Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Y'all remember this? Back in the 80s, Ralph Macchio could learn how to do anything in about 10 minutes and then beat the best guy in town at it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Y'all remember this? Back in the 80s, Ralph Macchio could learn how to do anything in about 10 minutes and then beat the best guy in town at it.

I was thinking about this movie a couple weeks ago. I need to watch it again. Lol the person I was mentioning this to had no recollection of it. I probably only saw it that one time. 

• Like 1

i'm not a Beatles fan at all never tried to see them in concert but I do have two favorite songs. Helter is the best.......................Charlie anyone

• Like 1

I know I have posted this song multiple times here but it is the damn best song from Woodstock. If you did not live in those times I will tell you I use to have nightmares that the damn war would never end

• Like 2

^^^^like like like like like^^^

Helter Skelter might not technically be "heavy metal", but it is absolutely metal AF. 

Can't imagine living through Vietnam and the draft. A lot of amazing art at least. 

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

^^^^like like like like like^^^

Helter Skelter might not technically be "heavy metal", but it is absolutely metal AF. 

Can't imagine living through Vietnam and the draft. A lot of amazing art at least. 

Art and hippie girls...........

• Like 1

On 7/24/2017 at 7:35 PM, augolf1716 said:

I know I have posted this song multiple times here but it is the damn best song from Woodstock. If you did not live in those times I will tell you I use to have nightmares that the damn war would never end

I think I followed behind you just enough that my first worrisomely low lottery number came the year we held a draft but did't call up anyone.

As an aside, compare chord structure of this song to the old "Muskrat Ramble."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I absolutely love Carole King one of the best song writers ever and give a damn good concert. I can listen to her all day...

Agree on all points and, on the last, I have....more than once.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2017 at 8:00 PM, AUld fAUx@ said:

Agree on all points and, on the last, I have....more than once.

Love some Carole King. Had all the old 8 tracks. Never realized she did Locomotion. Wife got the old Richard Simmons tapes ( Dancing to the Oldies) to exercise with during the winter a few years back. Locomotion one of the songs. Side note-great workout. Especially after a few beers. Auburn Police department used the workout at one time for exercise according to a couple of my buddies on the force. 

On 7/24/2017 at 10:16 AM, McLoofus said:

...learn how to do anything in about 10 minutes and then beat the best guy in town at it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Fun bar game during the 2014 World Cup: yell "AMERICA!" during a lull and see what the response to the call was. 

• Like 1

Returning to good band and a good album.

I know somebody's also done a decent cover of this one. My radio station (WZEW) played it last week but, as their damn' habit, didn't tell me who performed it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Returning to good band and a good album.

I know somebody's also done a decent cover of this one. My radio station (WZEW) played it last week but, as their damn' habit, didn't tell me who performed it.

Can't get much better then The Band I love me some Levon

• Like 1

I may posts a few obscure songs I enjoyed for certain reason. This first will frick you out cause the video is just weird. But Mouth was from the Netherlands and had some success for a while as for Macneal the female not so much

I don't expect our younger members to enjoy this but you never know.

Andrew's dad wrote the score for the movie The Exodus. Some may remember him for his Golden Girls theme song. See if you can figure out what the lyrics really mean...don't use google please

• Like 1

Ok this one is different I do not like most disco music but this has a special meaning.  The 1975 Golden State Warriors were playing in the NBA championship against the Washington Bullets Warriors were a huge underdog and I was a fan of Rick Barry who played for the Warriors. The  underdog Warriors won in four games, sweeping the heavily-favored Bullets. 

This song was the song played over and over during the series

Look at those dance moves