2016 3* LB/S Stephen Davis Jr.

EagleDamnWar

How long after taking your SAT before you get your results back.

It's not that simple. It will still have to be cleared by the SAT governing body & after that the NCAA clearing house takes forever sometimes to rule on kids.

Purifoy has heard of this I believe.

It still has to be cleared but clearance can be quick and easy or as we have seen with Purifoy slow and laborious. If previous scores were very close to passing and only a minor improvement was needed and made it is usually approved quickly. It is when original scores were very low and then a dramatic increase occurs that Red Flags are raised. If Mr Davis's original scores were almost there and he improves enough I would not expect a long amount of time for approval. Since I don't know what his original scores were I have no idea if he would be approved quickly if he makes the required improvement.

That's also assuming it's a scores only thing, which has not been confirmed. Grades, passing certain classes, & the clearing house analyzing all that takes even more time.

You are correct. I assumed which was probably a mistake that it was just SAT scores. If so and he was close before and passed this time it should (I emphasize Should as you never know for sure) that it should be quick.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know the latest on SDJ?

Nothing new. It will spread fast on all AU sites when there is something to report.

Come on Stephen Davis Jr, the Auburn Family is waiting to welcome you with loving arms wide open.

Creed.jpg

Dibs on posting "well I just heard the news today" if and when this gets wrapped up.

Here we are 3/18 and still no news on SDJ. Wonder how much longer it will be before this is all wrapped up and we get work that Stephen is headed to the Plains.

Here we are 3/18 and still no news on SDJ. Wonder how much longer it will be before this is all wrapped up and we get work that Stephen is headed to the Plains.

Could be as late as August if it even happens.

Why August? He'll get test results back way before then. If not good enough, we should here something positive or negative right? The last retakes are in June I believe, so we'd at least know if he's retaking again right?

Why August? He'll get test results back way before then. If not good enough, we should here something positive or negative right? The last retakes are in June I believe, so we'd at least know if he's retaking again right?

If he doesn't qualify with the scores he's waiting on right now, he'll have to take it again in June. Those may not come back until August. The staff also can't talk about him until he signs, so I wouldn't expect to hear anything official until he signs somewhere.

If he doesn't qualify with the scores he's waiting on right now, he'll have to take it again in June. Those may not come back until August. The staff also can't talk about him until he signs, so I wouldn't expect to hear anything official until he signs somewhere.

I think scores come back 2 or 3 weeks after the test, so he'll know way before August. Now the NCAA may drag their feet until or past August clearing him, but I'd think we'd hear at least that he made his scores and is waiting on the NCAA to accept/clear him or he didn't make his scores and he's going prep or JC.

I think scores come back 2 or 3 weeks after the test, so he'll know way before August. Now the NCAA may drag their feet until or past August clearing him, but I'd think we'd hear at least that he made his scores and is waiting on the NCAA to accept/clear him or he didn't make his scores and he's going prep or JC.

From the SAT website:

Once you take your SAT, it takes about three weeks for the College Board to grade your exam and post your scores online. This process can take anywhere from 17-22 days. The College Board will publish exact expectations of when the scores will be released – sometimes they come out early, but don't count on it.

Last SAT testing date (also from their website) is June 4, 2016. Worst case scenario, he gets scores back June 26, and then he has to send those off to Universities (which takes time). By the time all of the processing is done, it can definitely be early to mid August.

There have been any number of signees who we didn't have the final word on until mid-August. Tre Mason immediately comes to mind.

It's never been said of SDj that it's only a qualifying SAT score he is waiting on. He very well have to have certain classes he has to get credit for. If he does not have all the required particular class credits by May he could have to take Summer courses to get those credits. If that is the case it would be July at the earliest before we hear anything.

I guess the other question is if he is cleared what is the deadline for the '16 class?

Next January to count on the 2016 IC limit.

Any word on how his rehab is going? As I remember he got hurt and had to have surgery.

Any word on how his rehab is going? As I remember he got hurt and had to have surgery.

No reports on how he is recovering from his Sr season ending knee injury. It looks like people are waiting to see if he is eligible before reporting anything else about him.

No reports on how he is recovering from his Sr season ending knee injury. It looks like people are waiting to see if he is eligible before reporting anything else about him.

Should have asked in my original question. Was it the type of knee Injury that he would have to RedShirt his first year even if he gets in?

Should have asked in my original question. Was it the type of knee Injury that he would have to RedShirt his first year even if he gets in?

Don't know. All that was reported in September was it ended his high school season. Nothing has been reported on it since.

Archived