Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Okay. Still trying to cool the room, but maintaining industrial. Which I have a story to tell. 

Circa 1999, 15 years young SMB was accompanied by Father SMB(and 3 of my friends)to 5 Points Music Hall to see these guys, Powerman 5000, and Dope. I'll never forget when my buddy went down into the pit only to come back wipe a thick layer of slime(sweat) off his arm, as laid upon him by a female headbanger...to which we all had a raucous good laugh.

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

In the meantime, I don't think any band can cover Stairway and beat the original. And yes, I'm well aware of the Spirit tie-in.

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

9 hours ago, alexava said:

This is an emotional song for me. Has been since the first time I heard it. TT stated it may be his overall favorite song too. We passed a few pms about it and a few other things. I guess it will carry more meaning now than it did originally for me.  

Posted it for him. Glad it carried some weight for you, too. What a song.

11 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Another good video, song is once again whatever. 

Hope I provide no offense but

ick?

12 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Nearly positive this is a re-post, but everyone needs a refresher. 

In answer to your earlier question, never heard of Iron & Wine but, it seems, could become a fan fairly easily. As to this song, I offer a slightly different take:

12 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

TOOL's No Quarter is better than Led Zeppelin's. Yes or no? If no, provide reasons why. 

Many Thanks. Never heard it.

Again, apologies for any unintentional offense, but

No. This one's greater use of "bent" notes (guitar) and "sliding" (slurring?) between notes with the electronics and voices seems to muddy things a bit, an effect somewhat enhanced by the seeming slower (slogging?) tempo.

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Love a good weekend run from @ShocksMyBrain!

Some time back, I challenged you to find an angry metal cover to "Don't worry, be happy."

In a similar vein, I would not have believed it possible (before a few posts up) to find such a creepy version of "Summer Breeze," especially one so well performed. My education continues.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Pretty bonkers. I dig it. Was that Larry Munson sounding dude a dj?

If I remember correctly no he wasn't. I think he was someone in the music business. Not 100% sure

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

agree - Alex. You are a dirty old man. Go re-model your kitchen.

It is on the to do list.