Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

On 1/16/2018 at 10:21 AM, AUld fAUx@ said:

Claimed to be them. Wasn't familiar enough to call'em out on it. Not the best dance band we've ever booked, and we're not reaching out for big names of late.

They would probably cost around $100000 for a private booking.

We booked 311 in 2006 and it cost us $50000

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Established duo, or a one time pairing?

Established duo that records and tours only under her name. They harmonize so well sometimes that I wasn't sure on first listen that there were 2 people singing. 

He has his own project called the Dave Rawlings Machine, about which I know little. 

I could go on and on about them as a duo, though. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

!!!

Very recent discovery for me. Pushing Wifey to book them on the island pronto. I feel I should be seeing and hearing their names almost daily around here, but of course I found out about them from NPR. :-\

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2018 at 4:20 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Will never not post this RIP

Why won't this damned site let me both like the music and thank you for the introduction?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2018 at 8:59 AM, auburnphan said:

They would probably cost around $100000 for a private booking.

We booked 311 in 2006 and it cost us $50000

Wow! From my (rather meager, I've been an out-of-town member for my decades of membership) understanding,

that would have taken a fairly significant chunk out our non-member guest-ticket take.

As expected, however, we seem to have reverted, this year, to our norm of cover bands.

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Established duo that records and tours only under her name. They harmonize so well sometimes that I wasn't sure on first listen that there were 2 people singing. 

He has his own project called the Dave Rawlings Machine, about which I know little. 

I could go on and on about them as a duo, though. 

Have seen them a bunch of times playing with bands like Old Crow Medicine how and Younder Mountain String Band and at numerous bluegrass festivals.   They are phenomenal.   I think they have done like 8 albums, pending on who has the most influence in the sound of the album is how they decide who has the lead name on the album, at least that is how it use to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, auburnphan said:

Have seen them a bunch of times playing with bands like Old Crow Medicine how and Younder Mountain String Band and at numerous bluegrass festivals.   They are phenomenal.   I think they have done like 8 albums, pending on who has the most influence in the sound of the album is how they decide who has the lead name on the album, at least that is how it use to be.

Ahhhh, okay. Very interesting, and thank you for that info. 

I've seen them mostly at Merlefest. I saw them there their first time playing it. Saw them do a workshop. Really needed to use the restroom after. Went running around looking for one and then bumped into them out in the back hallway. "Oh, uh, hey, uh, you guys were awesome." They were so nice and gracious in saying thank you and were totally prepared to have a conversation with me, but I just awkwardly said something along the lines of "k bye" and took off for the restroom. Now they're kinda famous and I'll never accidentally bump into them again in the hallway I don't think. 

They do a mean cover of White Rabbit. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Wow! From my (rather meager, I've been an out-of-town member for my decades of membership) understanding,

that would have taken a fairly significant chunk out our non-member guest-ticket take.

As expected, however, we seem to have reverted, this year, to our norm of cover bands.

Thassa party, y'all

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

SIAP

Please, don't be.

My 1st intro to this version.

Wish I could "like" it for the music, as well, but

Many Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

We definitely don't spend enough time on TVZ songs around here. What a great version of this one. 

So sorry to pull this kind'a thing again, but

TMZ? Something Tecumseh Valley-ish?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

So sorry to pull this kind'a thing again, but

TMZ? Something Tecumseh Valley-ish?

Your curiosity is always welcomed and sometimes even flattering. Somebody out there is paying attention to me! 

Townes Van Zandt. Gone too soon. Probably felt life too deeply to continue putting up with it.

Edit: Check that. His alcoholism had progressed to the point that a full detox would kill him, so he kept drinking on doctor's orders. And 53 isn't so young for a particularly hard living musician, I guess. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's STP's latest with new singer Jeff Gutt:

Right now I'm kinda mixed about this, I do think the new singers sounds better than Chester Bennington did but there's not going to be another Scott Weiland and he won't ever be replaced. That being said, I can hear somewhat of a similar style from Gutt that Weiland had. 

I can't wait for STP's new album that's supposedly coming out sometime in 2018.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1

On 1/19/2018 at 2:35 PM, McLoofus said:

Back "home" again, in Tuscaloosa (replacing a toilet this trip)

listening to APR"s "Live from Here" in the background.

When they announced Shovels and Rope, I recognized the name and listened up (such is life with a monorail mind).

Good stuff. Thanks again.

• Love 1

Probably late to the party. Heard this for the first time today. Very Cut Copy-ish of Beck. When I’m used to Beck’s maudlin, the National type tone.

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Thanks 1

Be me: scrolling through YT videos. “Oh cool, random Audioslave song. Oh damn, Tom Morello is on this. Oh damn, that bassist for RATM is also on this.”

MFW I remember that Audioslave is basically RATM minus Zach, plus Chris Cornell. And I’ve actually been enjoying Audioslave for years, and mad that RATM hasn’t been making music. Furthering my frustration that somehow my brain forgot the whole inception of Audioslave. It’s like a personal Mandela Effect.

11360340.jpg

Edited by ShocksMyBrain