Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

5 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino is so versatile. 

His show 'Atlanta' is legit a big reason why I was sad to leave Atlanta.

43 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I was asleep....dammit.

I watched the new JT video with Stapleton last night. Impressive video, being a single take. Wasn’t crazy on ththe song, but whatever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2018 at 10:18 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

I was asleep....dammit.

Not just the years, but the mileage?

• Like 1

I've never seen nor heard of these two together, nor even thought of them as a pairing 'til the radio played this (apparently from an album I'd entirely missed) for me on my drive back home last night:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

I've never seen nor heard of these two together, nor even thought of them as a pairing 'til the radio played this (apparently from an album I'd entirely missed) for me on my drive back home last night:

Beautiful.

On 1/28/2018 at 11:18 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

I was asleep....dammit.

This sent me down one sweet ass rabbit hole, which led me to, among other things, Sturgill's last appearance on SNL. Damn, he went hard that night.

• Love 1

20 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This sent me down one sweet ass rabbit hole, which led me to, among other things, Sturgill's last appearance on SNL. Damn, he went hard that night.

I (of course?) had to continue burrowing. Memorable performance, but best sound quality I could find.

Side Note - nascent (and weird) Muppets were regulars back then.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

I (of course?) had to continue burrowing. Memorable performance, but best sound quality I could find.

Side Note - nascent (and weird) Muppets were regulars back then.

wow lots of memories with that one saw Billy in 73 or 74............... in Auburn

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

*heavy breathing as I burst through the door because I’m late to the Avett Bros everything*

These guys put on a hell of a show. And I'll always remember them fondly for shaking things up at a bluegrass festival way back in the day. They had this super raw punkgrass thing going on. Brought some much needed angst and edge to the affair. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

wow lots of memories with that one saw Billy in 73 or 74............... in Auburn

I forget (it happens sometimes). Before or after the haircut?

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

These guys put on a hell of a show. And I'll always remember them fondly for shaking things up at a bluegrass festival way back in the day. They had this super raw punkgrass thing going on. Brought some much needed angst and edge to the affair. 

My daughter introduced us. Been a regular ever since.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I say that I'm late. I have heard their music before, but I had not been able to focus on anything of their's. I caught the tail end of their "movie(?)" that Judd Apatow did on HBO the other night. I couldn't turn it off. Maybe it was Rick Rubin's presence, Idontknow. I'm officially a fanboy now. 

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 1

I love these dudes. They get played on my Spotify Marshall Tucker Band file

• Like 2

• Like 2

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I tried to sit through them at Hangout Festival 2011 I think. Unfortunately I was scorched from being in the sun all day and my wife advised that we hop on the shuttle and go back to the condo. 

I hate that festival btw. 

54 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I tried to sit through them at Hangout Festival 2011 I think. Unfortunately I was scorched from being in the sun all day and my wife advised that we hop on the shuttle and go back to the condo. 

I hate that festival btw. 

It sounds awesome in theory, but I've never really heard a firsthand account.