Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

12 hours ago, EagleFlight34 said:

TT's favorite writer; my Dad's favorite song.

Like the song. Regret the circumstances.

The best live band I've ever seen 

• Like 1

Shoot! Weather worries made me miss the solstice, and my planned Bacchanalian.

Alas,

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

and on to 1967

My on my lots of memories water skiing on the Tn. river with about 10 girls all wanting to ride in the ski boat or ski

• Like 1

Repeat of performer, but (I think) a different performance than I've previously presented.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

My on my lots of memories water skiing on the Tn. river with about 10 girls all wanting to ride in the ski boat or ski

Was very lucky to have ample access to Lakes Martin and Jordan. And to a pontoon boat and a couple PWCs. And a friend with a very nice Mastercraft. 

Some of those weekends, I wouldn't sell back for all the money in the world. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Repeat of performer, but (I think) a different performance than I've previously presented.

By all means, repeat this performer and any performances as much as you care to. I'm an 80s kid, so when my contemporaries and I think of Chaka Khan, we don't even remember there's a Rufus. But man, that stuff in the 70s... well, I'm still learning, and enjoying that process immensely. 

• Like 1

First I heard of this young lady was a guest appearance on a Scale the Summit album (I'm a math rock dweeb) a few days ago. I'm hooked.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2017 at 9:58 PM, SaltyTiger said:

69 is reserved for Golf 

There's a joke in here somewhere.

Wet-eared youngster that I am, however, I'm in no, uh, position to assist. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

By all means, repeat this performer and any performances as much as you care to. I'm an 80s kid, so when my contemporaries and I think of Chaka Khan, we don't even remember there's a Rufus. But man, that stuff in the 70s... well, I'm still learning, and enjoying that process immensely. 

Well, change of pace?

Not a chart-topper, but I kind'a like this BeeGees cover...

...and though Ms. Khan had already joined the group, this one's instrumental

2 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

First I heard of this young lady was a guest appearance on a Scale the Summit album (I'm a math rock dweeb) a few days ago. I'm hooked.

Excellent, and I'd never even heard of the genre. Would I exposing my old ignorance if I said I was minded of some old "Yes" pieces? Though they never really cut the cord, their straining against it was awfully well structured.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Excellent, and I'd never even heard of the genre. Would I exposing my old ignorance if I said I was minded of some old "Yes" pieces? Though they never really cut the cord, their straining against it was awfully well structured.

Not surprised you're hearing echoes of progressive rock's pioneers. Math rock most definitely came about from prog rock, particularly bands like King Crimson and Yes.

Math rock, much like prog rock, relies on complex time signatures and showcases technical ability, though I would say math rock is a little more self indulgent about it (I often call mathy, prog metal bands like Dream Theater "musical masturbation"). 

Edited by Bigbens42
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

There's a joke in here somewhere.

Wet-eared youngster that I am, however, I'm in no, uh, position to assist. 

just reserving that year for Golf. I am kind like that......but you can fill if you wish faux

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

just reserving that year for Golf. I am kind like that......but you can fill if you wish faux

Many Thanks and sweet of you to offer, but any attempt to fill would be, indeed, faux on my part.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Not surprised you're hearing echoes of progressive rock's pioneers. Math rock most definitely came about from prog rock, particularly bands like King Crimson and Yes.

Math rock, much like prog rock, relies on complex time signatures and showcases technical ability, though I would say math rock is a little more self indulgent about it (I often call mathy, prog metal bands like Dream Theater "musical masturbation"). 

Your masturbatory reference reminded me of a bit older, more obscure piece. Though this guy was never influential in much of anything, would it be stretching the conceit beyond breaking point to say he was at least sniffing around the developmental trailhead?

• Like 1