Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It sounds awesome in theory, but I've never really heard a firsthand account. 

Here we go:

We went the first year they increased capacity. Stood in one line to get wristbands for 45 minutes. Then we had to go stand in another line for at least 2 hours, when the gates should have been opened. That’s how I got so burnt. 

Thousands of people packed on the asphalt “concourse”, which was pretty much the only way to get from one main stage to the other...unless you want to walk across the burning hot sand. Very little shade to escape to except the tents...which were jam packed as well. 

Waited in line for a Jerry Roll(giant vegetarian egg roll) for 45 minutes. I’ve bought them in parking lots after Phish shows in 5 minutes. 

Only had one water station, so most people just filled their canteens, packs, etc. from the beach showers. 

The best part about each day was getting on the shuttle to go back to the condo. 

I don’t know what it’s like now, but I won’t go back unless it’s VIP(they have pools you can watch the main stages from). Easily one of the worst concert experiences I’ve ever been present for. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Old, but...Tom DeLonge though 

Edited by aubearcat
  • Like 1

AvA   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Here we go:

We went the first year they increased capacity. Stood in one line to get wristbands for 45 minutes. Then we had to go stand in another line for at least 2 hours, when the gates should have been opened. That’s how I got so burnt. 

Thousands of people packed on the asphalt “concourse”, which was pretty much the only way to get from one main stage to the other...unless you want to walk across the burning hot sand. Very little shade to escape to except the tents...which were jam packed as well. 

Waited in line for a Jerry Roll(giant vegetarian egg roll) for 45 minutes. I’ve bought them in parking lots after Phish shows in 5 minutes. 

Only had one water station, so most people just filled their canteens, packs, etc. from the beach showers. 

The best part about each day was getting on the shuttle to go back to the condo. 

I don’t know what it’s like now, but I won’t go back unless it’s VIP(they have pools you can watch the main stages from). Easily one of the worst concert experiences I’ve ever been present for. 

This just sounds like so much nightmare. The last big music festival I went to was in NOLA...outdoors at the UNO arena...in August. Never again. 

We have been going to that part of the beach in the fall for 10 years now. We cut out our summer trip to the beach all together 7 years ago, mostly due to the crowds. We had beach crowd amnesia last year and went back during the summer. Amnesia has cleared up. Won't be doing that again for a while. Back to fall only. Not that I mind crowds, per se, but crowds, heat, sunburn, traffic. Yeah, there's a reason I work in the woods. 

Apologies for the sidebar.

On 1/31/2018 at 10:00 AM, aubearcat said:

I love these dudes. They get played on my Spotify Marshall Tucker Band file

This is hard to beat. Have you watched the Levon documentary? 

Love Marshal Tucker band too. Just recently learned how that name came about. 

• Like 1

Where can I find the documentary?

4 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Old, but...Tom DeLonge though 

and some competence on drums

6 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

The Band’s The Last Waltz is one of the best concert movies of all time. 

I need to find it. 

20 hours ago, alexava said:

I need to find it. 

20 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It was on one of the streaming services for a little while. 

Haven't test driven, but youtube seems to have a couple'a copies.

10 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Lo!

Thread and (Lent-imminent) Season converge!

Derek Trucks did a great interview with Marc Maron where, among other things, he discussed going up to the Pink House and jamming with Levon and Danko and some of the others. He talked a little bit about how he went in there wanting to shred and impress them and such, and they basically told him to chill out, and taught him about creating space between the notes so that everything could breathe and inhabit its own place. I thought it was a great way of articulating one of the things that gives them such a unique sound. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Derek Trucks did a great interview with Marc Maron where, among other things, he discussed going up to the Pink House and jamming with Levon and Danko and some of the others. He talked a little bit about how he went in there wanting to shred and impress them and such, and they basically told him to chill out, and taught him about creating space between the notes so that everything could breathe and inhabit its own place. I thought it was a great way of articulating one of the things that gives them such a unique sound. 

Had to Google Mr. Maron, and still not sure I got it right. Great wording, though. 

I have, for some time, kept up with Mr. Trucks, and I believe that he has greatly influenced Ms. Tedeschi's playing (her voice/stylistics never needed work) for the much better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Had to Google Mr. Maron, and still not sure I got it right. Great wording, though. 

I have, for some time, kept up with Mr. Trucks, and I believe that he has greatly influenced Ms. Tedeschi's playing (her voice/stylistics never needed work) for the much better.

Maron does a great podcast and definitely a music/audio nerd. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Are there wishes for a happy birthday in order?

Y'day, actually, but it was happy.

Wife (bless her heart) said yes, she would still.

Apparently I share a b'day (though not year) w./Hank Aaron.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, yeah. Rub it in. ^I remember when his first name was "Little."^

Edited by AUld fAUx@
2nd caret
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been on this lately 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1