Anyone else feel like this?

Dual-Threat Rigby

It JUST came across my mind that there was actually another game on the schedule. This might be the biggest epitome of an embarrassing season that you want to end in the history of Auburn football.

By this post, I'm guessing you were too young to see the 2012 season? Or even the 2008 season? We actually scored more points in the 2012 3-9 season that we did in the 2008 5-7 season. Both were worse than what we've had this year.

Probably would've felt better if we never actually had a chance to win than to be playing in the fourth quarter.

Not sure why you think that, but then again, you have a lot of strange conclusions that you come too.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The oline actually opened up daylight for our running backs, but we went away from the run when we had them reeling. Then we throw incomplete passes and punt.

No we need an upgrade at wr. On defense we need some linebackers and Cass has been playing awesome we'll need somebody to replace him as well. We need help on online as well or just need them to improve

Oline played well against that front of nfl first rounders. Nick Marshall would have tore it up tonight.

They didn't suck but they were gassed by the mid 3rd quarter, so maybe better conditioning. We don't really do to well on running straight ahead either. 2013 we were automatic on 3rd and 2

But they're not bad at all but I think they have to improve to be what we want to be

It JUST came across my mind that there was actually another game on the schedule. This might be the biggest epitome of an embarrassing season that you want to end in the history of Auburn football.

By this post, I'm guessing you were too young to see the 2012 season? Or even the 2008 season? We actually scored more points in the 2012 3-9 season that we did in the 2008 5-7 season. Both were worse than what we've had this year.

Probably would've felt better if we never actually had a chance to win than to be playing in the fourth quarter.

Not sure why you think that, but then again, you have a lot of strange conclusions that you come too.

Dang dude, you should just be happy we didn't get completely run out of our own stadium. Tough loss for sure, but worst season ever? Nah...2012 was excruciatingly painful because the team had given up around mid season. This team gave it their all in every game. I can't be mad at that, we are just missing some key pieces to being a great team. On to next year. Have a beer...it helps.WDE

I didn't say worst

I said most embarrassing

being an unranked team that was coming off a nothing season and ending as a nothing isn't as bad as coming off a less nothing season, being extremely talented and top 6, and ending as a nothing.

It JUST came across my mind that there was actually another game on the schedule. This might be the biggest epitome of an embarrassing season that you want to end in the history of Auburn football. Probably would've felt better if we never actually had a chance to win than to be playing in the fourth quarter.

Even with the playoff expectations of this season, 2012 was the biggest disappointment. We were a sun belt team that year.

What was the score of the 2012 iron bowl? I can't recall but wasn't it something like 49-0. The team quit on the coaches. This team hasn't quit on this coaching staff

It JUST came across my mind that there was actually another game on the schedule. This might be the biggest epitome of an embarrassing season that you want to end in the history of Auburn football. Probably would've felt better if we never actually had a chance to win than to be playing in the fourth quarter.

Even with the playoff expectations of this season, 2012 was the biggest disappointment. We were a sun belt team that year.

We went from a projected mediocre team to (blank)

This year we went from a projected championship contender to a below mediocre team

No we need an upgrade at wr. On defense we need some linebackers and Cass has been playing awesome we'll need somebody to replace him as well. We need help on online as well or just need them to improve

Oline played well against that front of nfl first rounders. Nick Marshall would have tore it up tonight.

we would have embarrassed that Bama team with Marshall and Duke

this Alabama team is a fraud in a year of frauds. Nothing more nothing less. Clemson looked even more fraudulent today unfortunately. If there was ever a year for them to win another championship, it'd probably be this one.

this Alabama team is a fraud in a year of frauds. Nothing more nothing less. Clemson looked even more fraudulent today unfortunately. If there was ever a year for them to win another championship, it'd probably be this one.

This may be true, but who will stop them?!

Florida, Iowa, Sparty, Clemson, ND - who?

I hope someone does.

Generally agree.....the playoffs will be a matter of match-ups ...depending on a hot QB or mismatch on team strengths. All in all though, bama's defense and their OL might be enough to get it done....dominate time of possession and keep the scoring low.

This may be true, but who will stop them?!

Florida, Iowa, Sparty, Clemson, ND - who?

I hope someone does.

Clemson causes the biggest match up issue for them.

Has anyone else done the math. I'm not blaming countess for the loss, he is the one to stop Henry on that 4th down. If he had made that pick six, it would have been a 10 point swing. We were down by 9 with :26 to play in the fourth. It was the story of this teams season. Missed opportunities. I am proud of how this team played and didn't give up. Props to the seniors and everyone for playing their butts off.

Who cares what the "experts" picked us to finish? They were just as clueless as us. In 2012, that team quit on its coach and got him fired. I don't know how you top that in terms of embarrassment. Seriously, how old are you? The more you live, the more you'll notice things don't exactly turn out the way you want them to. Is every disappointment and embarrassment? If so, be prepared to get "embarrassed" quite a bit in real life.

How can you Alabama a fraud? just they looked pretty dang strong all year. If anything, our coaching staff is a fraud. If you want black me again for posting my thoughts, go ahead. In closing, I am pissed at the way this whole has played out. Awful playing and coaching all year. We should want a lot more out of this staff then what they've been dishing out in 3 years.

We keep saying that but they keep winning...

It's true, but they win SEC championships during their down years. Seriously.

We fire coaches.

Who cares what the "experts" picked us to finish? They were just as clueless as us. In 2012, that team quit on its coach and got him fired. I don't know how you top that in terms of embarrassment. Seriously, how old are you? The more you live, the more you'll notice things don't exactly turn out the way you want them to. Is every disappointment and embarrassment? If so, be prepared to get "embarrassed" quite a bit in real life.

2012 quit in the middle of the TAMU Game... played LSU tough but after that the D just packed it in.....which I blame on Van Gorder....what a rip-off he was as a DC. AU should have sued him for non-performance.

Don't know what was going on between him and Chiz but I recall VG's negative comments about his players which was not going to win their loyalty.

How can you Alabama a fraud? just they looked pretty dang strong all year. If anything, our coaching staff is a fraud. If you want black me again for posting my thoughts, go ahead. In closing, I am pissed at the way this whole has played out. Awful playing and coaching all year. We should want a lot more out of this staff then what they've been dishing out in 3 years.

You mean black list you? :dunno:

Plenty of blame to go around. Actually they played as a whole, much better the first half than any game this year. Again a lot of the problem was play calling. We still did not get the tempo going. When we did on our second drive, then as soon as we got inside the ten Gus called a timeout. Don't know who is calling the offense but they are killing this team. Every time we got some momentum they would call something exactly opposite of what was working. Gus/Rhett was with their standard run up the middle on first downs, which put us at second and long right off the bat. Once you put the QB in an automatic passing situation you drop the odds of it being successful. You have to win first down both on offense and defense and we just did not do that. AU did not tackle well. The first TD coker was hit twice and had someone wrapped up would have been on the ground and there would not have been a TD. Also a third down just before it saw the same result. Lawson made the team better, but he did not play anywhere near what he did in the later part of 2013. I don't think he was fully recovered from his injury. Going forward, AU must have a QB that can handle things. I am a JJ fan but he still can't seem to stay calm. Some of those passes just needed better control and he seemed to get to overwhelmed. Sean I think will prove to be too small and not durable enough for the game. He has a great arm and would be good anywhere but the SEC. The defenses are to fast and strong and he will probably be hurt again. I think the only way we improve is for Rhett to move on and Gus to bring in someone he can respect criticism from. At this point I am not too optimistic about next year unless some major changes are made. If next year repeats this one Gus will be gone. JJ needs to not give any raises or extensions this year, and let all of the coaches know that next year cannot repeat this one. SEC West is tough and you can't let this get to far down. Look how long UT has taken to get back. WDE

Actually we might be better to bring in a new QB every year. We haven't had one QB in Gus/Rhett's system that did well. Sean and JJ and even NM was not as good the second year as the first. Todd, Cam and NM in his first year were better. Maybe we need a new QB coach. WDE

Proud of the guys really, everyone said we did not have a chance, but we did. Lord help JJ find a new home. Bring on the bowl game. Lets move along , nothing to see here.

The oline actually opened up daylight for our running backs, but we went away from the run when we had them reeling. Then we throw incomplete passes and punt.

^This, and it's maddening to watch.

This season was supposed to be great because we had the players to be great. This season was a failure because certain players ended up stinking and our coaches refused to play others in their place. Our coaches also repeatedly choose to call terrible plays when others were working. We had a RB doing great in this game and many others and they take him out???? Then we run well and they call pass plays??? They take players that are starting to have great games and take them out. Quite frankly, did they just expect JJ to turn into someone else? We saw what he was capable of and no matter how hard you try and hide him in the game you know that any good team has to eventually have a QB that can step up and lead and MAKE PLAYS. That just didn't happen and it was never going to. But Gus refused to accept it. One of my biggest gripes is the total and complete lack of guts to go for it on 4th down. We were getting more than 2 every carry with Robinson and we don't go for it? What the hell do you have to lose?? The only chance we had was to score TDs instead of FGs against them and we kick FGs on 4th and 1 or 2 on THIER SIDE OF THE FIELD!!! That is a joke and I am not happy with that kind of coaching and I think many other people are not either.

Plenty of blame to go around. Actually they played as a whole, much better the first half than any game this year. Again a lot of the problem was play calling. We still did not get the tempo going. When we did on our second drive, then as soon as we got inside the ten Gus called a timeout. Don't know who is calling the offense but they are killing this team. Every time we got some momentum they would call something exactly opposite of what was working. Gus/Rhett was with their standard run up the middle on first downs, which put us at second and long right off the bat. Once you put the QB in an automatic passing situation you drop the odds of it being successful. You have to win first down both on offense and defense and we just did not do that. AU did not tackle well. The first TD coker was hit twice and had someone wrapped up would have been on the ground and there would not have been a TD. Also a third down just before it saw the same result. Lawson made the team better, but he did not play anywhere near what he did in the later part of 2013. I don't think he was fully recovered from his injury. Going forward, AU must have a QB that can handle things. I am a JJ fan but he still can't seem to stay calm. Some of those passes just needed better control and he seemed to get to overwhelmed. Sean I think will prove to be too small and not durable enough for the game. He has a great arm and would be good anywhere but the SEC. The defenses are to fast and strong and he will probably be hurt again. I think the only way we improve is for Rhett to move on and Gus to bring in someone he can respect criticism from. At this point I am not too optimistic about next year unless some major changes are made. If next year repeats this one Gus will be gone. JJ needs to not give any raises or extensions this year, and let all of the coaches know that next year cannot repeat this one. SEC West is tough and you can't let this get to far down. Look how long UT has taken to get back. WDE

Just a note that Coker is about the same size as JJ...in the 240 pound range....and yet was able to shake tackles and bulldoze for yards. He bailed his team out of a couple instances when it looked like AU had him sacked. Would have liked to see something like that on our side.

Archived