Chizik Gone

API50

If the title of "ASST HC" means that much to him, I wish him happiness.  It sounds like some trumped oup title to suit an ego to me, but to each his own.

139652[/snapback]

Reminds me of a Cheers episode when Woody wanted a title.

139654[/snapback]

Would Mack Brown be Sam, Norm, Cliff or Frazier?

139659[/snapback]

In this episode he would be Rebecca Howe.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I just want to tell you how excited I am about the opportunity to come back to the great state of Texas and coach where football is king .  Gene Chizik

Yeah, but it's the Cowboys. ;)

Best of Luck to Gene and his family. :cheer:

I believe that he left because of the way that Tubby meddled in the last 3 games, going ultra conservative on defense. JMO. Why else would you leave at this particular time in the program??? Gene is probably 2-3 years away from getting a Head Coaching gig, why not stay @ AU and increase your stock??? Unless you have problems with CTT.

It will be difficult to find a replacement for Gene, I always liked his aggressive style of defense.

:au:

Maybe Chizik was a little paranoid about AU trying to lock him in to a multi-year deal with buyouts and all. I'm sure whatever the reason was he did whatever he thought was best for him and his family. Good Luck to him. I anxiously await the naming of the the next member of the Auburn coaching family and have full confidence in CTT's ability to select a person with character and the ability to get the job done.

Best of Luck to Gene and his family.  :cheer:

I believe that he left because of the way that Tubby meddled in the last 3 games, going ultra conservative on defense. JMO. Why else would you leave at this particular time in the program??? Gene is probably 2-3 years away from getting a Head Coaching gig, why not stay @ AU and increase your stock??? Unless you have problems with CTT.

It will be difficult to find a replacement for Gene, I always liked his aggressive style of defense.

139666[/snapback]

If "meddling" was the reason, why step down to a co-defensive coordinator?

The timing of the departure is puzzling. Almost if it was made without regards to AU recruiting, which led me to believe that it is a personality issue between Tubby and Gene. JMO.

B)

Best of Luck to Gene and his family.  :cheer:

I believe that he left because of the way that Tubby meddled in the last 3 games, going ultra conservative on defense.

139666[/snapback]

OMG, where did you get that CRAP from?

I would be alot more concerned losing Borges than Chizik. With our experience on d coming back we should not see too much dropoff in production, along with defense being much easier to learn. I do not want Miami's DC-Petrino lit him up.

"i truely don't wish chizik the best". That's like what a Bammer would say. Texas PROGRAM is not better than Auburn's, but the situation he'd step into at Texas is MUCH more condusive to a man that wants to be HC at a major program. In other words, Mack Brown will probably need replacing before Tubbs. CTT and Dye both said they want their assistants to aspire to greatness, so why's Chizik different than any other assitant.

sorry we don't agree, but i don't wish him the best that is my opinion. please don't "like" insult me because our opinions are opposing. in a press release from auburntigers.com (i can't find the darn article this morning, i think they took it off), chizik's said the only reason to leave auburn would be an opporutinity to coach at texas. so why did he interview with jacksonville? i can assure you auburn's program is becoming a conducive program for people wanting to move on to the head coaching position. take a look at petrino at louisville.

"i question his timing in conjunction with recruiting? what impact will that have for the auburn team?" What, you want him to announce AFTER players commit to play defense for AU that he's moving on to UT? Think, ya'll. And if Chizik announced during the season you'd be jabbering that his mind wasn't on his coaching.

thanks for the good answer. please elaborate instead of telling me to think. i made questions for answers not to make a point.

FWIW, there are several terrific qualified black coaches I hope Tubbs...and the BOT... consider.

there are probably several green, red and brown people who are qualified and will be considered by the staff @ auburn.

war damn eagle!

If the title of "ASST HC" means that much to him, I wish him happiness.  It sounds like some trumped oup title to suit an ego to me, but to each his own.

139652[/snapback]

Reminds me of a Cheers episode when Woody wanted a title.

139654[/snapback]

Would Mack Brown be Sam, Norm, Cliff or Frazier?

139659[/snapback]

In this episode he would be Rebecca Howe.

139660[/snapback]

BOOWAH!!! (Sam's first utterance when he met her) :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived