Athens Is Burning

slipadeedoodah

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everytime Richt appears to be gone he gets big wins against Auburn and Tech, I hope it changes this year.

So true.

I respect Mark Richt, but I certainly hope we hasten his exit. UGA is going to have a heck of a time finding an upgrade.

I greatly respect Richt as a Man. I highly dislike the bullpuppies. I would like to see him leave Uga. I think he stays. Just my 2 cents.

Should we let UGA win this week to keep Richt at UGA?

Jokes, he will probably have his bulldogs extremely ready like he always does against AU

Jokes, he will probably have his bulldogs extremely ready like he always does against AU

I know you're joking, but Richt is 9 and 5 over Auburn since he has been their coach and the series is tied at this time. I would love to see Richt leave ASAP.

I know you're joking, but Richt is 9 and 5 over Auburn since he has been their and the series is tied at this time. I would love to see Richt leave ASAP.

But who's to say, with their recruiting base and tradition, that they can't land someone even better.

I know you're joking, but Richt is 9 and 5 over Auburn since he has been their and the series is tied at this time. I would love to see Richt leave ASAP.

But who's to say, with their recruiting base and tradition, that they can't land someone even better.

I can appreciate that, but Richt has a better record against us than Saban. I'll gamble on the next UGA choice and hope for a Bama "Mike" or a Lane Kiffen type this time.

I'm torn about whether I want Richt to stay or leave. This is clearly different than, say, how other fan bases were begging us to keep Chizik.

If they let go of Richt they could cycle through a few coaches before finding the guy who will take them where the UGA fans want to go. Or they could hire a great coach who would really utilize all that UGA has to offer in terms of talent. I feel like if you let go of a successful coach in search of something better you usually end up back tracking. Especially if you get a guy who has yet to win anything substantial at a Power 5 school as a HC. So I think I'd rather UGA fire Richt and get a Kirby Smart or somebody like that to try to learn on the job.

*If Richt didn't kick our asses so much this would be a no brainer for me, personally, to say I hope UGA keeps him because they are perennial underachievers but SOMEHOW they manage to bully us no matter how their season is going prior to that.

And...We help them

And with no one else to upset them, only an imbecile would oust Richt after a 9-3 season

Should change the name of this thread to "Auburn is Burning" ....

But it's still great to be an Auburn Tigers.

too bad it did not result in a win for us against the mange invested mutts.

too bad it did not result in a win for us against the mange invested mutts.

Archived