Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Originally from Bham, in Nashville now and creating a little talk....Not quite sure what I think yet but, something funky about it.

At times I love the banjo and at others I'm not sure. Mostly I like what I hear overall, though.

They have several more on youtube, think I'm gonna bite the bullet and purchase....

Her voice has a little Joplin/Stone/Maybe in it....

Something about it, I think will grow on me..

They have several more on youtube, think I'm gonna bite the bullet and purchase....

Her voice has a little Joplin/Stone/Maybe in it....

Something about it, I think will grow on me..

She seems to do a good job of staying in her lane.

I listened to another one, enjoyed it, more upbeat, one of the dudes was singing lead, banjo fit in much more nicely.

Very sad disease. The family is left with taking care of someone completely different than they knew, married and/or grew up with. Been there, done that. It is a 24/7/365 job. Horrific.

Now, having said that, not my favorite artist. He had a few songs that became classics...like this. Actually, a very good song.

From a new compilation release on Elektra Records titled, "Southern Family"...Shooter Jennings. Zac Brown, Jamey Johnson, Morgane and Chris Stapleton and a half dozen others. Not bad. Some better than others, ahhh that subjectivity.

I like this one.

The melodies and time signatures can be a bit challenging, and I'm guessing most of us don't speak Tuareg, but Bombino is a damned good guitar player (has worked with Dan Auerbach and Keith Richards before) and I am enjoying this album quite a bit so far.

Bombino - Azel - NPR First Listen

Well then let's get right back into a wheelhouse that I think most of us who regularly post here feel comfortable in. Y'all might have already heard about this, but Allen Toussaint and Warren Haynes are spearheading a tribute to 'The Last Waltz' in New Orleans in April.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/03/new-orleans-will-host-a-40th-anniversary-last-walt.html

My buddy just shared this with the following caption, which makes sense after listening (moreso the Snider than the Isbell for me).

"a more jaded Jason Isbell meets a more jaded Todd Snider...and a Canadian to boot!"

Also, earmuffs, kids: