2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

1 hour ago, fredst said:

And there should be no excuses barring some unforeseeable circumstances (injury, ineligibility, etc.). The talent is there with a very good QB (hopefully) returning. Not to say the offense will be on fire from day one but it should at least look like it has a coherent strategy.

This. 

• Like 1

We will start out fast this year.  I honestly think Gus is evolving and as he lets Chip do his thing, some of the old characteristics will erode into a faint, dusty memory.

We are built for 2018, if we can reload on D (after those that leave early for the draft).

37 minutes ago, Beaker said:

We will start out fast this year.  I honestly think Gus is evolving and as he lets Chip do his thing, some of the old characteristics will erode into a faint, dusty memory.

We are built for 2018, if we can reload on D (after those that leave early for the draft).

I am a bit of a sunshine pumper but with the losses on the O-Line I am not sure why so many think we will start fast out of the gate. None of the starters who will  be returning started a full season last year, we have some real question marks at Center and at least one and possibly two OT positions.

The O doesn't go if the O-Line doesn't do its job. Do we have great potential yes but proven talent and cohesiveness as unit  is another thing.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am a bit of a sunshine pumper but with the losses on the O-Line I am not sure why so many think we will start fast out of the gate. None of the starters who will  be returning started a full season last year, we have some real question marks at Center and at least one and possibly two OT positions.

The O doesn't go if the O-Line doesn't do its job. Do we have great potential yes but proven talent and cohesiveness as unit  is another thing.

Hey buddy - don't confuse me with a whole bunch of facts.  :)      You're right, I just get excited.  I always kinda think the O Line works out most of it's kinks pretty quick.  

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Curious if this is in order.

Yes from the bottom up.............................................................................................................................................................................................j/k

13 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Can't do what the O has done the last two years out the gate. FWIW. 

If we do that next year, Washington will beat the crap out of us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

If we do that next year, Washington will beat the crap out of us.

At 14-6 Clemson didn't "beat the crap out of us". Do you think Washington is that much better than Clemson?

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

At 14-6 Clemson didn't "beat the crap out of us". Do you think Washington is that much better than Clemson?

They also didn't have Browning.  He obviously may still go pro.  Either way, I don't think we start slow.  We know what we got at QB already, and should know our identity early on.

On 12/18/2017 at 8:43 PM, thaitopher said:

Curious if this is in order.

It's in Olympic podium order, the one in the middle is the first place gold. :)

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Their defense sure beat the crap out of our offense.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

18 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am a bit of a sunshine pumper but with the losses on the O-Line I am not sure why so many think we will start fast out of the gate.

Not speaking for anyone else, but I think that our offense should look a lot more competent out of the gate than it has since 2014. We have almost all the pieces in place. We need a center to work his way into the system. That's a big deal, but it should be much less of a big deal than the continuous square 1 start for the entire offense that we've dealt with the last 3 seasons. (2016 should've been different, but Gus didn't want Sean to be his QB and so we had to wait for Rhett to take over.) 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Their defense sure beat the crap out of our offense.

Do you consider a 14-6 score as beating the crap out of somebody? Or do you also think that our defense beat the crap out of their offense, since they scored only 14 points?

• Like 1

Just now, Mikey said:

Do you consider a 14-6 score as beating the crap out of somebody? Or do you also think that our defense beat the crap out of their offense, since they scored only 14 points?

11 sacks against your offense is having the crap kicked out of you. You can't sugar coat it. Our defense made it look respectable, but have no doubts, Our offense was putrid that game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

11 sacks against your offense is having the crap kicked out of you. You can't sugar coat it. Our defense made it look respectable, but have no doubts, Our offense was putrid that game.

Then so was theirs. I don't care how anyone tries to spin it, a 14-6 score says nobody got the crap kicked out of them. That's as ridiculous as some of the posts here that tried to make our 49-10 beatdown of MSU be a  close, "we coulda' lost it" game.

• Like 1

Just now, Mikey said:

Then so was theirs. I don't care how anyone tries to spin it, a 14-6 score says nobody got the crap kicked out of them. 

14 shows the defense kept it close...6 shows it was embarrassing on offense.  11 sacks shows it was a cluster.

17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We lost because the offense sucked, Mikey, which was clearly the point of the post you responded to. Quit parading that "14-6 against the #1 team" moral victory like it's an indication that our head coach didn't suck very badly at his job that day. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, bigbird said:

14 shows the defense kept it close...6 shows it was embarrassing on offense.  11 sacks shows it was a cluster.

The statement was "beat the crap out of us". That's clearly BS, just check the score. 14-6, to save you the trouble.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

We lost because the offense sucked, Mikey, which was clearly the point of the post you responded to. Quit parading that "14-6 against the #1 team" moral victory like it's an indication that our head coach didn't suck very badly at his job that day. 

Try to focus. The statement was "beat the crap out of us". No comment about coaching, no comment about sacks, no comment about anything else. 14-6 is a close score. Nobody got the crap beat out of them.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The statement was "beat the crap out of us". That's clearly BS, just check the score. 14-6, to save you the trouble.

Did you watch the game? 

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Did you watch the game? 

Of course. Tell me, if next season, Notre Dame beats Southern Cal 14-6 are you going to claim that ND beat the crap out of USC?

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Scoring 6, while giving up 11 sacks, only gaining 117 yards is having the crap kicked out of your offense. Period.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Scoring 6, while giving up 11 sacks, is having the crap kicked out of your offense. Period.

The scoreboard says otherwise, check it out.

PS: No distinction was ever made in this comment about offense, defense, special teams or the phase of the moon.

Edited by Mikey

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Of course. Tell me, if next season, Notre Dame beats Southern Cal 14-6 are you going to claim that ND beat the crap out of USC?

If USC’s offense literally can’t move down the field because they’re getting their crap pushed in, yes. The scoreboard isn’t always reflective of how the game actually went. 

• Like 3