Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Just now, augolf1716 said:

God can't tell you how many times I ended player with players like this standing and standing and standing over their ball before they it 150 yards off the tee ...........................and worst yet with the biggest slice since golf was invented.

Amen. In my last 10 years or so, it's been darts. Great got ahmighty.

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I know what you mean...life rough and then you die

Getting old beats any alternative I can think of.

Gonna live forever or die trying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bet you guys thought you would never know someone who saw T Rex in concert.........well I saw he twice. My old girlfriend, from Miami, at AU was a huge fan. This girl was a concert going girl who got me into it. As long as she was paying for it what the hell. Damn girl was as hippie as they get who never purchased books but made straight A's at AU and was one of the biggest marijuana supplier at Auburn. Also same story for David  both these songs werre great in concert. I will say David was a better overall concert

• Like 2

On 2/23/2018 at 7:25 PM, augolf1716 said:

Bet you guys thought you would never know someone who saw T Rex in concert.........well I saw he twice. My old girlfriend, from Miami, at AU was a huge fan. This girl was a concert going girl who got me into it. As long as she was paying for it what the hell. Damn girl was as hippie as they get who never purchased books but made straight A's at AU and was one of the biggest marijuana supplier at Auburn. Also same story for David  both these songs werre great in concert. I will say David was a better overall concert

I think I would have enjoyed being a late teens/early 20s dude in that era. I know it's been beaten to death, but I really don't think we'll ever top the 60s through mid 70s.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2018 at 12:29 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

******* loveVulfpeck. 

Again, limited to one reaction, but

Thanks (as well) for continued exposure.

Familiarity is not breeding w./ this crowd.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think I would have enjoyed being a late teens/early 20s dude in that era. I know it's been beaten to death, but I really don't think we'll ever top the 60s through mid 70s.

Well,

sometimes displayed more energy than polish

and, of course, we had to deal with horse manure in the streets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Well,

sometimes displayed more energy than polish

and, of course, we had to deal with horse manure in the streets.

I didn't realize that Johnny Winter got his start playing covers in strip mall bars?? Man. This is... energetic... and not... polished... Love the guy and love the song, though. Bass player is having some fun with it.

My introduction to the song was in that scene in 'Mean Streets'. Nothing more appropriate than being introduced to Rolling Stones... not as shallow?... cuts and Scorsese at the same time. Dude knows how to put rock'n'roll in a movie. Particularly the Stones. And of course it was much later that I learned of 'The Last Waltz'. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I didn't realize that Johnny Winter got his start playing covers in strip mall bars?? Man. This is... energetic... and not... polished... Love the guy and love the song, though. Bass player is having some fun with it.

My introduction to the song was in that scene in 'Mean Streets'. Nothing more appropriate than being introduced to Rolling Stones... not as shallow?... cuts and Scorsese at the same time. Dude knows how to put rock'n'roll in a movie. Particularly the Stones. And of course it was much later that I learned of 'The Last Waltz'. 

Never saw this movie, but saw one where Whoopie Goldberg was driven nuts trying to figure out the lyrics to the (Stones' version) song.

20 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Never saw this movie, but saw one where Whoopie Goldberg was driven nuts trying to figure out the lyrics to the (Stones' version) song.

Is that what the eponymous movie was about?!?

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

What you don't think disco tops that time in music..............................:poke:but I do agree with you. Of course I'm a little bias. Some of the best concerts ever from Jackie Wilson to David Bowie or The Temptations to CSNY

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Is that what the eponymous movie was about?!?

an essential (apparently enough to rate a clip, below) component of it, but can't recommend the movie, or even the clip.

Actually, sorry I brought it up.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

What you don't think disco tops that time in music..............................:poke:but I do agree with you. Of course I'm a little bias. Some of the best concerts ever from Jackie Wilson to David Bowie or The Temptations to CSNY

I feel like you guys saw a lot of things for the first time. Not sure kids get that same sense now. The last time I felt like we had entered uncharted territory, no pun intended, was when MTV debuted Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Pretty sure that's the closest I'll ever get to Elvis/The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show. 

• Like 2

METALLICA  in Birmingham 01/22/2019. I’m there! I saw them 26 years ago in Birmingham and I’m not going to miss this show. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I feel like you guys saw a lot of things for the first time. Not sure kids get that same sense now. The last time I felt like we had entered uncharted territory, no pun intended, was when MTV debuted Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Pretty sure that's the closest I'll ever get to Elvis/The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show. 

The first “remember where I was” music moment was when the Thriller video was released on network tv. Not sure that qualifies uncharted music territory, but it sure stuck in my brain.

Just for clarity, I also remember when 94.7 WTYX in Jackson,MS played “She’s like the Wind” in a continuous loop for almost 24 hours because there was a rumor that Patrick Swayze had been spotted in town and they wanted him to come to the studio. Just a fool(s) to believe that he would show up....

Ahhhh, the complicated music montage that occupies my brain can be very confusing.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The first “remember where I was” music moment was this song. I know weird but it is what it is. I was raised in a 4 room sharecroppers type house in Mountain Star, Al.  we had a outhouse. That's not a town its a 4 way stop. I thought this song was a real story and he really had to wake up his date. Had this song on a 45 and played it over and over. On Saturdays we would go over to my grandfather Papa Aycock's house and listen to the Grand Old Opry on the radio.

yep I'm old as dirt

• Like 3

Shocks got me on Alice n Chains now. Actually about three weeks ago i heard this in the car (always liked it, just didn't know the inspiration of it) looked up the meaning and been playing it a lot since.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1