Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 9:06 PM, augolf1716 said:

I assume most of you guys are not country music fans but I am a huge fan of the old stuff so much for story telling. 

I'm a fan of a LOT of country. A lot of stuff currently being put out that will remind you of the old stuff. 

Bro country is the worst genre of music imaginable.

You should check out the Cocaine & Rhinestones podcast done by David Allan Coe's kid. Incredible stories about the people and the business.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm a fan of a LOT of country. A lot of stuff currently being put out that will remind you of the old stuff. 

Bro country is the worst genre of music imaginable.

You should check out the Cocaine & Rhinestones podcast done by David Allan Coe's kid. Incredible stories about the people and the business.

will do

On 6/23/2018 at 8:39 PM, augolf1716 said:

Flip.............................and they were a fun concert to see in the Atl. I actually thought he did a good job acting

Damn! Busy Saturday Night?

Admirable you maintain such an active lifestyle.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:39 PM, augolf1716 said:

Flip.............................and they were a fun concert to see in the Atl. I actually thought he did a good job acting

I really thought some of their music captured some 70's sound.......extremely talented ?

Edited by kevon67
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:31 PM, augolf1716 said:

This version 

or this one

My favorite Johnny Cash song❤?

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 8:17 PM, augolf1716 said:

My favorite female country singer

As time just slipped away (Funny?) I was amazed at the number of old goodies (e.g., below) that were written by Willie Nelson, long before I ever knew of him ('course, Carole King treated me similarly).

ETA - Had a paste glitch. Fixed.

Edited by AUld fAUx@
  • Like 1

While the performer was familiar and recognizable (one of the "Three Kings"), my weekend radio guy introduced me (and/or my memory?) to this song:

• Love 1

2 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

As time just slipped away (Funny?) I was amazed at the number of old goodies (e.g., below) that were written by Willie Nelson, long before I ever knew of him ('course, Carole King treated me similarly).

ETA - Had a paste glitch. Fixed.

True about Willie and especially Carole she had some unbelievable stuff 

56 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

While the performer was familiar and recognizable (one of the "Three Kings"), my weekend radio guy introduced me (and/or my memory?) to this song:

Now that's some damn fine blues right there.............................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Now that's some damn fine blues right there.............................

Cannot argue.

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yes!

Man, it is *so* exciting to me that they are pushing the boundaries of their sound and moving forward. It reminds me of how Alabama Shakes got out there with their 2nd album. And yeah, I guess I'm lumping the two big Alabama bands together, but I can't help it. Anyway, this is sounding a little closer to past efforts from these guys, but there's definitely evolution at play.

Also, shut up Loof. This is just some good ass shakin' music right here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Man, it is *so* exciting to me that they are pushing the boundaries of their sound and moving forward. It reminds me of how Alabama Shakes got out there with their 2nd album. And yeah, I guess I'm lumping the two big Alabama bands together, but I can't help it. Anyway, this is sounding a little closer to past efforts from these guys, but there's definitely evolution at play.

Also, shut up Loof. This is just some good ass shakin' music right here. 

Combination of a good bass line, horns, and beer. My lack of rhythm  will be in full peacock mode.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Haha 1

New Alice in Chains track released yesterday.   New album drops in August.   RAINIER FOG.       So Far Under.....absolutely INCREDIBLE.  Their last two albums have been masterpieces as far as I'm concerned.   LOVE those records and based on what I've heard so far, this is going to be just a great as the last two.  I'm ready...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2018 at 2:14 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

*smashes repeat*

Still smashing the repeat on this. 

Wife loves it, as I told her it reminded me of her(minus the whole “give me one more chance” part). And she’s not a big fan of Chance. 

Feels very Peter Gabriel-ish. Down to the Games Without Frontiers beat which is mashed with I Can’t Stand the Rain. Took me many listens to nail the beat. Vocals are 100% Peter Gabriel-esque. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1