2016 3* LB/S Stephen Davis Jr.

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's not defense then I don't think we need him

We may not need him, but he could fill the roster spot vacated by Roc and be a tall receiver on the outside.

Alternatively he could play DB. Just playing devil's advocate as to why I think that we should take him no matter what side of the ball he prefers.

This whole thing sounds convoluted. If he is in fact coming to Auburn how long would it have to be kept secret?

As long as the prospect wants to. Apparently he is staying silent til he enrolls at a school's mid Summer term.

If it's not defense then I don't think we need him

We may not need him, but he could fill the roster spot vacated by Roc and be a tall receiver on the outside.

Alternatively he could play DB. Just playing devil's advocate as to why I think that we should take him no matter what side of the ball he prefers.

I see what you're saying, I'm just saying as far as him impacting the team I thought him being a safety and maybe eventually an super athletic linebacker was it. At wr? I don't see him getting ahead of any of the 4 we have coming in

Just curious, when was the last time we had a player with questionable grades and/or a borderline non-qualifier that turn out to be an impact player?

If he's got Tristan Davis/Onterrio McCalebb/Corey Grant/Rudy Ford athleticism, then he'll find the football field wherever he goes. I've not heard one way or the other if that's the case, though.

Just curious, when was the last time we had a player with questionable grades and/or a borderline non-qualifier that turn out to be an impact player?

That's like any employer after your first job asking for your college GPA. It doesn't really happen.

Tre Mason. It was touch and go with getting him into school until either late August or early September of his freshman year. A lot of fans and some with good sources had written Mason off as never going to get academically qualified to enroll at Auburn.

Tre Mason. It was touch and go with getting him into school until either late August or early September of his freshman year. A lot of fans and some with good sources had written Mason off as never going to get academically qualified to enroll at Auburn.

Thanks, that is what I was looking for.

Thanks, that is what I was looking for.

There were 3 impact players from that class that had to finish full Summer work to get in for August. Tre as Mikey mentioned but also G-Rob & Sammie Coates.

That's like any employer after your first job asking for your college GPA. It doesn't really happen.

You should try getting a job at Garmin...

What's this about may recommit and enroll at AU next week? That's pretty darn soon. I'm guessing there is a little bit more info?

It's possible. He will be somewhere next week. Link

What's this about may recommit and enroll at AU next week? That's pretty darn soon. I'm guessing there is a little bit more info?

Strangest recruitment I can ever remember... :-\

Bump. Not Auburn or what?

So what happened? It's almost the end of "next week". Any word?

Bump. Not Auburn or what?

Per Keith's free chat on youtube yesterday he still has more work to do after all.

Sounds like Coe and Character situation....do we have room for these guys still? And if they don't make it, what happens to their schollys ? Having 3 guys on the margin to qualify.....this is like back in Tubby's day when we had all those good classes except that a handful never showed up.

Sounds like Coe and Character situation....do we have room for these guys still? And if they don't make it, what happens to their schollys ? Having 3 guys on the margin to qualify.....this is like back in Tubby's day when we had all those good classes except that a handful never showed up.

IIRC, they still count toward the 25 limit per year (and could theoretically affect how many guys we can count back towards this class), but won't affect the 85 scholly limit overall

Yes. We are at 81, 4 under the 85 limit. We have room for them. If they don't make it the schollies likely go to walk on Jrs or Srs or not used.

Archived