Irony: Tuberville wins Bryant award

quietfan

Sometimes irony just has to make you smile. CTT wins an award named for Bear Bryant, over Price and Petrino! :D

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg...25309224580.xml

Tuberville will be in Houston Thursday for the presentation of the Paul Bryant coach of the year award. Dinner-table conversation should be interest ing, since Louisville's Bobby Petrino and UTEP's Mike Price are two of the other finalists.

[...Chizik/Broyles Award also discussed in article.]

Uh, the coaches award is not the Bryant Award.

We'll know tomorrow (Thursday).

As far as irony, IF he gets it, you always put some symbol of the vanquished in your den as a trophy--the stuffed head, the skin rug, etc.

why would he accept an award that is obviously just living in the past by having Coach Bryant's name on it?

138095[/snapback]

Especially one that Terry Bowden won?!

How long before uat is forced to rename our second HOME field to "Tuberville OWNS us-Denny Stadium"?

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::moon:

Never said that the Bear was not a great coach. Never said that an award in his honor was not a good thing. But he is dead and can't be brought back to life and that is what some Bama fans can't let go of.

Never said that the Bear was not a great coach. Never said that an award in his honor was not a good thing. But he is dead and can't be brought back to life and that is what some Bama fans can't let go of.

138129[/snapback]

AU fans cant either. A week ago I was told that we are living in the past because our stadium and a street and a museum are named after him.

Thats where the "living in the past" comment about the award came from.

uat, at one time in the past(long - long ago), had a good football program.

I, for one, am an AU Man that has NO problem letting the PAST be the PAST. B)

The PRESENT is a whole lot of FUN, if you are an AUBURN TIGER, that is ! ! ! :au:

I for one am living in the present. :au::au::au::au:

13 - 0, UNDEFEATED SEC CHAMPIONS!

The past you say? :P

3 WINS IN A ROW OVER BAMA! :big:

4 WINS IN THE PAST 5 AGAINST BAMA! :big:

138129[/snapback]

AU fans cant either. A week ago I was told that we are living in the past because our stadium and a street and a museum are named after him.

Thats where the "living in the past" comment about the award came from.

138136[/snapback]

That's a little rediculus. There's no problem with honoring a man's memory by naming things after him. The Bear was a great coach. Heck with that philosophy we'd have to rename Washington DC every few years.

why would he accept an award that is obviously just living in the past by having Coach Bryant's name on it?

138095[/snapback]

I heard that he's short just one more paper weight in his office! :lol::lol::au::homer:

here it is, we've happened up on one of BS's buttons....talking about the bear.

i, too, think the award should be renamed, BS... how does the 'Tuberville Award' sound?

here it is, we've happened up on one of BS's buttons....talking about the bear.

i, too, think the award should be renamed, BS... how does the 'Tuberville Award' sound?

138183[/snapback]

I dunno...if all it takes is ONE 10 win season and an SEC championship to have it named after you, I think Mike Dubose has as much right to have it named after him as CTT. :P

BG, for all his apparent intellect, must n ot have read (ahem) my post about "symbols of the vanquished".

138114[/snapback]

Heisman is dead also, but isn't it an honor to win that award. I don't think that Coach Tubberville will be insulted to win the Bear Bryant Award. Isn't that the crystal hat trophy? I've seen it in the Bryant museum and it is beautiful. It's funny, the crystal football is out where you can touch it, and the crystal hat is under lock and key. I guess you can tell where the importance is to us. It really is a nice trophy though.

I haven't heard of the EDDIE ROBINSON TROPHY....Or, should that be BOBBY BOWDEN? After all, these two guys are the WINNINGEST Coaches....right? :lol:

Ummm... So? Tubbs wins an award for the best coach of the year named after the best coach ever.

138202[/snapback]

Gee, an Auburn coach getting an award that is named after a Bama coach.

That's kinda like a Bama fan on an Auburn board who goes to school AT Auburn yet claims to be the "Biggest Bama Fan on AU's Campus." Interesting world we live in, eh chap?!

Gee, an Auburn coach getting an award that is named after a Bama coach.

That's kinda like a Bama fan on an Auburn board who goes to school AT Auburn yet claims to be the "Biggest Bama Fan on AU's Campus."  Interesting world we live in, eh chap?!

Ha! No kidding dude.

Uh, the coaches award is not the Bryant Award. 

We'll know tomorrow (Thursday).

As far as irony, IF he gets it, you always put some symbol of the vanquished in your den as a trophy--the stuffed head, the skin rug, etc.

138078[/snapback]

Okay, now it's official:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha...98065144200.xml

Tuberville wins Bryant Award

Friday, January 14, 2005

CHARLES GOLDBERG

News staff writer

Tommy Tuberville's best season is now linked to this state's most famous football coach.

Call that a touch of irony.

Sorry about my earlier "premature exclamation".

Archived