Is Sean White Healthy?

tiger88

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes in spring he apparently had a bad start and got better as camp went on. So I guess the question would be how much better he got

Did you see whites eyes today.

Big as silver dollars. He was terrified they would call his number.

Gus can't recruit for crap. Especially a qb.

You can't be that stupid. Have you seen the numbers for Gus' QB's over his career?!?!?!? Put the bottle down. JJ may be playing like garbage but that's not indicative of Gus' QBs.

Did you see whites eyes today.

Big as silver dollars. He was terrified they would call his number.

Gus can't recruit for crap. Especially a qb.

You can't be that stupid. Have you seen the numbers for Gus' QB's over his career?!?!?!? Put the bottle down. JJ may be playing like garbage but that's not indicative of Gus' QBs.

We should scrap football and bring in men's soccer to replace it with.

I find it so funny how as Auburn fans we now think we need a QB that can run. We need a QB that can throw first.

Indeed. I suspect a lot of people think Gus' offense is predicated on a dual-threat QB due to 2010 and 2013, when the reality is that both of those offenses were freaks. The threat of Cam opened up all sorts of opportunities with the other playmakers out there, and then there was just Cam being Cam. I still think a lot of 2013 was a combination of the abilities of Nick and Tre, along with some of the best execution of fake handoffs I have ever seen. Even the cameras were routinely fooled by them, and they had a better perspective than defenders on the field did.

Personally, I think tempo, execution, and smart QB play is more integral to Gus' offense than anything else. The offense is currently lacking all three. A dual-threat QB is not a necessity. However, if you do not have a dual-threat QB, then a passing attack that can stretch the field is necessary. If you lack both of those things, then you need a Leonard Fournette or Nick Chubb in the backfield that can open up passing opportunities. Like any other offense, it rarely succeeds when it becomes basically one-dimensional. This offense lacks a passing attack that can stretch the field to open up the run, it lacks a feature back to open up the passing attack, and it appears to have a QB that would throws bad picks even if the rushing game opened up opportunities. They cannot consistently pass to set up the run OR run to set up the pass.

I find it so funny how as Auburn fans we now think we need a QB that can run. We need a QB that can throw first.

Gus has had hugely successful offenses with qbs that didn't run.

If Chris freakin' Todd can set records at Auburn at QB, there's no excuse for JJ not being able to.

I'd say Todd had Tate, and a better o line. And also Adams caught everything close to him

Do you think a better O line and 1 good receiver would help JJ's woes? We have plenty of serviceable WRs, jury still out on the O line.

I think it's too early to compare any of our backs to Tate's ability. I do believe, regardless of our w/l record, we'll still see a 1000 yard rusher this year.

Furthermore, I think I'd still be more comfortable with Wallace playing because he has the experience. We've seen nothing from Sean White or Jason Smith in real football

Yes I think a better o line and a dependable wr would help alot....if nothing else being in 3rd and 2 instead of 3rd and 7 would help greatly. You don't?

With our offensive line, Tom Brady would look like a goat. What we have here is a combnation of a head case QB making up his mind on where the ball is going before the snap and who has no confidence in the guys blocking for him. Leave Sean White on the bench. He's safer there. If he comes in there will be two busts instead of one.

Defense wise, we're very thin and young. That will work itself out.

Yes I think a better o line and a dependable wr would help alot....if nothing else being in 3rd and 2 instead of 3rd and 7 would help greatly. You don't?

It's hard to believe, personally, that our o line and WR corps aren't better(or at least as good) than they were in 2009.

Today wouldn't have been a good day for White. Even though I was calling for JJ to be benched, his(SW) confidence might never recover after being thrown to the wolves in Baton Rouge. I would've put Wallace in before White simply because Wallace actually has some FBS starts under his belt.

Sean is fine. The only thing I can think was that Gus didn't want to set Sean up to fail by throwing him to the wolves on the road. He's already got one head case on his hands, he doesn't want to make Sean into another one.

Yep+i+was+born+in+2012+and+i+approve+this+_f9f828ec027d9b6c512a7d905d68eeb2.jpg

I see we are on the same wavelength.

All our guys got a participation trophy after the game though!

I'm sorry but if that is the coaches problem and thought process then that is part of our problem. We are playing like a bunch of pansies. Don't want to mess up a psyche?? Bull. Pull Jj and put in White. Man up and play or go home.

Coaches need to shut down that darn indoor practice facility with air conditioning and start kicking some butt.

Somebody go ask Rodney G what he thinks about our level of practice now?

It's hard to believe, personally, that our o line and WR corps aren't better(or at least as good) than they were in 2009.

Our o line couldn't create running lanes against jax st until the 4th...It was the same line we had 2010....I know jj sucks and all that but he's ALWAYS in 3rd and long

I have to wonder if Myron Burton had stayed on, would we have a better vertical threat down the field. It seems plausible.

Does Tony Stevens ever plan to show up?

I have to wonder if Myron Burton had stayed on, would we have a better vertical threat down the field. It seems plausible.

I think he was still more of a strong go get it guy. We haven't done a good job of recruiting an explosive wr we need. And we miss Sammie more than we thought we would.

I think he was still more of a strong go get it guy. We haven't done a good job of recruiting an explosive wr we need. And we miss Sammie more than we thought we would.

I used to think the WR group was going to be a strength. Now it seems like our most consistent WR is Ray. I am highly disappointed in the near misses that spurned Auburn for other schools, such as Christian Kirk, a total yardage nightmare already as a true freshman, but then again I probably wouldn't be if Duke was having a season that we thought he would have.

Its not the players. You're telling me that somehow all these receivers are magically busts for us? Malzahn has no idea how to develop receivers or maximize their abilities. His passing game is HS caliber.

Sean is fine. The only thing I can think was that Gus didn't want to set Sean up to fail by throwing him to the wolves on the road. He's already got one head case on his hands, he doesn't want to make Sean into another one.

Might be more afraid Sean would succeed. Gus might then get more heat than he's getting right now. Like why didn't you make the change sooner?

Might be more afraid Sean would succeed. Gus might then get more heat than he's getting right now. Like why didn't you make the change sooner?

tumblr_lksaas0imz1qa49pqo1_500.gif

Is Jason Smith not even an option? has experience in HS and JC at QB and is a dynamic playmaker(has been in the past.) He is a much better runner and his passing can't be any worse than JJ. Plus, he's wasted as a WR so he's basically giving us nothing at this point.

No. He's not an option. We gave him a chance at quarterback and he was very quickly moved to receiver. He may run the ball well, but I'd assume that he can't throw well consistently.

Todd could read Defenses, Cam could read defenses,Nick could read defenses. Johnson,on the other hand, doesn't have a clue or any confidence.

nick was in one read scenarios. He never had to read defenses.

Gus has had hugely successful offenses with qbs that didn't run.

Amen brother, I'm really getting tired of reading about how Gus can only work with running QBs.I really expect to see Sean

White get a chance during the MSU game. Jeremy just really seems like he is lost.

Archived