Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Arguably my favorite Steely Dan song. 

Great pick my favorite is and good concert group as well as least most of the time

• Like 3

Alice in Chains is probably my favorite Seattle "grunge" band of the 1990's. I like a lot of their songs but my favorite AIC song wasn't even on one of their major albums. It was on an EP. 

My favorite AIC song but the video is the MTV Unplugged version, which is also awesome:

On 7/5/2017 at 6:44 PM, aubearcat said:

It is a bit melancholy. One of my favorite bass voices is the dude from The Oak Ridge Boys

Mr. Sterban is excellent. Probably no surprise (my lifetime trying to tone-match barbershop bass), he always seemed more "brassy" than is my wont, but a perfect blend-match to their (Southern-gospel toned) lead. Another good one you might be familiar with (though he seemed to think himself too "profundo" to bother blending with anyone) sang in several Disney films, did "You're a mean one..." for animated Grinch, and made a lifetime living as Tony the Tiger.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2017 at 10:23 AM, aubearcat said:

Wow, Flea! 

Serious skills there.

Any guidance on bands/whole songs to look up?

Love Aerosmith back in the 1970-78 range saw them in Huntsville around 75 or 76. I know they had a lot of hits but this is my favorite by a mile. Some my have never even heard this song before.

9 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Serious skills there.

Any guidance on bands/whole songs to look up?

I suppose it'd depend on the stuff you're really interested in. I'm very eclectic in my music. I might go from listening to Slipknot to Ralph Stanley and then maybe finish off with Smashing Pumpkins. Bastille is a newer band I really like as well as The Lumineers. 

On the subject of Flea, I didn't know he was the bands trumpeter. Him playing the lead solo in "Smells Like Teen Spirit " was indeed impressive. I started my musical journey playing the trumpet before being changed to the baritone and finally the tuba. I picked up the bass late in high school. I'm really itching to get another one. I haven't played in probably 10 years or so but... I'm ready. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Love Aerosmith back in the 1970-78 range saw them in Huntsville around 75 or 76. I know they had a lot of hits but this is my favorite by a mile. Some my have never even heard this song before.

I got to see Aerosmith on the Pump tour. It was fantastic. Joan Jett was the opening act. 

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Lou Christie blast from the pass good find salty......amazing how Steven and Lou sound the same...................:homer:

10 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

love a sax

Lost this one in the flood

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Excellent band and album

Absolute giants. Unassailable. And the guitar in this song... oh my. 

Probably posted before- and I promise I listen to more than just Jason Isbell- but this song is so good and, in this case, topical. This version is topical, too- not normally done with horns, but I love what they add. 

• Like 2

Cover of an oldie not usually done with horns.They do, however, add:

@AUld fAUx@ check these musicians out. Musicians in every sense of the word 

• Like 1

Concerning the earlier Aerosmith post, this is what's up 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, aubearcat said:

@AUld fAUx@ check these musicians out. Musicians in every sense of the word 

!!!