11 22 15 Notes - Coordinators Speak

RunInRed

Neither JJ or SW will be effective if we can't run the ball and I don't believe we can so it really doesn't matter who plays. I think JJ should go since he is healthy and has played well the last few games but again it won't matter if bama is teeing off on him since they don't respect our run game.

Jeremy didn't play well against UGA...

We're hangin our hats on TAMU and Idaho. Hardly the competition that Sean White faced... and Gus limited (handcuffed) Sean until his 3rd start.

No he didn't play well against uga but I felt like that was more a product of horrible play calling than JJ himself. I think a 100 percent healthy SW should start over JJ but I just don't think Sean is going to be 100 percent by Saturday so I would take a healthy JJ and hope for the best.

I think it was horrible game management all around. Play calling was bad after the second drive. When the offense stopped working, they went to white which seemed to kill Jeremy's confidence. The failed play calling was then compounded by an injured qb for several drives, then an uncomfortable one for the rest of the game.

For the offense to work in this game, we need to pick a quarterback, stay with him, and call pass plays that fit his strengths.

if that qb is JJ. You take the middle of the field away.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a few QB runs to keep the defense honest. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Sean White will be in any condition to run the ball (judging by how immobile he looked a couple weeks ago). I'd like to see JJ start, get involved in the zone read game, and sling the ball downfield 8-10 times. Deep balls are arguably the easiest passes to make and they give you the potential for chunk plays--which are crucial against a defense like Alabama's.

Neither JJ or SW will be effective if we can't run the ball and I don't believe we can so it really doesn't matter who plays. I think JJ should go since he is healthy and has played well the last few games but again it won't matter if bama is teeing off on him since they don't respect our run game.

We're hangin our hats on TAMU and Idaho. Hardly the competition that Sean White faced... and Gus limited (handcuffed) Sean until his 3rd start.

No he didn't play well against uga but I felt like that was more a product of horrible play calling than JJ himself. I think a 100 percent healthy SW should start over JJ but I just don't think Sean is going to be 100 percent by Saturday so I would take a healthy JJ and hope for the best.

I think it was horrible game management all around. Play calling was bad after the second drive. When the offense stopped working, they went to white which seemed to kill Jeremy's confidence. The failed play calling was then compounded by an injured qb for several drives, then an uncomfortable one for the rest of the game.

For the offense to work in this game, we need to pick a quarterback, stay with him, and call pass plays that fit his strengths.

I think that depends on his confidence level. His one interception in the Georgia game was partially on the receiver who ran the route too short. Take away that interception and he looked okay. We weren't struggling to move the ball early in that game because of Johnson. We were struggling early in that game because horrible plays were being called.

You seem to go to alot of trouble to point out.....nevermind

very little trouble actually.

So we can find out how good white really is but I imagine no matter what people would say he was hurt if it wasn't a good performance and secondly it's the only scenario where I think the coaches will play just one qb and I think the rotation stuff screws the offense

Can you get through one thread without your preconceived nonsense about our

QB situation spilling out?

I feel truly sorry for you, it must make for a rough life feeling and thinking the way you do.

Why does everyone say that the coaches handcuffed White until game 3? We came out passing and more balanced than ever on our first drive against MSU. Turns out, throwing back across the field to the middle in the redzone is a bad idea and he threw a pick. That is what forced the brakes on the offense. They didn't want more turnovers.

So we can find out how good white really is but I imagine no matter what people would say he was hurt if it wasn't a good performance and secondly it's the only scenario where I think the coaches will play just one qb and I think the rotation stuff screws the offense

Can you get through one thread without your preconceived nonsense about our

QB situation spilling out?

I feel truly sorry for you, it must make for a rough life feeling and thinking the way you do.

LOL. My life is absolutely fantastic. Sometimes I sit back and can't believe how well things turned out. With all that being said I answered a question that I was asked, the real question is why are you quoting the answer without the question and talking about my life because of how I feel about our qb play? And how come you can't ever present a case about whatever you disagree about? Why don't you ever talk football on a football board ma'am? Those are a few of my questions.

Cool. That's exactly the way I feel as well so I guess you somewhat answered your own question or understand your own original statement

Cole obviously likes JJ but he is also correct in saying that SW has not proven that he is the answer either. Other teams have brought in Freshmen QB's after a starter went down or didn't work out and didn't limit them as much as our coaches did SW who was a Redshirt Freshmen who had been through two spring practices. While not working with the starters SW should have known the playbook inside out. I watched SW play and what I saw is a kid with some presence in the pocket who could avoid the rush at times, who was tough and could stand in there and make some nice throws. I also saw him wait to long in the Red Zone to make a pass that would have been a TD. What I didn't see was somebody who took over a game and said I am the man. Why did our coaches limit him so much was it bad coaching or they realized something? I don't know. While I still think SW can be the man I can fully understand why some people like Cole are not as convinced.

Based on what we have seen so far the book is still out on SW. I am sure that Cole as an Auburn man would love to see SW show that he is the man. While I like SW and I think he is better than JJ I would be ecstatic if JJ were to start against bama and prove he is the man.

I will pull for whoever is playing QB for Auburn.

I agree with you, and think anointing Sean White as the QB of the future is every bit as premature and potentially foolish as it was to anoint JJ last year. Based on what I've seen out of both play this season, I have more confidence in a healthy Sean White throwing the football than I do JJ, and the coaches clearly demonstrated against Georgia that they do too. I also have more confidence in a healthy JJ than an injured Sean White. If Sean White is not 100%, he has no business being in the game. It is doubtful to me that Sean White is 100% and prepared to play this weekend, especially since they would likely be putting him in to obviously throw the ball.

Whether Sean White is the man for the future or not is indeed still up in the air. Unless he makes some kind of miraculous comeback in the offseason, I doubt we see JJ in anything other than backup duty in 2016. If it were solely between Sean White and JJ, I suspect Sean White would be the starter heading into 2016.

I feel the same way about whoever is playing QB for Auburn. I don't care a bit who's name is on the back of the jersey, I hope they succeed.

Cool. That's exactly the way I feel as well so I guess you somewhat answered your own question or understand your own original statement

only took me two sentence fragments to do it. Lol

Cole obviously likes JJ but he is also correct in saying that SW has not proven that he is the answer either. Other teams have brought in Freshmen QB's after a starter went down or didn't work out and didn't limit them as much as our coaches did SW who was a Redshirt Freshmen who had been through two spring practices. While not working with the starters SW should have known the playbook inside out. I watched SW play and what I saw is a kid with some presence in the pocket who could avoid the rush at times, who was tough and could stand in there and make some nice throws. I also saw him wait to long in the Red Zone to make a pass that would have been a TD. What I didn't see was somebody who took over a game and said I am the man. Why did our coaches limit him so much was it bad coaching or they realized something? I don't know. While I still think SW can be the man I can fully understand why some people like Cole are not as convinced.

Based on what we have seen so far the book is still out on SW. I am sure that Cole as an Auburn man would love to see SW show that he is the man. While I like SW and I think he is better than JJ I would be ecstatic if JJ were to start against bama and prove he is the man.

I will pull for whoever is playing QB for Auburn.

I agree with you, and think anointing Sean White as the QB of the future is every bit as premature and potentially foolish as it was to anoint JJ last year. Based on what I've seen out of both play this season, I have more confidence in a healthy Sean White throwing the football than I do JJ, and the coaches clearly demonstrated against Georgia that they do too. I also have more confidence in a healthy JJ than an injured Sean White. If Sean White is not 100%, he has no business being in the game. It is doubtful to me that Sean White is 100% and prepared to play this weekend, especially since they would likely be putting him in to obviously throw the ball.

Whether Sean White is the man for the future or not is indeed still up in the air. Unless he makes some kind of miraculous comeback in the offseason, I doubt we see JJ in anything other than backup duty in 2016. If it were solely between Sean White and JJ, I suspect Sean White would be the starter heading into 2016.

I feel the same way about whoever is playing QB for Auburn. I don't care a bit who's name is on the back of the jersey, I hope they succeed.

“It don't matter who's carrying the ball, who's throwing it, who's rushing the passer, or who's making the tackles, just as long as he's got a blue jersey on.”--Coach Dye

Archived