AU vs. Texas A&M Game thread...

Everyone realizes that this was the #1 team in the SEC West, right? Yea, there were some issues with our broken team... there were also a couple of bad calls, and a team that should have mopped the court with us finally got it together and did what everyone expected them to do.

SEC West?

Yep...that's right SEC West....just a step below the NBA perhaps ? ....Otherwise it should be noted that TAMU is currently #20 nationally.....not exactly a national power. No reason for the AU team to totally lose discipline half way through the game....on our own court in front of our own fans.

I'm just pointing out that there are a bunch of people making it sound like A&M was some scrub team that we should have beaten. I, for one, am just happy that our guys are still showing up. I can't imagine how hard it has to be for them when every time they move one step forward, they get knocked back by an injury, an attitude problem, or some other thing that is totally out of the majority of their control.

Maybe...but these guys are playing a game....it should be fun and no matter where you are playing or who is hurt, they should be giving it 100%.

I just can't see that view that somehow they are making a sacrifice to be busting their butts trying to win just because the team is short handed. Maybe that's the attitude of the scholly players ....but I bet if you put in the 6 guys who never get to play, there would never be a question of slacking off because the team is having a bad year,

Maybe that's just the way of the world now....but back in the day, when the game started we never thought about our W-L or anything but playing our best. I guess I still think it should be that way.....

Everyone realizes that this was the #1 team in the SEC West, right? Yea, there were some issues with our broken team... there were also a couple of bad calls, and a team that should have mopped the court with us finally got it together and did what everyone expected them to do.

SEC West?

Yep...that's right SEC West....just a step below the NBA perhaps ? ....Otherwise it should be noted that TAMU is currently #20 nationally.....not exactly a national power. No reason for the AU team to totally lose discipline half way through the game....on our own court in front of our own fans.

I'm just pointing out that there are a bunch of people making it sound like A&M was some scrub team that we should have beaten. I, for one, am just happy that our guys are still showing up. I can't imagine how hard it has to be for them when every time they move one step forward, they get knocked back by an injury, an attitude problem, or some other thing that is totally out of the majority of their control.

Maybe...but these guys are playing a game....it should be fun and no matter where you are playing or who is hurt, they should be giving it 100%.

I just can't see that view that somehow they are making a sacrifice to be busting their butts trying to win just because the team is short handed. Maybe that's the attitude of the scholly players ....but I bet if you put in the 6 guys who never get to play, there would never be a question of slacking off because the team is having a bad year,

Maybe that's just the way of the world now....but back in the day, when the game started we never thought about our W-L or anything but playing our best. I guess I still think it should be that way.....

I guess you've never been in a scenario where, no matter what you did, you couldn't catch a break. It's not easy... in fact it's incredibly hard to work up the mental strength to give 110% when the cards are dealt against you. Not only that, but they have to give 110%, because when you are in a situation where you are short handed and playing out of position, 100% just won't do if you want to win. No only is this team having to give above and beyond, hey have to do it over and over again, game after game, with no relief in sight.

What I saw was a team that came out giving it their all, that was excited to come in to the second half tied, and then had their spirit broken by a series of calls against them, including one very questionable technical. They had built up a fragile resolve and taking just one more arguably unfair hit shattered it.

Archived