Dinson done for the year.

tomtomwde

Poor kid... Sending prayers...

https://twitter.com/...130308074160128

@JayGTate: CB Jeremiah Dinson tore three ligaments in his left knee, dislocated his knee and dislocated a shoulder. On the same play.

Dang. Hope to read a story about how Seals-Jones reached out to him and showed concern, but not holding my breath after how he acted on the sideline while Jones was being tended to. Also hope the NCAA takes note of that kind of over the top blocking.

:angry:/> LINK

1a3d07_df319afa6a1146d5bb98ce6ba2fdb12f.png1a3d07_c462ac299eb54cbb96623ba3a4c43530.png

dont hate on RSJ because Countess did the same thing.

countess made a good, textbook hit

He did not put that dude out for the rest of the reason (possibly more) and then celebrate the hit on the sideline while the injured player was getting carted off of the field

Not even comparable

I was talking about the trash talk; I thought that was obvious but maybe not. The only thing that isn't comparable is the amount of rehab between Dinson and Murray because they both resulted from blows to the head.

We'll see him in Jordan hare if he's not gone next year

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seals-Jones is trash. Don't try to equate the Countess hit on a sliding QB the same size as him, to the Seals-Jones blind side hit on a defenseless upright Dinson he towers over. Those 2 hits aren't in the same universe.

Seals-Jones got called for targeting on an identical hit when they played Miss St. But in that game, the replay official wasn't Al Ford and the call wasn't overturned. This is one of Seals-Jones' favorite tactics and I have a feeling he is going to get some pay back by some team before this is all over.

BTW, here is the Seals-Jones targeting call against the MSU player. Does it look familiar ?

http://twitter.com/...473364730052609

added: ..... and here is a Saturday Down South link with an article and a slightly longer video of the same play.

http://www.saturdayd...cted-targeting/

Seals-Jones is trash. Don't try to equate the Countess hit on a sliding QB the same size as him, to the Jones blind side hit from a guy that towers over a defenseless Dinson.

Seals-Jones got called for targeting on an identical hit to a CB when they played Miss St. But in that game, the replay official wasn't Al Ford and the call wasn't overturned. It is Seals-Jones' favorite tactic and I have a feeling he is going to get some pay back by some team before this is all over.

BTW, here is the Seals-Jones targeting call against the MSU player. Does it look familiar ?

http://twitter.com/...473364730052609

Great job! I remember his cheap targeting on MSU player!

Ok. Just to clear it up. Countess sent out a picture with his foot on top of Christian Kirk and RSJ countered with a pic using Dinson's injury picture and Countess's own words. Both were immature. Nobody is equating Dinson's injury to Murray's. They are seemingly a whole stratosphere apart from each other. And yeah, RSJ had a targeting penalty before that play, but so did Countess. So let's not act like RSJ is Ndamakong Suh out there on the football field off of one penalty and one injured player. Five years ago, RSJ's ear hole block would have made the highlight film praising the year's greatest hits in football.

And according to our very own rule-stickler, WarTiger, Countess's hit should've been a penalty as well. Even though it wasn't near as egregious as the Dinson hit, it still qualifies as a targeting penalty. I am absolutely shocked that people are not that concerned with the Countess picture because, by his caption, and by the way it was portrayed, it looked like Countess was stomping on Kirk. And why the heck would we want to piss off that stud?

Whatever Countess posted does not matter (but I do agree it's not winning with class). These kids need to be responsible for their own actions and be the better person. Using the excuse of "well Countess was talking trash and posted a pic first" is childish and sounds like my kids fighting... "She did it first, Mommy!"

Ok. Just to clear it up. Countess sent out a picture with his foot on top of Christian Kirk and RSJ countered with a pic using Dinson's injury picture and Countess's own words. Both were immature. Nobody is equating Dinson's injury to Murray's. They are seemingly a whole stratosphere apart from each other. And yeah, RSJ had a targeting penalty before that play, but so did Countess. So let's not act like RSJ is Ndamakong Suh out there on the football field off of one penalty and one injured player. Five years ago, RSJ's ear hole block would have made the highlight film praising the year's greatest hits in football.

And according to our very own rule-stickler, WarTiger, Countess's hit should've been a penalty as well. Even though it wasn't near as egregious as the Dinson hit, it still qualifies as a targeting penalty. I am absolutely shocked that people are not that concerned with the Countess picture because, by his caption, and by the way it was portrayed, it looked like Countess was stomping on Kirk. And why the heck would we want to piss off that stud?

I think the argument people are trying to make is that Seals-Jones is trying to hurt people, while Countess's hits have potentially been "targeting" because of the "spirit of the rule" and not intentional or even in his control.

Also, as I mentioned before, I'm certain Gus will handle Countess's immaturity on Twitter.

I think the argument people are trying to make is that Seals-Jones is trying to hurt people, while Countess's hits have potentially been "targeting" because of the "spirit of the rule" and not intentional or even in his control.

Also, as I mentioned before, I'm certain Gus will handle Countess's immaturity on Twitter.

If Seals-Jones is responding to a Countess tweet using Countess's words, as jeff says, that puts a different spin on it, for me. I think both should be punished.

With multiple injuries that this young man has received, he will have to work extra hard to be able to get back on the field for 2016. It could very well be 2017 before he is fully recovered and back on the field. I do not think the injuries will end his career. However, he is going to have to work in order to get back onto the field.

I know he will be in great hands with his road back to recovery. He has my prayers and hope for his future.

WDE my young friend!

No lie, if that kind of crap happened to one of my team mates you can bet the enzyme time he comes around he's getting payback. This boils my blood. Not so much his turd postings, but his jawing on the sidelines afterwards. If light his backside up and make it as dirty as possible.

Countess' hit on Murray may be targeting by definition, but I would be in strong favor of adding an addendum to the rule stating that if a player receiving the hit willfully puts himself into a dangerous position from a hit that would have otherwise been a legal block or tackle, the penalty will not count. Murray's slide was anything but that, he didn't go down on his knees, he let his legs go out from underneath him and he fell forward with his head in the and chest in the forward position, if he slides normally on that play countess probably goes right over the top of him without ever laying a finger on him.

The great example of why correct sliding is important would be the Lamarcus Joyner hit on Teddy Bridgewater on sunday. Teddy slid, but he slid simultaneously as Joyner was beginning his tackling motion, realizing that he was sliding, Joyner did everything in his effort to avoid the tackled including rolling his own body away, it wasn't enough and Joyner's bicep and elbow still contacted Bridgewater's helmet and the force drove Bridgewater's helmet into the ground which is where the concussion was sustained. Everyone was crying about how dirty a hit it was, and from the normal game camera angle and bird's eye view it definitely looked vicious, but the ground view shot clearly demonstrated Joyner trying to roll out of a tackle he had already committed his body too. Joyner was correctly called for a late hit (and i type that begrudgingly because again, if both motions began at the same time the result should be no penalty) but Countess' hit on Murray was not called for targeting because he did not slide he appeared to be giving himself up but at the same time trying to gain maximal yards which precludes him from being a defenseless player and thus not targeting, in my not an expert opinion.

Countess' hit on Murray may be targeting by definition, but I would be in strong favor of adding an addendum to the rule stating that if a player receiving the hit willfully puts himself into a dangerous position from a hit that would have otherwise been a legal block or tackle, the penalty will not count. Murray's slide was anything but that, he didn't go down on his knees, he let his legs go out from underneath him and he fell forward with his head in the and chest in the forward position, if he slides normally on that play countess probably goes right over the top of him without ever laying a finger on him.

The great example of why correct sliding is important would be the Lamarcus Joyner hit on Teddy Bridgewater on sunday. Teddy slid, but he slid simultaneously as Joyner was beginning his tackling motion, realizing that he was sliding, Joyner did everything in his effort to avoid the tackled including rolling his own body away, it wasn't enough and Joyner's bicep and elbow still contacted Bridgewater's helmet and the force drove Bridgewater's helmet into the ground which is where the concussion was sustained. Everyone was crying about how dirty a hit it was, and from the normal game camera angle and bird's eye view it definitely looked vicious, but the ground view shot clearly demonstrated Joyner trying to roll out of a tackle he had already committed his body too. Joyner was correctly called for a late hit (and i type that begrudgingly because again, if both motions began at the same time the result should be no penalty) but Countess' hit on Murray was not called for targeting because he did not slide he appeared to be giving himself up but at the same time trying to gain maximal yards which precludes him from being a defenseless player and thus not targeting, in my not an expert opinion.

I actually had War Tiger look at that play in the rules and interpretations section.

I don't recall ever seeing so much damage from one collision.

I don't recall ever seeing someone intentionally hit a defenseless player so hard in an Auburn game. I've seen hard hits on the guy with the ball, but never in a blocking situation.

Archived