Peyton Barber declares for draft

autig90

It's hard to get three different backs adequate carries much less 4. Especially when the offense can't sustain drives. I think he's making the right move. Stats will be down for him next year as Jovon was rising at the end of this year. And plus, with Barber's running style getting paid to play RB ASAP is a good decision IMO. But boy did he will AU to some wins this season and we owe him one because he was the difference in at least 2 games and we probably would be sitting at 4-8 without him in 2015.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt he's drafted, but his stock won't go up with another year. Hopefully he can get a FA deal with a team needing a tough, team player. Good luck, Peyton!

Not many RBs get drafted early these days but lots of non-drafted guys end up playing somewhere. He's not speedy but a good all around RB as someone described.....can block, heavy duty runner, pass catcher, etc. I expect him to be playing on Sundays in the next year or two. Hope he does well.

I think I realized Gus and Rhett were going to make him second string at best, so he went while the going was as good as it'll get. It would be nice to have him run up the middle next year to soften it up for Kerryon and Jovon. That said, Kerryon and Jovon are better, so Auburn will be ok at RB next year. I wish him the best. I doubt he gets drafted, but hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

I will miss. I hope an NFL team is smart enough to give him the chance he deserves. WDE Peyton.

Still got Jovon, Kerryon, Roc, Kam, plus Malik coming in this year. This might open up a chance at one new guy by Signing Day as well.

Totally surprised. I think Jovon is a sure in to start next year anyways. Especially how well he played towards the end. And he will have a year in the offense under this belt. We need another big back though because KR and Roc won't cut it. In a perfect world Roc would move to WR (he's talented in open space), KR stays at RB and that new Freshman coming in can spell Jovon when he needs it. Wish Barber the best!

Im not sold on any of our backs. Not JR or roc. Now Barber is gone. Just an opinion. Don't get butt hurt

Robinson is a solid back who could become spectacular, if he puts his mind to it. Roc can be great, but he's got to work on his injury issues. Hopefully this season helped the S&C team pinpoint areas to work on. If Kerryon can build on what he did last year, he has serious potential as well. Put any one of then behind bama's front 5, this year, and they rack up 1500+ yards each.

Great AU Heart in that young man. God Speed and War Eagle !!!

Im not sold on any of our backs. Not JR or roc. Now Barber is gone. Just an opinion. Don't get butt hurt

Robinson is a solid back who could become spectacular, if he puts his mind to it. Roc can be great, but he's got to work on his injury issues. Hopefully this season helped the S&C team pinpoint areas to work on. If Kerryon can build on what he did last year, he has serious potential as well. Put any one of then behind bama's front 5, this year, and they rack up 1500+ yards each.

All Great points. KJ will be deadly.

Go get paid, Peyton. Thanks for all your hard work. Don't mind all the naysayers who don't seem to understand that running backs do a lot more than run the ball.

This was certainly unexpected. Peyton served us mightily this year when we became one dimentional due to QB issues and lack of RBs due to injuries. If we are able to avoid those situations next year then PB would certainly not see the field so much and he realized that. He was a real team player and will be missed. All we can do is wish him the best. War Eagle, Peyton.

Wish the young man the best of luck this should give Kerrryon and Roc mor carries and may help malik Miller get a few carries. I am sssuming JR will be the everydown back

...? Surprised he didn't wait until at least next year... Didn't he have two more years? If not then I guess it doesn't really matter in terms of his draft stock. Probably couldn't go up much more due to us being pretty full at RB. Hate to see him go though. He saved us in a few games... Best of wishes! WDE! :largeAU:

Seems to me the only way to react to this news is by being happy for him. Its obviously a decision that weighed heavy on him and his family and it sounds as if they came together on his moving on. I wish him nothing but the very best and I will always pull for him in the future.

war eagle Peyton..go do your thing!

Peyton is a very tough runner and the most durable back we had, hands down. The other 3 RBs (Jovon, KJ and Roc) all have more natural ability but none have/had Peyton's durability. Even though Peyton doesn't have their top end speed, he is quick through the line of scrimmage, which is important in the NFL. We are going to need another good inside runner to help out JR.

So whether Peyton is drafted or becomes a free agent, the NFL interest in him will probably never be higher than it is right now. If you take that into account then declaring for the NFL draft is a very understandable decision on his part. Good luck Peyton and thanks for all you did for Auburn. You made Auburn proud.

Surprising but it does make sense in retrospect. Likely not to get the same amount of carries next year. Will surely be a free agent pick up given the diminished value or interchangeability of running backs in the NFL.

This one kind of took me by surprise. Not that he isn't talented enough but that there was no talk of him possibly leaving early. I hope he has gotten some good advice from the experts. There is a pretty impressive list of RBs in the draft this year. I wish him the very best and thank him for all he has done for Auburn.

I personally don't think he's talented enough to be drafted. He might get a look as an undrafted free agent, but I don't foresee him making a roster.

However, that being said, I do believe that Peyton's heart and determination are unmatched, so if anyone can prove the doubters wrong then it's one Peyton Barber.

In closing, I think it was obvious to everyone that Auburn had found its stallion in Jovon Robinson and he was expected to get the workload next season.

This surprised me because we still needed Peyton and he had two more freaking years of eligibility to improve upon his game and there was a lot he could get better at. He definitely needs to work with a speed coach/nutritionist/etc. to see how to obtain the most possible speed he can get out of his body.

Question for the board: Who was the slowest feature back that we've had as a starter in the last 10 years?

He will find a squad as an undrafted free agent, IMO. His stock probably wouldn't have gone much higher, especially when he would have to share carries next year as a short yardage back. No point in getting injured when RBs have such a short duration of playing anyway.

Archived