Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

15 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I’ve been on this lately 

Familiar musical echoes in both.

Bruce Hornsby and Sir Elton?

19 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I’ve been on this lately 

His flow is still so singular and inimitable. I wish he was still around.

I got to go to the opening of "Holler If Ya Hear Me" on Broadway. At one point in the show, an old Caddy rose from the stage while "California Love" blasted and the cast all danced their asses off. I'm not a theater guy, but that was one of the single coolest things I've ever witnessed. I still get goosebumps thinking about it.

The song will never not be a banger.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Familiar musical echoes in both.

Bruce Hornsby and Sir Elton?

Yup 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alexava said:

I’ve been Pearl Jamming lately. I didn’t latch on to Grunge 25 years ago but I’m digging it now. 

Welcome. I have extra flannel if you need it. Unfortunately, my hair said “bye bye” long ago.

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Welcome. I have extra flannel if you need it. Unfortunately, my hair said “bye bye” long ago.

Never did the hair either. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

A cover of an old-school protest song:

You want protest song here is a protest song I've posted it a few times. BTW saw Kingston Trio a few times I was big into protest groups/songs........Peter, Paul, and Mary humm

• Like 1

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

You want protest song here is a protest song I've posted it a few times. BTW saw Kingston Trio a few times I was big into protest groups/songs........Peter, Paul, and Mary humm

I think The Fish lifted the tune from the old Muskrat Ramble? Did more with the lyrics though.

Last time I posted this Peter, Paul, and Mary, I think somebody responded with a metal cover that I found educational.

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And I, old responses. Don't ever apologize for CSN&Y (or CS&N for that matter). 

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

agree

but if I failed to acknowledge the repetition, some old geezer would probably make fun of my forgetfulness

22 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Didn't Mr. Springsteen also cover this one?

Yup!

11 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

but if I failed to acknowledge the repetition, some old geezer would probably make fun of my forgetfulness

Good point. I mean, it could be any old geezer. No particular geezer in mind. Nope. I mean, so many old geezers, could be any of 'em.

Image result for golf gif

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yup!

Good point. I mean, it could be any old geezer. No particular geezer in mind. Nope. I mean, so many old geezers, could be any of 'em.

and I'd hate to lose standing to make fun of said geezer

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yup!

God can't tell you how many times I ended player with players like this standing and standing and standing over their ball before they hit it 150 yards off the tee ...........................and worst yet with the biggest slice since golf was invented.