milehighfan

1 hour ago, 80Tiger said:

Kinda my point. Evidently the coaches considered all of these guys better TB.

Except we had no proven HB or depth there, and out of Jovon, Roc, Barber, KJ, and Pettway, I'm guessing they thought the 6' 240 lb. guy would work the best at HB, leaving 4 dudes at RB to run the ball.  We'll see how he works out tomorrow night though.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

They were also upper classmen.  Remember, Kam was a freshman last year.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Except we had no proven HB or depth there, and out of Jovon, Roc, Barber, KJ, and Pettway, I'm guessing they thought the 6' 240 lb. guy would work the best at HB, leaving 4 dudes at RB to run the ball.  We'll see how he works out tomorrow night though.

Thank you for keeping me from repeating myself. It's not the first time you have picked up my slack. :cheers:

12 hours ago, Timbeaux38 said:

This. Very excited to watch this tandem in action.

This will be more like being run over by 12 Abram's tanks lined up one after the other until nothing but orange & purple powder is all that remains!

6 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

No they just didn't consider any of these guys to be able to play FB/HB so the best option was to move KP to FB/HB. WDE

On 9/2/2016 at 5:04 AM, ellitor said:

1. Bubba will bring the Boom. 2. @FistyMcBeefpunch  has the best AUFamily profile name ever.

And I think we'll be bringing the beef all night on O and D.  Even if we lose, I think Clemson will be more physically beat up than after possibly any other of their games.

1 hour ago, FistyMcBeefpunch said:

And I think we'll be bringing the beef all night on O and D.  Even if we lose, I think Clemson will be more physically beat up than after possibly any other of their games.

My hope. Not sold we will do this, but really hoping!

2 hours ago, wildlife alumni said:

Maybe the coaches were injured before the game. It would explain a little.

Gus is obviously injured between the ears.  

Yeah I was very disappointed by KP's lack of carries. He seems to be a good change of style from KJ. Just another part of last night's utterly stupid offensive game plan.

Roc Thomas looked really good in Jacksonville State's win over North Alabama. Roc scored 2 or 3 rushing TD's and he made it look real easy.

5 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Roc Thomas looked really good in Jacksonville State's win over North Alabama. Roc scored 2 or 3 rushing TD's and he made it look real easy.

Good for him.  He was good enough to play for an upper-tier SEC school and he was going up against a good but not great D2 school.

Are you suggesting he could have done the same against Clemson?

WDE!

7 hours ago, autig90 said:

Yeah I was very disappointed by KP's lack of carries. He seems to be a good change of style from KJ. Just another part of last night's utterly stupid offensive game plan.

Yep. One of the many head scratchers. Why run the ball with Johnson on 4th down when you have someone of Pettway's size and ability on the sidelines.

Archived