Green Beret who beat Afghan child molester reinstated

TitanTiger

I'm glad he is back in but I'm dead serious when I say that the American military have no business playing "moral police." It puts our nation at risk when our soldiers operate on their individual beliefs and not the team's. I would've done the exact same thing the SF guy did, but I would have also been ready to turn my stuff in.

I'm glad he is back in but I'm dead serious when I say that the American military have no business playing "moral police." It puts our nation at risk when our soldiers operate on their individual beliefs and not the team's. I would've done the exact same thing the SF guy did, but I would have also been ready to turn my stuff in.

I'd do it anyway knowing I risk being kicked out, but it doesn't mean I'd take it lying down. I'd still fight it.

And it's one thing to be the "moral police" if he's trying to tell the local consenting adults what to do, but these a**holes are raping children. I don't call that being the moral police, I call it protecting defenseless victims.

I'd do it anyway knowing I risk being kicked out, but it doesn't mean I'd take it lying down. I'd still fight it.

And it's one thing to be the "moral police" if he's trying to tell the local consenting adults what to do, but these a**holes are raping children. I don't call that being the moral police, I call it protecting defenseless victims.

I know it. And in their culture, they see no problem with it. It's a tough pill to swallow but I never had to deal with that crap and I'm glad.

I did witness an Afghan policeman on a motorcycle b****-slap a woman for her face not being covered up though.

We disagree on this particular instance. I'd also hope the soldier received a Commendation Medal for his efforts.

Should have never been disciplined in the first place. Sanity makes a stand. For once.

Guest NC1406

The SGT did the right thing. Glad he was reinstated but I doubt he will ever make it to retirement in the military. If he does I praise him for withstanding the duties that he will be assigned. He is one hell of a MAN, we should all stand up for our beliefs in this fashion.

I'm glad he's getting to stay in and finish his military career. Hopefully he only have a few years left till he is retirement eligible.

This situation is just another example of why we should never send Americans to fight in these countries so opposed to Western culture and morals.

I'm glad he's getting to stay in and finish his military career. Hopefully he only have a few years left till he is retirement eligible.

This situation is just another example of why we should never send Americans to fight in these countries so opposed to Western culture and morals.

Just the ones who match our morals then, huh ?

Guest NC1406

Just the ones who match our morals then, huh ?

Negative. Never send Americans if you have no plan or commitment to finish the engagement. Fighting and war is not pretty. As a country I am not sure we have the stomach for the ugly picture. Our only way to proceed seems to be leaving the picture with a few patriots, please pray for these patriots.

Archived