2016 3* LB/S Stephen Davis Jr.

EagleDamnWar

Sounds like Coe and Character situation....do we have room for these guys still? And if they don't make it, what happens to their schollys ? Having 3 guys on the margin to qualify.....this is like back in Tubby's day when we had all those good classes except that a handful never showed up.

IIRC, they still count toward the 25 limit per year (and could theoretically affect how many guys we can count back towards this class), but won't affect the 85 scholly limit overall

There is no theoretical to it. Coe & Character do not affect how many we can count back. They count to the 2016 limit and their IC spots are taken & can not be replaced once they sign regardless if they make it. We can sign 27 right now for 2017. The only way that number drops now is if we get SDj, who has not signed & an undergrad transfer or 2 undergrad transfers.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Coe and Character situation....do we have room for these guys still? And if they don't make it, what happens to their schollys ? Having 3 guys on the margin to qualify.....this is like back in Tubby's day when we had all those good classes except that a handful never showed up.

Yes. We are at 81, 4 under the 85 limit. We have room for them. If they don't make it the schollies likely go to walk on Jrs or Srs or not used.

The 85 limit is no concern at all. Bring em all.

2 differences:

1) The signing class limits are much different now. (bad for Gus)

2) Our last 2 classes were at 100% enrollment. (good for Gus)

Could be a reckoning of accounts, or not. But Gus has done very well in this department. Not that you were bashing him.

2 differences:

1) The signing class limits are much different now. (bad for Gus)

2) Our last 2 classes were at 100% enrollment. (good for Gus)

Could be a reckoning of accounts, or not. But Gus has done very well in this department. Not that you were bashing him.

I was thinking back to the old Prop 48 days … Times have really changed.

Cases like the ones above, I blame the players and their HS coaches for allowing them to get so close to the line . Our Coaches have to take the word of the players about their academic progress so once you are committed to guys like these , it is pretty necessary to stick with them.

Surprised to still see this thread. Lots of waiting on a 3 star legacy (a thing that rarely works out well). Counselor is partially to blame as well.

Surprised to still see this thread. Lots of waiting on a 3 star legacy (a thing that rarely works out well). Counselor is partially to blame as well.

That's if they have a counselor dedicated to knowing the standards of the NCAA clearing house. For example, I have a friend who is the NCAA liasoxn counselor for a big school that produces college athletes on a regular basis. She started the job 2 years ago but does not think everything will be be completely caught up for the athletes at her school til the 2018 class as far as having them on the right track for NCAA standards. The school did not have 1 for her & many don't.

• 3 weeks later...

Think he turns into a great LB for us, he has good coverage skills for a LB prospect. Plus he is tall enough to lock down on TE's in coverage. If he can add bout 15lbs I think we have ourselves a good LB. 

Took a while to get settled but happy for him that he is in Auburn....or soon will be.  Sounds like we might have been his favorite for a while and it was a matter or things coming together for him.

• ellitor featured and pinned this topic
20 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Glad to have Stephen back in the fold.

That's it? That's all you have to say after your 238 post about him?  Short and sweet...I like it, A4E

Now that our class is settled, how many signees did we finish with and what is our class rank now?

Just now, ellitor said:

The answers are on the team rankings pages for 247, Scout, & Rivals. If you don't look it up before I get around to it then I will post it.

Aight

17 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Now that our class is settled, how many signees did we finish with and what is our class rank now?

24 counted on the 2016 IC list including Jamel Dean & Kevin Phillips. Here's the full list

Stayed 9th & 11th on the composite & 247 only. ESPN doesn't update after NSD so stayed 9th. Stayed 9th on Scout & Rivals also. Kam Martin was the 1 who gave us a spot boost on a couple of sites.. 

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

24 counted on the 2016 IC list including Jamel Dean & Kevin Phillips. Here's the full list

Stayed 9th & 11th on the composite & 247 only. ESPN doesn't update after NSD so stayed 9th. Stayed 9th on Scout & Rivals also. Kam Martin was the 1 who gave us a spot boost on a couple of sites..

Tawshaun Manning still doesn't count right? 

4 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Think he turns into a great LB for us, he has good coverage skills for a LB prospect. Plus he is tall enough to lock down on TE's in coverage. If he can add bout 15lbs I think we have ourselves a good LB. 

I read he might start out at RB.  After I saw that I looked at his RB film and he looks alright.  Granted, the vid was from his junior year (I think) but he looked really skinny.

WDE!

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Tawshaun Manning still doesn't count right? 

Now that he is planning to enroll this January IDK anymore.

From Keith

-Will start off as a preferred walk-on at Auburn, with a good chance of being put on scholarship in January.

Don't know anything more than that. Probably a numbers game -- and he wanted to be at AU, so everyone made it work.

Again ... I stress, that is all I know at this time.

That means for the time being AU has 23 counting for 2016 not 24 as previously posted.

It will be nice to have is dad hanging out on the sidelines during games. Love it when the past legends come back. 

I am super happy I was one of the ones that always thought he would be a great player. I was disappointed when it looked like we had quit recruiting him then happy when it looked like we still wanted him then sad when it looked like he might not come. Now I am happy again. 

Now I want him to prove that he is his father's son and become another Auburn legend at whatever position he finally ends up at.

Archived