DNC chair won't speak at Dem convention

AFTiger

The head of the Democratic National Committee will not speak at the party's convention next week, a decision reached by party officials Saturday after emails surfaced that raised questions about the committee's impartiality during the Democratic primary.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz, whose stewardship of the DNC has been under fire through most of the presidential primary process, will not have a major speaking role in an effort "to keep the peace" in the party, a Democrat familiar with the decision said. The revelation comes following the release of nearly 20,000 emails

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/22/politics/dnc-wikileaks-emails/index.html

Democrat Party shenanigans and dirty tricks in its own primary

Paraphrasing Gomer Pyle "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise" Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump were both right the DNC had the fix in for Hillary.

The DNC chair will not speak because of the DNC email.  So, I guess hillary will not speak either because of hers emails or because she is a clinton it will be ok?

Well, she's a crook that helped rigged the game against Sanders.  She deserves much worse than just not speaking at the convention.

As a non-democrat, I hate that she is likely going to be dismissed. The fact that she has been the face of the DNC has been reassuring. She comes across to me as being nasty to the core. She comes across as being willing to do ANYTHING to advance her agenda.

The DNC is rigged. Shocker. Back when everyone KNEW DAMN WELL that the early debates were intentionally scheduled on odd nights, to down play interest and keep the ground swell of support for Bernie at its lowest, we were met with denials and accusations of 'conspiracy kooks ' as a response. 

Well, I guess it's not a conspiracy when everyone knows what is going on. Even if the DNC tried to say it wasn't. 

2 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

The DNC is rigged. Shocker. Back when everyone KNEW DAMN WELL that the early debates were intentionally scheduled on odd nights, to down play interest and keep the ground swell of support for Bernie at its lowest, we were met with denials and accusations of 'conspiracy kooks ' as a response. 

Well, I guess it's not a conspiracy when everyone knows what is going on. Even if the DNC tried to say it wasn't. 

Exactly! I don't think that even the democrats on this forum would say that the system was not rigged for Hillary this year. We will never know how well Sanders would have done with a level playing field (if there is such a thing).

8 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

DNC Chair resigns. Whoop de doo.

Still not voting for Trump. Ever.

No one said you had to. But will you still vote for Crooked and now Rigged Hillary ? 

1 minute ago, AURaptor said:

No one said you had to. But will you still vote for Crooked and now Rigged Hillary ? 

Not voting for Hillary or Trump. I'm giving Johnson and Weld a look.

38 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

DNC Chair resigns. Whoop de doo.

Still not voting for Trump. Ever.

Noteveniftheresafire_60a76f_4163909.jpg

“There’s simply no one better at taking the fight to the Republicans than Debbie, which is why I am glad that she has agreed to serve as honorary chair of my campaign’s 50-state program to gain ground and elect Democrats in every part of the country, and will continue to serve as a surrogate for my campaign nationally, in Florida, and in other key states. I look forward to campaigning with Debbie in Florida and helping her in her re-election bid–because as President, I will need fighters like Debbie in Congress who are ready on day one to get to work for the American people.”

Part of Clinton's statement

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/dnc-chair-wasserman-schultz-resigns-amidst-email-uproar/

Debbie Wasserman Schultz will step down at the end of the convention.

Hillary Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook suggested Sunday that internal DNC emails leaked last week were an effort from the Russians to help Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

“What’s disturbing to us is that experts are telling us Russian state actors broke into the DNC, stole these emails, and other experts are now saying that the Russians are releasing these emails for the purpose of actually of helping Donald Trump,” Mook said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/robby-mook-russians-emails-trump-226084

11 minutes ago, Auburn85 said:

Part of Clinton's statement

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/dnc-chair-wasserman-schultz-resigns-amidst-email-uproar/

Debbie Wasserman Schultz will step down at the end of the convention.

That is interesting because the CNN group was saying that Hillary did not want Schultz anywhere near the convention. I agree with Hillary that Schultz is great at taking the fight to Republicans. She is indeed a pitbull when it comes to attacking and is about as discriminating at picking her targets.

So the Russians broke into the DNC files, but not Hillary's? 

2 minutes ago, Grumps said:

That is interesting because the CNN group was saying that Hillary did not want Schultz anywhere near the convention. I agree with Hillary that Schultz is great at taking the fight to Republicans. She is indeed a pitbull when it comes to attacking and is about as discriminating at picking her targets.

For political purposes and optics, she doesn't want her anywhere near her at the convention, but only the convention.

The emails had already been released when Schultz spoke at the Clinton/Kaine rally.

And now, in her statement, she will help her get re-elected. 

She had already been  the DNC chair as long as other DNC chairs.. So it was time for her to go anyways.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

you've got to know the server exists

No chance they could have known , huh? 

<_<

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Well, she's a crook that helped rigged the game against Sanders.  She deserves much worse than just not speaking at the convention.

Didn't say that, but they wouldn't necessarily know to attack a random server in a private residence like they would a high profile organization.

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Didn't say that, but they wouldn't necessarily know to attack a random server in a private residence like they would a high profile organization.

You guys are on a different track.  I'm just talking about Wasserman deserving whatever crap comes her way for her thumb on the scales of the Democratic primary.

The Russians and their notorious rigged elections where they march their standing armies in line to go vote for Putin as well as mysteriously kill off their opponents helped reveal to the American people the rigged Democratic primaries in order to help Trump. Yep I need a drink.

Does anyone here think , for a second, that Debbie has even a passing moment of regret or concern about what she did ? I believe she feels she did her job, did it well, for the good of the DNC, the country, the world... what ever. 

Archived