Breaking News....McCarthy Drops Bid to Be Speaker of House

Proud Tiger

I have watched it several times. You see it one way I see it another. You watch it and tell me the exact time he says what you say. What source should I attack. Is attacking someone civil? :dunno:

Gowdy. He said it.

Where did Gowdy say it? And you still can't give the time in the video where McCarthy said what you claim he said.

I have never "claimed" McCarthy said anything. He said what he said. Republican leadership apologized. McCarthy apologized. You can attempt to spin but, there is nothing left to spin. McCarthy clearly highlighted the political benefits to the investigation. It was a serious mistake. You can defend by countering with the legitimate reasons for the investigation but, you cannot defend by the denial of reality. That attempt only serves to further undermine credibility and objectivity.

I quoted an article that quoted Gowdy in my original response. Are you reading before responding?

I think you got lost and are the one who needs to go back and read the thread. TexasTiger said in post #15 that "McCarthy admitted it." I challenged that and he couldn't provide where he said it. You jumped in with comments by Gowdy agreeing McCarty screwed up which I earlier agreed with. I'm not trying to spin any thing. Let me summarize:

1. McCarthy screwed up in the manner in which he made his comments but some are trying to infer something he didn't say and can't provide anything to back it up except the video which doesn't contain the alleged statement.

2. He is correct in his comments that Hillary's poll numbers have dropped....but they were dropping because of her own problem with the e-mails.

3. Gowdy's comments which you provided support my position that his committee is trying to find out the facts re. Benghazi and is not concerned with Hillary's poll problems.

No. I have no interest, or concern, with either your, or Tex's, one sided view of the issue. My statements are clear. Gowdy's statement is clear. McCarthy's original statement is clear.

McCarthy did not admit to or, say that the investigation is purely a political attack on HRC. However, he absolutely heralded the value of the investigation as a purely political triumph, not a triumph of truth and justice. Gee whiz, how hard is this to understand? Does anyone wish to understand or, are you, Tex, others, being totally disingenuous, willfully ignorant?

I have absolutely zero interest in attempting to promote "the real meaning". The meaning is clear to anyone who still holds some objectivity.

Again, I have no interest in the tedium. The partisan, and disingenuous side of the conversation is ridiculous.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have watched it several times. You see it one way I see it another. You watch it and tell me the exact time he says what you say. What source should I attack. Is attacking someone civil? :dunno:

Gowdy. He said it.

Where did Gowdy say it? And you still can't give the time in the video where McCarthy said what you claim he said.

I have never "claimed" McCarthy said anything. He said what he said. Republican leadership apologized. McCarthy apologized. You can attempt to spin but, there is nothing left to spin. McCarthy clearly highlighted the political benefits to the investigation. It was a serious mistake. You can defend by countering with the legitimate reasons for the investigation but, you cannot defend by the denial of reality. That attempt only serves to further undermine credibility and objectivity.

I quoted an article that quoted Gowdy in my original response. Are you reading before responding?

I think you got lost and are the one who needs to go back and read the thread. TexasTiger said in post #15 that "McCarthy admitted it." I challenged that and he couldn't provide where he said it. You jumped in with comments by Gowdy agreeing McCarty screwed up which I earlier agreed with. I'm not trying to spin any thing. Let me summarize:

1. McCarthy screwed up in the manner in which he made his comments but some are trying to infer something he didn't say and can't provide anything to back it up except the video which doesn't contain the alleged statement.

2. He is correct in his comments that Hillary's poll numbers have dropped....but they were dropping because of her own problem with the e-mails.

3. Gowdy's comments which you provided support my position that his committee is trying to find out the facts re. Benghazi and is not concerned with Hillary's poll problems.

No. I have no interest, or concern, with either your, or Tex's, one sided view of the issue. My statements are clear. Gowdy's statement is clear. McCarthy's original statement is clear.

McCarthy did not admit to or, say that the investigation is purely a political attack on HRC. However, he absolutely heralded the value of the investigation as a purely political triumph, not a triumph of truth and justice. Gee whiz, how hard is this to understand? Does anyone wish to understand or, are you, Tex, others, being totally disingenuous, willfully ignorant?

I have absolutely zero interest in attempting to promote "the real meaning". The meaning is clear to anyone who still holds some objectivity.

Again, I have no interest in the tedium. The partisan, and disingenuous side of the conversation is ridiculous.

Ichy has spoken so that's it folks. Anyone who disagrees is ignorant. I'm headed for the beach in the morning so ya'll enjoy your week. War Eagle!!

Archived