The Official Meltdown Thread

thaitopher

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tumblr_lpui38MDb61r18ctxo2_250.gif

Better get ready for the real meltdown soon

Do you know something golf?

At 10:25, I'm wondering if he was referring to the T-Rob news that had just broke

No use asking him, now, anyway. That long ago, he forgot whatever it was he knew then.

augolf is in tune with the disaster that is happening (which is a continuation of the Chizik experiment disaster).

I know. Just giving golf a hard time since, you know, he's old.

So we're 6-6 going into a boring bowl game and losing what seems like our entire defensive coaching staff, which proved to be the better staff the season, all while our biggest rival is going to their second consecutive playoff. But it's okay cause we're family and we're gonna get better right? It's great to be an Auburn Tiger, War Eagle...I guess.

If T-Rob, Thompson, and Bentley all go with Muschamp to eUSC that should tell you everything you need to know about the state and direction of our football program. Maybe we can at least be reminded of what great head coaches Malzahn (and Chiz) have been because of national championship games appearances, lol.

Was just thinking that the Auburn Family deserves better. Doesn't seem to be too much to expect at all.

This. Until we hire someone who wants to run the program like the big, results-oriented business that it (for better or worse) is instead of "Family" though this is the kind of mediocrity we can expect.

Was just thinking that the Auburn Family deserves better. Doesn't seem to be too much to expect at all.

This. Until we hire someone who wants to run the program like the big, results-oriented business that it (for better or worse) is instead of "Family" though this is the kind of mediocrity we can expect.

Couldn't have said it better myself. In fact I have said that exact thing myself on this forum and people don't like it.

Bentley? When did we lose Coach Bentley?

Probably right after Joey Gatewood commited to Auburn, but that's just my guess.

Couldn't have said it better myself. In fact I have said that exact thing myself on this forum and people don't like it.

I'd rather have both. Some things are more valuable than a dynasty.

Agreed. This whole 'family' vs. 'business' talk is ridiculous, IMO.

I see it every time we have an issue.

I see it every time we have an issue.

I guess I see it in the constant rumblings about lack of discipline, a need to "change the culture", etc. Maybe I'm off base but it's been a problem the past two regimes that have heavily sold the "family" thing- has worked in recruiting fairly well but not translating to on-field results.

Just curious to see opinions about this. Would you rather have the coaches that are leaving us, or the coaches that are staying with us?

Well, you generally don't know who's with you till the $..t hits the fan and the rats jump ship. I'll take those who choose to stay of their own free will every time, win or lose.

Just curious to see opinions about this. Would you rather have the coaches that are leaving us, or the coaches that are staying with us?

Well, you generally don't know who's with you till the $..t hits the fan and the rats jump ship. I'll take those who choose to stay of their own free will every time, win or lose.

Maybe but there was some positive things happening on that side of the ball. Any momentum heading into next year just got shot to hell.

Archived