey."

The Donald on the other hand...too early to tell what this is. I think the "no pub is bad pub" thing could be at play for some TV venture he has in the works. Some think he might be doing this to take all the flak and allow another candidate on the GOP side to position himself as "moderate" in opposition to Trump's blustering. But I've never seen anything in Trump that makes me think he's the self-sacrificing type. Or he could just be delusional - blinded by a ego a barge couldn't haul. Jury is still out on him.

A nice comparison in my opinion. Narcissistic people getting the attention they desire.

This^^^

As a veteran, I just want the truth and if a crime was committed, than justice must be served with a red hot poker. It is time.

Trump Opens McCains Treasonous Can of Worms

33 POWs faced execution for treason after Vietnam until Nixon pardoned all POWs. McCain was on the list of the 33, in fact at the head of it.

Here are the facts as we know them:

• According to Colonel Ted Guy, John McCain’s commander as a POW, McCain collaborated with the enemy.
  • McCain is accused of giving information that led to the downing of 60 US aircraft
  • McCain is accused of training North Vietnamese air defense personnel
  • McCain is accused of making over 30 propaganda broadcasts against the US, broadcasts he moved to have classified when he was elected to the senate

Trump is right, those who surrender are generally not heroes. Some were however, like Ted Guy, a man taken on the ground fighting, killing 4 of his captors.

http://www.veteranst...s-can-of-worms/

John McCain: When "Tokyo Rose" Ran for President

What Was John McCain's True Wartime Record in Vietnam?

Although in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, I turned sharply against McCain due to his support for an extremely bellicose foreign policy, I never had any reason to question his background or his integrity, and my strong opposition to his 2008 presidential run was entirely on policy grounds: I feared his notoriously hot temper might easily get us into additional disastrous wars.

Everything suddenly changed in June 2008 when I read a long article by an unfamiliar writer on the leftist Counterpunch website. Shocking claims were made that McCain may never have been tortured and that he instead spent his wartime captivity collaborating with his captors and broadcasting Communist propaganda, a possibility that seemed almost incomprehensible to me given all the thousands of contrary articles that I had absorbed over the decades from the mainstream media. How could this one article on a small website be the truth about McCain’s war record and everything else be total falsehood? The evidence was hardly overwhelming, with the piece being thinly sourced and written in a meandering fashion by an obscure author, but the claims were so astonishing that I made some effort to investigate the matter, though without any real success.

However, those new doubts about McCain were still in my mind a few months later when I stumbled upon Sidney Schanberg’s massively documented expose about McCain’s role in the POW/MIA cover up, a vastly greater scandal. This time I was presented with a mountain of hard evidence gathered by one of America’s greatest wartime journalists, a Pulitzer Prize winning former top editor at The New York Times. In the years since then, other leading journalists have praised Schanberg’s remarkable research, now giving his conclusions the combined backing of four New York Times Pulitzer Prizes, while two former Republican Congressmen who had served on the Intelligence Committee have also strongly corroborated his account.

In the comments:

Carlton Meyer

says:• Website

March 9, 2015 at 5:01 am GMT • 400 Words

Allow me to disparage Mr. McCain (again), with facts. By several accounts (“Why Does the Nightingale Sing”, for example) he only got into the Naval Academy for a free college degree because Dad and GrandDad were Admirals, and should have been kicked out several times if not for that too. He was a lousy pilot who got into trouble often and crashed two aircraft because of neglect. He was shot down on his third mission over Vietnam, and getting captured is not heroic.

What happened over there is difficult to pin down, but upon returning from POW status, he passed a physical and regained flight status as a pilot. Yet after he finished 20 years of service that allowed generous retirement pay, he obtained a 100% VA disability rating allowing him to collect some $40,000 a year tax free too! The LA Times mentioned this when McCain was insisting he was fit to serve as commander in Chief. He now hauls in over $240,000 a year from the Feds for military retirement, 100% VA disability, social security retirement, while all the while working full-time in the US Senate. So is he retired, or disabled, or gainfully employed? He is all three! This is textbook case of abuse and why or system needs reform to protect workers against rich welfare kings like McCain.

McCain’s loyal wife was disabled in a serious auto accident while he was a POW. Soon after he returned, McCain dumped her for a wealthy woman 20 years younger. The Reagans were so angry they never spoke to him again. He then married his new babe before he officially got divorced, so there’s that bigamy thing. I don’t know why any Arizonian votes for this crazed man, especially since he’s a big advocate for open borders. At a union meeting, he told workers illegals are needed because Americans are too lazy to work farm fields, even for $50 an hour. McCain has never labored his entire life, always on the government dole now earning ten times minimum wage worker pay, whose increase he opposes.

McCain grew up wealthy and enjoyed free government health care his entire life, yet thinks it’s nothing commoners deserve. While running for president and attacking the poor a rare good reporter asked how many houses he owned. He was unsure, but thought maybe seven.

http://www.unz.com/r...-for-president/

John McCain and the POW Cover-Up

The “war hero” candidate buried information about POWs left behind in Vietnam.

6. On Nov. 11, 1992, Dolores Alfond, the sister of missing airman Capt. Victor Apodaca and chair of the National Alliance of Families, an organization of relatives of POW/MIAs, testified at one of the Senate committee’s public hearings. She asked for information about data the government had gathered from electronic devices used in a classified program known as PAVE SPIKE.

The devices were motion sensors, dropped by air, designed to pick up enemy troop movements. Shaped on one end like a spike with an electronic pod and antenna on top, they were designed to stick in the ground as they fell. Air Force planes would drop them along the Ho Chi Minh trail and other supply routes. The devices, though primarily sensors, also had rescue capabilities. Someone on the ground—a downed airman or a prisoner on a labor gang —could manually enter data into the sensor. All data were regularly collected electronically by U.S. planes flying overhead. Alfond stated, without any challenge or contradiction by the committee, that in 1974, a year after the supposedly complete return of prisoners, the gathered data showed that a person or people had manually entered into the sensors—as U.S. pilots had been trained to do—no less than 20 authenticator numbers that corresponded exactly to the classified authenticator numbers of 20 U.S. POWs who were lost in Laos. Alfond added, according to the transcript, “This PAVE SPIKE intelligence is seamless, but the committee has not discussed it or released what it knows about PAVE SPIKE.”

McCain attended that committee hearing specifically to confront Alfond because of her criticism of the panel’s work. He bellowed and berated her for quite a while. His face turning anger-pink, he accused her of “denigrating” his “patriotism.” The bullying had its effect—she began to cry.

After a pause Alfond recovered and tried to respond to his scorching tirade, but McCain simply turned away and stormed out of the room. The PAVE SPIKE file has never been declassified. We still don’t know anything about those 20 POWs.

http://www.unz.com/a...e-pow-cover-up/

https://www.youtube....h?v=ZDZxcR0E-PE

Trump is having the time of his life right now. He doesn't want to be president. He just wants people to listen to him. He is great entertainment right now.

Trump is having the time of his life right now. He doesn't want to be president. He just wants people to listen to him. He is great entertainment right now.

"Former potential presidential candidate" will look good on his Wikipedia page.

The porcupine/muskrat haired one, threatens a third party run.

http://www.politico....ate-120521.html

That would certain appeal to his ego and inflated sense of importance. Even if he's not serious about a 3rd party run, claiming to be while attacking the GOP power structure fits right in with his current streak of saying outrageous things for the attention it brings him.

Of course, as a Democrat, I have no complaints if he wants to divide the conservative vote in November 2016. Trump's name on the ballot, as either the GOP nominee or an independent/3rd party, almost assures a Democrat in the White House until 2021, to my way of thinking. :)

Archived