The offer list provided by a recruiting service...

SumterAubie

I don't know. I know with woods who I update every time I'd post his offer info that I'd get from his dad him or his social media, his profile on the recruiting sites would be updated a day or two later

The offer information comes from the recruit or possibly his high school coach, provided the recruit even tells the coach. College coaches do not publicize their offers because of NCAA rules.

The offer information comes from the recruit or possibly his high school coach, provided the recruit even tells the coach. College coaches do not publicize their offers because of NCAA rules.

Exactly. The school cannot announce if an offer is tendered or not. Only the player or his "people" can. So when we see that 532 high school seniors have an offer from bammer it's a pretty safe bet that most of them do not have anything like a commitable offer.

They may not publicize them, but the recruiting guys for each school at Rivals, Scout, etc. have their backchannels to find out whether an offer is legit.

I thought schools weren't able to mention any recruit by name?

They can't. That's why the offer lists do not come from any official school source.

So the offer lists for some may be like Dr. Ben Carson's scholarship offer list?

Not the place for political discussions but I will make this simple for you. You have zero idea about how someone finally gets into a service Academy. Basically he was told if he wanted in it would happen. He did not want in he wanted to be a doctor. He did not want in. He did not fill out papers. Sort of like not sending in his NLI on signing day.

So the offer lists for some may be like Dr. Ben Carson's scholarship offer list?

Not the place for political discussions but I will make this simple for you. You have zero idea about how someone finally gets into a service Academy. Basically he was told if he wanted in it would happen. He did not want in he wanted to be a doctor. He did not want in. He did not fill out papers. Sort of like not sending in his NLI on signing day.

My apologies. I'm not political at all. Didn't mean to touch a nerve with anyone who obviously is very political. Will delete. Wasn't funny anyway. Sorry.

Actually your comment was pretty funny!

So an offer list could have some fluff added to it by the recruit.

Unless a kid is a sure fire take there is fluff on both sides. It's a big balancing game that can be very delicate.

Archived