AU vs. MSU Game thread...

Who would these "walkon's" be besides Granger and Waddel? BP had two very good recruiting classes, but not much to show for them yet.

Who would these "walkon's" be besides Granger and Waddel? BP had two very good recruiting classes, but not much to show for them yet.

All of them. Maybe not Brown but what has he done lately? Not Spencer, but he's still very raw. There is a serious lack of talent right now.

Agree...amazes me how much slack people are cutting him.

He got a few cast offs from other schools, a hand full of JUCI players with serviceable talent, and a couple of freshman who can play well at times. Once the roster stops doing a 180 every year because of injury and transfers, then you can judge Bruce. I doubt we see many transfers with him around.

Lang is a scholly player but he isn't a starter. He is a guy that I'd want on my team anyway. Brown and Spencer are going to be good players down the road. Dunans played in the right role could be a good player. Beyond that I'd have to agree with you.

Agree that once the team gets stabilized , Auburn should make some noise in the SEC, NIT and NCAA.

Lang is a scholly player but he isn't a starter. He is a guy that I'd want on my team anyway. Brown and Spencer are going to be good players down the road. Dunans played in the right role could be a good player. Beyond that I'd have to agree with you.

CB was a top Juco And Harris a three year Div1 player and who took Reed and Purefoy.?....Canty was a starter......7 players is all it takes.

CB was a top Juco And Harris a three year Div1 player and who took Reed and Purefoy.?....Canty was a starter......7 players is all it takes.

I think over half that list didn't even play for Auburn down the stretch

Taking Reed, Canty, and Purifoy out of the conversation for the obvious reasons. I'll admit I left out Harris who played hard and was a pretty good ball player. I did not forget Bowers. Left his name off on purpose. Point still remains. Several guys we had playing significant minutes would be role/bench players on other teams.

Are there people suggesting another coach would've taken this exact group to a better record? We literally had no PG. We were playing a walk-on quite often at the 1. Which is basically like if we had to play Tucker Tuberville at QB this season. Coach K maybe wins 2 games more max with this group. Lol can you imagine Cim getting lit into by Coach K every time he throws the ball into the 3rd row or misses a coast-to-coast layup?

Bruce Pearl, the moment he walked in the door, was quite possibly the best coach AU has ever had. Look at his career record. These 2 recruiting classes people are talking about include multiple transfers, and multiple jucos. They were temporary band-aids to help see us through to the true Pearl era. He is buying time to get his guys in here. The next 2 recruiting classes will finally fill the roster out with guys he has recruited rather than having to comb through the juco ranks and grad transfer pool. His highest ranked recruit couldn't play because of SAT issues. His PG and only scorer left the team midway. Cim Bowers was playing out of position, yet again -- and even when he is playing his natural position he wouldn't be getting more than 15 minutes a game on a competitive team. Judge Pearl on who he's bringing in for the long haul. Brown and Spencer. These 2 guys are very promising. Lang is very promising too -- he can be a deadly shooter for us. I imagine when we actually have a flowing offense his outside shot could kill teams. Dunans was a nice pickup but he barely played this year bc of injury but was still a "hold us over until we get freshman to come in" type of signee. I don't understand how people are trying to put this on Pearl. The whole nation would laugh at us if we got rid of him after anyone can see, even from the outside, this is a 4 year rebuild after what Barbee and Lebo did to this program. For an entire decade the previous coaches were digging a deeper and deeper hole to put the program in. We had freaking point shavers on the team!!!! Barbee had ZERO structure when it came to running the team. Bruce Pearl has top prospects looking at/committing to AUBURN BASKETBALL. That is absolutely nuts to think about. Pearl already has landed multiple 4 and 5 stars. They aren't one and done talents but they are highly ranked. We are a program with one Elite 8 appearance in it's entire history. Let him develop them. Or at least let him get them on campus! The fact that top players in the nation are even considering us is a victory in itself considering the position we have been in, not just historically but in the modern era as well. Pearl won 3 games in the SEC tourney last season. Auburn had won 3 games over a 15 year span in the SEC tournament. I can't believe we gave 2 jokes Barbee and Lebo 10 years combined and people are upset with just the first 2 years of cleaning up the incredible mess they made.

rant over

Are there people suggesting another coach would've taken this exact group to a better record?

Face it Tiger... there are a lot of people on here who think the salary and prestige that are associated with our coaches should equate to the ability to perform miracles and overcome things like an excessive number of injuries. Most of them could coach the team better, too, if given the chance.

Are there people suggesting another coach would've taken this exact group to a better record?

Face it Tiger... there are a lot of people on here who think the salary and prestige that are associated with our coaches should equate to the ability to perform miracles and overcome things like an excessive number of injuries. Most of them could coach the team better, too, if given the chance.

Lol we have beaten exactly O N E ranked team in 7 years. And it was Pearl who got the win. IDK how else you can identify progress if an upgrade in recruiting rankings and finally beating a ranked team doesn't count.

Are there people suggesting another coach would've taken this exact group to a better record? We literally had no PG. We were playing a walk-on quite often at the 1....

..snip..

clapping.gif

Archived