11 22 15 Notes - Coordinators Speak

RunInRed

IMO OUR headscratcher hit & miss QBs aren't as much as key to this game (they'll be hit &miss) - as is getting to Coker. I think he's a flake-in-waiting surrounded by a phenomenal cast and getting to him early and often is a doable task for Muschamp's blitzkrieg mind. If we can make Coker start tucking & running TOO soon we can focus more on the worrisome Bama RBs.

IMO.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But what would the different game plans be though?

I don't know. Probably not much different at all. But maybe the bama staff would half to spend a minute watching film to figure that out. Maybe not. Who cares. My only point is that I'm all for our staff disseminating as much misinformation as they'd like this week.

And they might not even be doing that. Maybe they're just giving honest answers to honest questions. But it seems like some folks further down the food chain than our coaches feel confident that Sean won't play, which leads me to believe that the coaches feel confident he won't play.

I think one facet is the zone read, IF SW is playing, I think uat doesn't worry about him keep it at all, whereas with JJ, based on last week, they have to at least have someone account for him keeping it.

Sean had a 31 yard run against Mississippi State, and several 11-12 yard runs in other games. Lashlee also said he has practiced in the zone read, so the potential for a run exists. That being said, the big difference is if Sean is in we don't run a completely pass first offense, but we do run more of one (just usually not on first down), and more passes are short to medium range down field. When Jeremy is in, we run a primarily run first offense and the majority of passes are to the sidelines, with the occasional long pass.

Preparing for both will require a lot more effort than preparing for just one.

On a side note, I love what we did with Roc on Saturday. That's yet another wrinkle that bama knows they have to prepare for, and incidentally, the first time all year that I've seen us outrun a defense one we broke into the secondary.

IMO OUR headscratcher hit & miss QBs aren't as much as key to this game (they'll be hit &miss) - as is getting to Coker. I think he's a flake-in-waiting surrounded by a phenomenal cast and getting to him early and often is a doable task for Muschamp's blitzkrieg mind. If we can make Coker start tucking & running TOO soon we can focus more on the worrisome Bama RBs.

IMO.

we need Henry to go down with a swollen ankle or something just minor enough to keep him on ice, very early. Then need to hammer coker into mistakes. Still don't know how we score.

The Tombigbee is one nasty little river. I would not even let Saban swim in it. It is just that nasty. Well maybe old Nick could take a plunge or 2 in it.

We will make a good showing of ourselves. Yes, we can win this game. It will take all cylinders clicking at the same time all 60 minutes. I think that David might have a 40 caliber revolver instead of a rock for Saturday. I hope you all understand that this is a metaphor of sorts, and that no one will be harmed except for the hard hits that Frosty & Cass will lay on Henry.

This week my son who is in 12th grade bought me two tickets to the Auburn Idaho game for my birthday and because he had to work my oldest son and I drove 11 and 1/2 hours from Allen, Texas to Auburn to watch the game. I know Idaho is not a great team but I saw some things that gave me hope. JJ ran zone read effectively made a few nice passes and didn't panic when he was pressured. D clogged the middle on planned running plays. I also saw very tight coverage that led to interceptions and knock downed passes.

D is getting better it is time for their breakout defensive game.

I started at Auburn in 1969 one thing I do know when we play Bama there is always a chance that we can win the game even when they are supposedly the much better team

This week my son who is in 12th grade bought me two tickets to the Auburn Idaho game for my birthday and because he had to work my oldest son and I drove 11 and 1/2 hours from Allen, Texas to Auburn to watch the game.

Sounds like you're doing a hell of a job, Dad. :thumbsup:

It isn't fair to SW if we play him against this front 7 if he isn't 100%. He would be a sitting duck. He has a lot of heart, but I don't want a game like this to have career implications on him just because we played him while he was not 100% healthy.

So we can find out how good white really is but I imagine no matter what people would say he was hurt if it wasn't a good performance and secondly it's the only scenario where I think the coaches will play just one qb and I think the rotation stuff screws the offense

Neither JJ or SW will be effective if we can't run the ball and I don't believe we can so it really doesn't matter who plays. I think JJ should go since he is healthy and has played well the last few games but again it won't matter if bama is teeing off on him since they don't respect our run game.

Neither JJ or SW will be effective if we can't run the ball and I don't believe we can so it really doesn't matter who plays. I think JJ should go since he is healthy and has played well the last few games but again it won't matter if bama is teeing off on him since they don't respect our run game.

Jeremy didn't play well against UGA...

We're hangin our hats on TAMU and Idaho. Hardly the competition that Sean White faced... and Gus limited (handcuffed) Sean until his 3rd start.

So we can find out how good white really is but I imagine no matter what people would say he was hurt if it wasn't a good performance and secondly it's the only scenario where I think the coaches will play just one qb and I think the rotation stuff screws the offense

you seem to go to a lot of trouble to point out people's perceived false confidence in Sean.

We're hangin our hats on TAMU and Idaho. Hardly the competition that Sean White faced... and Gus limited (handcuffed) Sean until his 3rd start.

No he didn't play well against uga but I felt like that was more a product of horrible play calling than JJ himself. I think a 100 percent healthy SW should start over JJ but I just don't think Sean is going to be 100 percent by Saturday so I would take a healthy JJ and hope for the best.

you seem to go to a lot of trouble to point out people's perceived false confidence in Sean.

Yeah. It's funny you noticed that.

Reality is, there is no way that Sean is 100% on Saturday unless Gus has him faking on the sidelines, and I highly doubt that. What that tells me is, if he plays against one of the top defenses in the nation, we're desperate.

Hopefully Robinson will come in with a chip on his shoulder, Roc will come in to mix things up, Jeremy will continue to make smart decisions, and we can spread around enough looks that they don't know who is coming from where. Then if we can keep them busy enough to get a wide receiver free or in single coverage, Jeremy can hurt them down field.

Cole obviously likes JJ but he is also correct in saying that SW has not proven that he is the answer either. Other teams have brought in Freshmen QB's after a starter went down or didn't work out and didn't limit them as much as our coaches did SW who was a Redshirt Freshmen who had been through two spring practices. While not working with the starters SW should have known the playbook inside out. I watched SW play and what I saw is a kid with some presence in the pocket who could avoid the rush at times, who was tough and could stand in there and make some nice throws. I also saw him wait to long in the Red Zone to make a pass that would have been a TD. What I didn't see was somebody who took over a game and said I am the man. Why did our coaches limit him so much was it bad coaching or they realized something? I don't know. While I still think SW can be the man I can fully understand why some people like Cole are not as convinced.

Based on what we have seen so far the book is still out on SW. I am sure that Cole as an Auburn man would love to see SW show that he is the man. While I like SW and I think he is better than JJ I would be ecstatic if JJ were to start against bama and prove he is the man.

I will pull for whoever is playing QB for Auburn.

Why did our coaches limit him so much was it bad coaching or they realized something?

I don't think it was either. I think Gus is gun-shy with new QBs after Frazier and then Johnson. My guess was that Gus wanted to let him feel the speed of the game before turning him loose. I honestly think he could have turned him loose a lot faster. I also think with a better supporting cast at receiver, he would have done a better job of acting like "the man". He's still a freshman, for all intents and purposes, so he still has a way to go.

The one thing I don't get is harping on his arm. I haven't seen him under throw a pass, so I'm no sure where the weak arm argument came from.

I have not heard any mention of Woody Barrett, the young QB committed to come to Auburn. What is the word on this young man? He could very well be the one that will get our offense on the right track for in 2016.

I have not heard any mention of Woody Barrett, the young QB committed to come to Auburn. What is the word on this young man? He could very well be the one that will get our offense on the right track for in 2016.

He could, if he's amazing, but you can bet that a true freshman isn't going to start unless he's lights out.

Why did our coaches limit him so much was it bad coaching or they realized something?

I don't think it was either. I think Gus is gun-shy with new QBs after Frazier and then Johnson. My guess was that Gus wanted to let him feel the speed of the game before turning him loose. I honestly think he could have turned him loose a lot faster. I also think with a better supporting cast at receiver, he would have done a better job of acting like "the man". He's still a freshman, for all intents and purposes, so he still has a way to go.

The one thing I don't get is harping on his arm. I haven't seen him under throw a pass, so I'm no sure where the weak arm argument came from.

arm looks fine to me.

Cole obviously likes JJ but he is also correct in saying that SW has not proven that he is the answer either. Other teams have brought in Freshmen QB's after a starter went down or didn't work out and didn't limit them as much as our coaches did SW who was a Redshirt Freshmen who had been through two spring practices. While not working with the starters SW should have known the playbook inside out. I watched SW play and what I saw is a kid with some presence in the pocket who could avoid the rush at times, who was tough and could stand in there and make some nice throws. I also saw him wait to long in the Red Zone to make a pass that would have been a TD. What I didn't see was somebody who took over a game and said I am the man. Why did our coaches limit him so much was it bad coaching or they realized something? I don't know. While I still think SW can be the man I can fully understand why some people like Cole are not as convinced.

Based on what we have seen so far the book is still out on SW. I am sure that Cole as an Auburn man would love to see SW show that he is the man. While I like SW and I think he is better than JJ I would be ecstatic if JJ were to start against bama and prove he is the man.

This is a very good post. ^^

Thanks. This is what I'm saying and if the goal is to be objective then let's be objective

No he didn't play well against uga but I felt like that was more a product of horrible play calling than JJ himself. I think a 100 percent healthy SW should start over JJ but I just don't think Sean is going to be 100 percent by Saturday so I would take a healthy JJ and hope for the best.

I think it was horrible game management all around. Play calling was bad after the second drive. When the offense stopped working, they went to white which seemed to kill Jeremy's confidence. The failed play calling was then compounded by an injured qb for several drives, then an uncomfortable one for the rest of the game.

For the offense to work in this game, we need to pick a quarterback, stay with him, and call pass plays that fit his strengths.

Archived