Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

A lot of people have no idea who Roger Hodgson is imo he was heck of a song writer if you look at all the songs he wrote. On a side note .......................telling tiger hated him Roger but I  do miss the TT

• Like 2

On 7/28/2017 at 7:01 PM, augolf1716 said:

Andrew's dad wrote the score for the movie The Exodus. Some may remember him for his Golden Girls theme song. See if you can figure out what the lyrics really mean...don't use google please

To be honest, I was never really sure. Back then, I always interpreted it as the poignant developmental backstory of a sour, grumpy old lecherous fart.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

love horns

Probably be told I'm using this wrong, but

Learn by trying:

\m/  ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Dang, I got waaaaaay behind in this thread. 

So sorry to hear about tt. 

I was thinking about him this morning. I think about him often. 

He once let slip in this thread that Jack White was a neighbor of his, and I took notice. That started a long personal conversation and a far-too-short friendship. On that note, I'm going to be selfish and post a Jack White song I love and which doesn't have much other relevance to the conversation. Will try to catch up on what everybody's been posting (and the info surrounding the songs/artists). 

• Like 3

On 7/30/2017 at 9:22 PM, SaltyTiger said:

love horns

Someone turned me onto this show recently. Basically, Daryl Hall just has people out to his house and they sing/play each other's songs, right? Good stuff. DH is getting up there, but man, he still has the hardware to get the job done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Someone turned me onto this show recently. Basically, Daryl Hall just has people out to his house and they sing/play each other's songs, right? Good stuff. DH is getting up there, but man, he still has the hardware to get the job done.

Doh!

That Daryl Hall.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I must plead confusion, Your Honor...

w./ John Oates,

not my favorite group back then, but they sold a boatload of records in the day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah not a big fan of H/O they did have one song I sorta liked. Oates looked a little like pro golfer Corey Pavin

image.png

always noticed that too. loved that shinicock hills win.

• Like 1

I remember listening to this dude back in the day. Growing up, my mother was a classical pianist and organist. I listened to all kinds of stuff. How many kids can say their first album purchase was "Fun and Games" by Chuck Mangione?

Anyway, totally self indulgent post, but a bit on topic 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I remember listening to this dude back in the day. Growing up, my mother was a classical pianist and organist. I listened to all kinds of stuff. How many kids can say their first album purchase was "Fun and Games" by Chuck Mangione?

Anyway, totally self indulgent post, but a bit on topic 

You seriously might be the only one. Like, ever. Not that it's a bad thing. Quite the opposite.

Such a tight recording. 

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Huge fan of Corey little guy like me

11 hours ago, alexava said:

i had you figured at about 6'3"

I've said it before, but I always picture Golf looking like his avi. Donald Sutherland is 6'4. 

• Like 1