The Official Meltdown Thread

thaitopher

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

‘Gary, of course, is the consensus top player in this year’s recruiting cycle. He is down to a few select schools and has already taken official visits to Michigan (Sept. 25) and Ole Miss (Nov. 21). Last weekend, he took an official visit to Auburn (Nov. 28), and his mother was with him.

Coney spoke at length with Muschamp on the visit and walked away under the impression he would remain the Tigers defensive coordinator. Much has changed over the past week. And since news broke of Muschamp’s imminent departure, Coney said neither her nor her son has heard from members of the Auburn staff.

She described the lack of communication as “disheartening.”

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/mother-of-nations-no-1-recruit-auburns-lack-of-communication-disheartening

‘Gary, of course, is the consensus top player in this year’s recruiting cycle. He is down to a few select schools and has already taken official visits to Michigan (Sept. 25) and Ole Miss (Nov. 21). Last weekend, he took an official visit to Auburn (Nov. 28), and his mother was with him.

Coney spoke at length with Muschamp on the visit and walked away under the impression he would remain the Tigers defensive coordinator. Much has changed over the past week. And since news broke of Muschamp’s imminent departure, Coney said neither her nor her son has heard from members of the Auburn staff.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/mother-of-nations-no-1-recruit-auburns-lack-of-communication-disheartening

:rolleyes:

What should they call and say? We're not sure what's going to happen yet? Are these recruits and parents so prima donna that they are disheartened when someone doesn't call them for a whole week? Guess they fit right in here at the meltdown thread lol

https://www.seccount...n-disheartening

It seems as if UGA or Bama hasn't contacted either. I'm not sure how this works, but I guess I would expect Gus to at least give a phone call and tell Rashaan the situation was fluid and he would be kept up to date? I don't know, I got nothin...

I'm beyond pissed. Knew Gus would pull this crap. He never ceases to amaze me

Lmao. What did Gus "pull" exactly?

If it's not obvious to you idk what to say. Lol really not in the mood for a back and forth argument today about how competent or incompetent Gus is. Just venting my opinion

Better get ready for the real meltdown soon

Yeah, I'm not in the mood to fake melt any more.

Did we not offer TRob the DC position?!

If we offered and he declined, fine -- not good, but then we'd at least have tried.

But if we only offered him to stay at Auburn, and not the DC position, then good for TRob! And very very bad for us!

We all certianly want to know. We may have been able to maintain our D recruiting and maintained consistency had TRob stayed but this is devasatating to AU football. It's also a big slap in the face. If LT also goes, he is basically leaving the school and the program hi and dry. Yes it's a business but this is really bad.

Yeah Gary's Mother never wanted him to come to the south anyway. He's a Michigan guy in my opinion besides as long as he does not commit to Ole Miss, Georgia, LSU, or bama its the best of luck to him from me.

Sigh. Losing Muschamp, Trob, now Bentley, and talks about Thompson going as well.

Bentley too! Looks like "the house" is being cleaned for us.

Sigh. Losing Muschamp, Trob, now Bentley, and talks about Thompson going as well.

Bentley too! Looks like "the house" is being cleaned for us.

Really couldn't have asked for it to go any better. Made WM the highly paid DC expecting championships, have a roller coaster season going 6-6 instead with the offense going in the tank and talk about how bad our culture was, WM goes to SC and basically takes our entire defensive staff as well as Bentley who some felt was going to get a promotion here.

Do you know something golf?

At 10:25, I'm wondering if he was referring to the T-Rob news that had just broke

At 10:25, I'm wondering if he was referring to the T-Rob news that had just broke

No use asking him, now, anyway. That long ago, he forgot whatever it was he knew then.

No use asking him, now, anyway. That long ago, he forgot whatever it was he knew then.

augolf is in tune with the disaster that is happening (which is a continuation of the Chizik experiment disaster).

Cole Cubelic@colecubelic 10m10 minutes ago

Auburn will accept an invitation to the Birmingham Bowl in the next hour.

Will play Memphis.

Hmmm ... Not sure I like our odds, if true.

Cole Cubelic@colecubelic 10m10 minutes ago

Auburn will accept an invitation to the Birmingham Bowl in the next hour.

Will play Memphis.

We'll possibly get slaughtered...

We should name our number of field goals through!

I hope Champ takes Rhett with him, but we're not that lucky.

But. We're going to get better.

Right? Right?

?

dumb-and-dumber-jaccuzi-bff-gif.gif

Archived